Would a Trump impeachment be dangerous? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:52:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Would a Trump impeachment be dangerous? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would a Trump impeachment be dangerous?  (Read 2154 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: February 10, 2017, 10:57:48 AM »

This is pure speculation, but if the Trumpster were impeached, what would he do? I think he certainly won’t resign like Nixon, no matter how hopeless it looks on the congressional floor. I’m pretty sure if removed from office, the Trumpster would declare the system is rigged and incite his staunch supporters to demonstrate violently (or they would so it themselves with Trump encouraging it). So it may be that an impeachment would actually bring us close to a civil war. Don’t you think?
Yes, pretty much. Question is, when Trump tries to seize total power, who do the republicans side with? Who does the military side with? If they side with democracy, Trump is toast and western civilization is saved. If they side with Trump, western civilization is dead and buried.

Fortunately (to use the word very loosely), so-called President Pussygrabber is well on his way to permanently defining himself as a stupid crazy-person.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 01:10:37 PM »

I think the "Trump=Pence" crowd are losing sight of the point that Trump is clearly an unbalanced man who has no understanding of government and also has a cult-like following with millions of Americans.

While I hate Trump, you have to admit that he cobbled a coalition of 46% of Americans to vote him despite a MOUNTAIN of issues. Pence is not that "talented" if you can put it like that. And I think putting Pence in the WH would probably reduce the empowerment of the Trumpkins

You don't think Pence is unbalanced?

Speaking for myself, I think he's unbalanced in the same way any in the religious-right are. But he appears to lack Pussygrabber's especially dangerous mix of: huge but fragile ego, narcissism, massive ignorance and inability to learn.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 08:34:42 PM »

At the very least, the Senators who vote in favor of impeachment will find themselves in danger of disappearing inexplicably.

What's inexplicable about a mob of cultists shooting your kids, or dying of polonium poisoning?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies