If the USA had to change from federal to Unitary or Confederate, which one? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:09:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  If the USA had to change from federal to Unitary or Confederate, which one? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If the USA had to change from federal to Unitary or Confederate, which one?
Unitary government (D)
Unitary government (R)
Unitary government (I/O)
Confederate government (D)
Confederate government (R)
Confederate government (I/O)
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: If the USA had to change from federal to Unitary or Confederate, which one?  (Read 5606 times)
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« on: March 18, 2017, 02:56:25 PM »

The United States is too culturally, demographically, and politically diverse to operate a unitary state. Just because certain laws work in Connecticut, that doesn't mean that they would work in Wyoming necessarily.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 05:57:51 PM »

The United States is too culturally, demographically, and politically diverse to operate a unitary state. Just because certain laws work in Connecticut, that doesn't mean that they would work in Wyoming necessarily.
So then the unitary government would only craft laws that would work universally... meaning they'd either pass fewer laws or they'd be more complex, in these cases.

But I'm struggling to think of a good example of what you could mean?
For example gun laws, heavily urbanized states and areas should have different gun laws from more rural less densely populated states.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies