Would a Trump impeachment be dangerous? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:59:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Would a Trump impeachment be dangerous? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would a Trump impeachment be dangerous?  (Read 2170 times)
LabourJersey
United States

« on: February 10, 2017, 06:25:26 PM »

I think the "Trump=Pence" crowd are losing sight of the point that Trump is clearly an unbalanced man who has no understanding of government and also has a cult-like following with millions of Americans.

While I hate Trump, you have to admit that he cobbled a coalition of 46% of Americans to vote him despite a MOUNTAIN of issues. Pence is not that "talented" if you can put it like that. And I think putting Pence in the WH would probably reduce the empowerment of the Trumpkins
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 02:57:53 PM »

I think the "Trump=Pence" crowd are losing sight of the point that Trump is clearly an unbalanced man who has no understanding of government and also has a cult-like following with millions of Americans.

While I hate Trump, you have to admit that he cobbled a coalition of 46% of Americans to vote him despite a MOUNTAIN of issues. Pence is not that "talented" if you can put it like that. And I think putting Pence in the WH would probably reduce the empowerment of the Trumpkins

Trump is too incompetent and apathetic to accomplish most of what he was elected to do. Pence isn't.

I assume you have forgotten how incompetently Pence rolled out the Religious Freedom bill in Indiana in 2013/14---he was totally incapable of defending the bill on the Sunday shows!

Also Pence's main agenda (of "severe social conservatism") would be both more unpopular and (relatively) easy to fight than Trump's general authoritarian tendencies and nativism, and thus relatively less dangerous. And there doesn't appear to be evidence that Pence would be as much a loose cannon as Trump. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies