Farewell (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:51:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Farewell (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Farewell  (Read 16445 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« on: February 12, 2017, 01:45:35 PM »

Telling people to go kill themselves and then casting yourself as the victim isn't going to fly with me, sorry. In the past, mods have been banned for this exact same type of behavior. Do you really think it is okay for you to tell people to commit suicide here?

Not telling people to kill themselves shouldn't be too much to ask for.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 07:57:37 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2017, 08:00:26 PM by DavidB. »

Is it too much to ask for, for people not to call Stalin humane? I tried to be as charitable to the dude as humanly possible, but one thing he wasn't was humane. He was one of the least humane totalitarians in human history. How would we expect someone with relatives who died in the Holocaust to react of calling Hitler humane was considered acceptable?
I personally have relatives who were killed in the Holocaust and absolutely didn't agree with Santander's comments, obviously. Still no reason to tell someone to kill themselves. And it is not only Santander who read that comment. The entire forum could read it. I know there are people here who have attempted suicide. I want them to be safe. Death wishes shouldn't be acceptable on this forum. And ag is a moderator! If he thought Santander's comments were against the TOS he should have reported them.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 08:32:26 AM »
« Edited: February 14, 2017, 08:34:33 AM by DavidB. »

What I consider to be curious is that some people are willing to accept Beet's explanation that this was just a temper tantrum whereas ag has engaged in similar abusive behavior time and again since Brexit, when he lost all sanity. Especially for a moderator, telling someone to go kill themselves is not acceptable behavior. This is not relative to what Santander said. His behavior is obviously bad but irrelevant in this case. It's not "more okay" if someone says nasty things. Just rebuke it or report it. But telling someone to go kill themselves is a line you just don't cross.

I must add that I find it particularly interesting that Gustaf would trivialize this, since he has firsthand experience in being at the receiving end of unpleasant remarks like that (albeit of a different type); I certainly don't recall you being as cool back then as you are now. Dismissing people's shock over ag's comments as "pearl clutching" is also a little bit cheap. I have personally dealt with cases of suicide attempts by friends and trying to keep them from doing so too often not to be abhorred by ag's behavior.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 10:44:13 AM »

ag, I ask you re-consider, and if not you are welcome to our more troll free sister forum, Atlas After Dark
I'd like to add that I post a lot there too Smiley
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 03:37:37 AM »

Welcome back!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies