Farewell
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:37:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Farewell
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Farewell  (Read 16232 times)
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2017, 09:58:47 AM »

I think that your own garden needs some tending. Good riddance.
When did you become such a dick to people.

Stop signing your posts people!
OK?
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2017, 12:37:44 PM »

Don't let the door hit you on the way out buckeroo.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2017, 06:41:51 PM »

This is welcome news. How ag ever advanced beyond 2004 election year troll to mod is a mystery to me.

I think poor Jerry here has come down with Aghole Syndrome. It's a condition where you first start acting like a dick, then change your avatar to I-MX, and finally, collapse under the weight of your own arrogance.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2017, 07:38:57 PM »

I'm not sure what all the fuss is over, but I'll miss seeing you here. Hope to see you back some day.

He basically started to call everybody that disagreed with him Hitlerites.

Hopefully he'll come to his sense.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2017, 07:45:06 PM »

Telling people to go kill themselves and then casting yourself as the victim isn't going to fly with me, sorry. In the past, mods have been banned for this exact same type of behavior. Do you really think it is okay for you to tell people to commit suicide here?

Not telling people to kill themselves shouldn't be too much to ask for.

Is it too much to ask for, for people not to call Stalin humane? I tried to be as charitable to the dude as humanly possible, but one thing he wasn't was humane. He was one of the least humane totalitarians in human history. How would we expect someone with relatives who died in the Holocaust to react of calling Hitler humane was considered acceptable?

ag was one of our best posters, unfortunately his knowledge of Russia and Mexico will be sorely missed. ag, I hope you reconsider.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2017, 07:57:37 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2017, 08:00:26 PM by DavidB. »

Is it too much to ask for, for people not to call Stalin humane? I tried to be as charitable to the dude as humanly possible, but one thing he wasn't was humane. He was one of the least humane totalitarians in human history. How would we expect someone with relatives who died in the Holocaust to react of calling Hitler humane was considered acceptable?
I personally have relatives who were killed in the Holocaust and absolutely didn't agree with Santander's comments, obviously. Still no reason to tell someone to kill themselves. And it is not only Santander who read that comment. The entire forum could read it. I know there are people here who have attempted suicide. I want them to be safe. Death wishes shouldn't be acceptable on this forum. And ag is a moderator! If he thought Santander's comments were against the TOS he should have reported them.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2017, 08:03:33 PM »

I personally have relatives who were killed in the Holocaust and absolutely didn't agree with Santander's comments, obviously. Still no reason to tell someone to kill themselves. And it is not only Santander who read that comment. The entire forum could read it. I know there are people here who have attempted suicide. I want them to be safe. Death wishes shouldn't be acceptable on this forum. And ag is a moderator! If he thought Santander's comments were against the TOS he should have reported them.

So, he lost his temper. We all lose our tempers from time to time. It proves he's a human being. And while his comment was inappropriate, so was Santander's. Ironically, had he not reacted as he did, I would not have noticed it, but now that I have, it's very clear.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2017, 08:40:02 PM »

So long, and thanks for all the fish!
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2017, 08:54:28 PM »

Telling people to go kill themselves and then casting yourself as the victim isn't going to fly with me, sorry. In the past, mods have been banned for this exact same type of behavior. Do you really think it is okay for you to tell people to commit suicide here?

Not telling people to kill themselves shouldn't be too much to ask for.

ag was one of our best posters, unfortunately his knowledge of Russia and Mexico will be sorely missed. ag, I hope you reconsider.

-Really, it was anti-knowledge. ag was highly neurotic.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2017, 08:55:37 PM »

Who's gonna moderate the Econ board? Is it gonna just die, or can I take over?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2017, 10:25:09 PM »

This is welcome news. How ag ever advanced beyond 2004 election year troll to mod is a mystery to me.

I think poor Jerry here has come down with Aghole Syndrome. It's a condition where you first start acting like a dick, then change your avatar to I-MX, and finally, collapse under the weight of your own arrogance.
I've ignored you for a while, yet you still try and bash me, while are you so obsessed with me?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2017, 05:44:22 AM »

Yeah, I agree with Beet that I think it's curious that people are so willing to accept that piece of trash Santander for his comment, rejoicing in the death of AG's family and yet are so pearl-clutching about his reaction.

That isn't to condone references to suicide which I agree are generally inappropriate, but I suspect Santander will be able to continue to be an accepted member of the forum community.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2017, 08:32:26 AM »
« Edited: February 14, 2017, 08:34:33 AM by DavidB. »

What I consider to be curious is that some people are willing to accept Beet's explanation that this was just a temper tantrum whereas ag has engaged in similar abusive behavior time and again since Brexit, when he lost all sanity. Especially for a moderator, telling someone to go kill themselves is not acceptable behavior. This is not relative to what Santander said. His behavior is obviously bad but irrelevant in this case. It's not "more okay" if someone says nasty things. Just rebuke it or report it. But telling someone to go kill themselves is a line you just don't cross.

I must add that I find it particularly interesting that Gustaf would trivialize this, since he has firsthand experience in being at the receiving end of unpleasant remarks like that (albeit of a different type); I certainly don't recall you being as cool back then as you are now. Dismissing people's shock over ag's comments as "pearl clutching" is also a little bit cheap. I have personally dealt with cases of suicide attempts by friends and trying to keep them from doing so too often not to be abhorred by ag's behavior.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2017, 10:09:08 AM »

ag, I ask you re-consider, and if not you are welcome to our more troll free sister forum, Atlas After Dark
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2017, 10:38:48 AM »

That isn't to condone references to suicide which I agree are generally inappropriate, but I suspect Santander will be able to continue to be an accepted member of the forum community.

Santander isn't (and hopefully will never be) an accepted member of the forum community.

But since you are a mod, I'll throw the issue back at you and ask why his banning has never been seriously considered.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2017, 10:44:13 AM »

ag, I ask you re-consider, and if not you are welcome to our more troll free sister forum, Atlas After Dark
I'd like to add that I post a lot there too Smiley
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2017, 12:15:16 PM »

Santander isn't (and hopefully will never be) an accepted member of the forum community.

But since you are a mod, I'll throw the issue back at you and ask why his banning has never been seriously considered.
^^^^^^

I mean Gustaf, it's the duty of moderators to ban far right trolls like Santander
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2017, 12:16:34 PM »

^^^^^^

I mean Gustaf, it's the duty of moderators to ban far right trolls like Santander

Moderators can't ban users. They can moderate and state their case to moadmins and Dave.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2017, 12:44:19 PM »

^^^^^^

I thought I was Svensson?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2017, 03:15:15 PM »

LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2017, 03:34:12 PM »

Wtf

Santander is a hilarious and valued poster who totally doesn't deserve to be banned. He's sometimes insightful and often really funny. He is definitely accepted in the forum community, as he should
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2017, 05:53:12 PM »

Wtf

Santander is a hilarious and valued poster who totally doesn't deserve to be banned. He's sometimes insightful and often really funny. He is definitely accepted in the forum community, as he should

Agreed. WTF?

Santander is fantastic. You are not speaking on anyone's behalf with that pile of dross.

Recommending suicide to people on this forum is clearly out of line as David suggested.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2017, 08:14:34 PM »

Wtf

Remember when he kept referring to Chelsea Manning as "He" over and over again until Torie had to lock the thread? Hilarious good natured chap, we all love him.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2017, 08:35:44 PM »

Wtf

Remember when he kept referring to Chelsea Manning as "He" over and over again until Torie had to lock the thread? Hilarious good natured chap, we all love him.

No? That sounds like Extreme Republican.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2017, 09:45:41 PM »

Very few who declared "won't see any of you again" actually manages to leave for good.

"I'm gonna leave this time.....I swear it.....You'll never see me again! I'M WARNING YOU!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies