If the USA had to change from federal to Unitary or Confederate, which one? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:00:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  If the USA had to change from federal to Unitary or Confederate, which one? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If the USA had to change from federal to Unitary or Confederate, which one?
Unitary government (D)
Unitary government (R)
Unitary government (I/O)
Confederate government (D)
Confederate government (R)
Confederate government (I/O)
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: If the USA had to change from federal to Unitary or Confederate, which one?  (Read 5613 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: February 19, 2017, 10:15:05 AM »

I am of the opinion that the distribution of power in government should be localized, so that it can be more responsive to the interests and needs of the people who live under that government. As such, I choose Confederate (R).

I have this logic, but conclude unitary.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 02:44:43 PM »

A lot of people in this thread seem to be under the impression that unitary states are always ultra-centralised affairs. If anything, a hypothetical unitary government would probably be less centralised, because there would be more focus on local government (the most important layer), which are often neglected by the current federal set-up. (I support federalism though, but if the other option is confederalism ...)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 03:21:37 AM »

I love how people are ignoring reality in this thread by pretending that a "confederacy" would be interested in localism (as  opposed to a Unitary system, which would presumably be far more localist)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies