Hillary Is Running -Anymore proof needed to confirm Politico as tabloid garbage?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:43:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Hillary Is Running -Anymore proof needed to confirm Politico as tabloid garbage?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Hillary Is Running -Anymore proof needed to confirm Politico as tabloid garbage?  (Read 1808 times)
uti2

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 12, 2017, 09:01:12 AM »

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/02/hillary-clinton-is-running-for-president-again-214766
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 09:21:04 AM »

Probably just some guy running with some weak and ambiguous "proof" so he can say he called it first in the event she does run again.
uti2

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 09:26:50 AM »

Probably just some guy running with some weak and ambiguous "proof" so he can say he called it first in the event she does run again.

That's what 90% of politico articles are about.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 01:02:58 PM »

This guy must have access to the Clinton inner circle to make such bold, specific predictions.  Oh wait, he doesn't?  Throw it in the garbage.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 01:03:45 PM »

Honestly, I think it's more likely than not that she runs. And if she does, she'll be the favorite to win the D nomination.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 01:14:07 PM »

Why is it so unlikely that someone who sought the presidency twice, and recently won the popular vote by two percent would seek it again?

What decisions are Hillary Clinton and her surrogates making that she wouldn't do if she weren't interested in leaving the door open for another run?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 01:23:47 PM »

I think she's keeping the door open. A wait and see approach with Trump. She certainly has an argument. 48.0% - 45.9%
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 01:42:28 PM »

Hillary Clinton is never going to run for any elected office ever again. Ever. Never ever.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2017, 01:46:29 PM »

I think she's keeping the door open. A wait and see approach with Trump. She certainly has an argument. 48.0% - 45.9%
Probably yes. I think in the end it is quite unlikely that she runs, but I do believe she could be pursuaded if the dems have trouble finding a strong enough candidate.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2017, 01:59:39 PM »

Unless she manages to get well liked again and comes back as an unabashedly angry populist, no.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2017, 02:05:46 PM »

If she does run, she needs to throw caution to the wind, and just be herself.  Show the finger to those accusing her of playing 'identity politics' by doubling down with an all-woman ticket (Elizabeth Warren as VP would do nicely), and she can't do any worse than she did last time.  
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2017, 02:09:13 PM »

If she does run, she needs to throw caution to the wind, and just be herself.  Show the finger to those accusing her of playing 'identity politics' by doubling down with an all-woman ticket (Elizabeth Warren as VP would do nicely), and she can't do any worse than she did last time.  
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2017, 02:13:08 PM »

Even if Hillary does run again, she's DOA in the primary. No one who lost to Donald Trump is going to win a Democratic primary. No one who voted for Sanders would vote for her in a primary (unless her only opponent is someone like Manchin), and many who did vote for her in last year's primary did so because they believed that she was more electable. Kind of hard to make that argument any more. She'd still have some support, but not enough to win.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2017, 02:14:20 PM »

If she does run, she needs to throw caution to the wind, and just be herself.  Show the finger to those accusing her of playing 'identity politics' by doubling down with an all-woman ticket (Elizabeth Warren as VP would do nicely), and she can't do any worse than she did last time. 

Statements like this make me wonder if most political commentators even see candidates are real people at the end of the day.  

Hillary Clinton has a method of operating that's been on display for the better part of the past 30 years.  She can't reinvent herself now, and she won't...because its Hillary Clinton.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2017, 02:39:50 PM »

She will not win the primary if she were to run again.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2017, 03:02:09 PM »

This is the darkest timeline.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2017, 04:26:29 PM »

Honestly, Clinton would easily sweep a crowded field in a primary, she'd be guaranteed about 30% of the vote in most states, and that might be enough to build up a solid lead in the beginning of the primary.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2017, 04:34:30 PM »

The thing is though. Identity politics ISN'T who Clinton really is. Identity politics is just what she was using to sell herself to the left. What Clinton really is is a moderately hawkish, fiscally conservative, socially liberal technocrat. In the 90s, the Clinton's were anything but identity warriors. They were about law and order as much as Trump is, with Bill's Sista Souljah moment and Hillary's superpredator speech. She's not a true believer in this SJW crap (to her credit).
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2017, 04:42:55 PM »

If she somehow won again, she should not pick Tim Kaine as her running mate. That guy was a complete dork.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2017, 05:53:03 PM »

Unless she manages to get well liked again and comes back as an unabashedly angry populist, no.

People get well-liked by not running for office. Also, considering that people weren't in the angry-populist mood in 2016, still got one forced on them, and now disapprove of him, I don't think angry populists will get far at all in 2020.

The main question for the Hillary Clinton campaign (especially for the Democratic primary) is -- in 2020, will most people see her as at fault for the Trump victory? Or as having fought the good fight to stop it? That, more than anything else, will determine how a comeback attempt is viewed.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2017, 05:59:02 PM »
« Edited: February 12, 2017, 06:02:19 PM by DavidB. »

Yaaaaaaaas Queeeeeeen! Looking forward to Hillary running again. She'll always have a special place in my heart.
ericpolitico
Rookie
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2017, 06:17:54 PM »

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/02/hillary-clinton-is-running-for-president-again-214766

"Hillary Clinton will run for president. Again.

No inside information informs this prediction. No argument is advanced as to whether her run is a good or a bad idea—there are many ways to make a case either way. Instead this is just a statement of simple facts (if facts mean anything anymore, that is). And the facts are clear that the former secretary of state is doing everything she needs to do to run for the White House one more time. If she finds a path to do so, she will take it. And I can prove it.

And just days ago, Clinton trolled Trump on Twitter over the courtroom defeat of his executive order banning citizens from seven majority-Muslim nations. She didn’t have to do that, of course. Most defeated rivals disappear after their loss. Instead, Clinton sounded very much like she was still on the campaign trail. (Because, of course, she is.)"
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2017, 06:37:27 PM »

I told you all so.  I said it!  YES!!!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2017, 06:57:49 PM »

I hope not but never say never. Nixon 1968, after all. She could be more 'authentic', reinvent herself as an economic populist and try run on buyer's remorse to Trump and as a 'New Hillary'. I don't think she should or would run, she is a terrible candidate, but I can't say she won't.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2017, 07:00:27 PM »

I hope not but never say never. Nixon 1968, after all. She could be more 'authentic', reinvent herself as an economic populist and try run on buyer's remorse to Trump and as a 'New Hillary'. I don't think she should or would run, she is a terrible candidate, but I can't say she won't.

Never doubt the thinking of East Coast elites who want power, power, and MORE power.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies