Would a Trump impeachment be dangerous? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:36:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Would a Trump impeachment be dangerous? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would a Trump impeachment be dangerous?  (Read 2152 times)
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« on: February 10, 2017, 10:12:11 AM »

This is pure speculation, but if the Trumpster were impeached, what would he do? I think he certainly won’t resign like Nixon, no matter how hopeless it looks on the congressional floor. I’m pretty sure if removed from office, the Trumpster would declare the system is rigged and incite his staunch supporters to demonstrate violently (or they would so it themselves with Trump encouraging it). So it may be that an impeachment would actually bring us close to a civil war. Don’t you think?
Yes, pretty much. Question is, when Trump tries to seize total power, who do the republicans side with? Who does the military side with? If they side with democracy, Trump is toast and western civilization is saved. If they side with Trump, western civilization is dead and buried.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 11:01:20 AM »

This is pure speculation, but if the Trumpster were impeached, what would he do? I think he certainly won’t resign like Nixon, no matter how hopeless it looks on the congressional floor. I’m pretty sure if removed from office, the Trumpster would declare the system is rigged and incite his staunch supporters to demonstrate violently (or they would so it themselves with Trump encouraging it). So it may be that an impeachment would actually bring us close to a civil war. Don’t you think?
Yes, pretty much. Question is, when Trump tries to seize total power, who do the republicans side with? Who does the military side with? If they side with democracy, Trump is toast and western civilization is saved. If they side with Trump, western civilization is dead and buried.

Fortunately (to use the word very loosely), so-called President Pussygrabber is well on his way to permanently defining himself as a stupid crazy-person.
He did that a long time ago. The question is how long it will take for people to realize it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies