NJ-Fairleigh Dickinson: Murphy and Guadagno ahead in the primaries
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:55:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ-Fairleigh Dickinson: Murphy and Guadagno ahead in the primaries
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ-Fairleigh Dickinson: Murphy and Guadagno ahead in the primaries  (Read 843 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 10, 2017, 07:45:56 PM »

Link.

Democratic Primary:

Murphy 17%
Lesniak 7%
Wisniewski 6%
Johnson 2%
Someone else 17%
Don't know 50%

Republican Primary:

Guadagno 18%
Piscopo 12%
Rogers 2%
Ciattarelli 2%
Someone else 13%
Don't know 52%

Yawn. I don't know why they didn't ask the head-to-head race.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 07:56:57 PM »

That's pretty terrible for Murphy.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 08:21:43 PM »

I live in New Jersey. I've seen Philip D. Murphy's commercials, on cable TV, etc. He needs to put the ads on the radio on 101.5 NJ, and HOT 97 in the NYC/Philadelphia media market so he can get more name ID.

Murphy needs to also campaign like the underdog and not take this election for granted like a Democratic coronation like Hillary Clinton did in 2016.

He needs to campaign in black and Latino communities in N.J. so people can know who he is. If black and Latino turnout is low in November, it won't be good for the Democrats who want to pick up the N.J. governorship from the GOP.
houseonaboat
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 10:06:32 PM »

Already posted this on another thread but I'll stick with it. This is a terrible number for Wisniewski. He's third in a two-way primary and him and Lesniak alone (and Johnson, because why not) still trail Murphy by quite a bit. It's good but not great for Murphy. 17% in a four-way primary when you have all 21 county lines is a pretty good place to be, and the only number really hurting him is the 17% "someone else." And it's an intriguing result for Johnson since he has nowhere to go up.

FWIW I believe Murphy's actual numbers are quite a bit higher than in the poll's. To my knowledge he's been campaigning heavily in Newark, Hudson, Bergen and Passaic Counties and those are all states where political machines still thrive.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies