Farewell (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:40:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Farewell (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Farewell  (Read 16442 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: February 13, 2017, 07:45:06 PM »

Telling people to go kill themselves and then casting yourself as the victim isn't going to fly with me, sorry. In the past, mods have been banned for this exact same type of behavior. Do you really think it is okay for you to tell people to commit suicide here?

Not telling people to kill themselves shouldn't be too much to ask for.

Is it too much to ask for, for people not to call Stalin humane? I tried to be as charitable to the dude as humanly possible, but one thing he wasn't was humane. He was one of the least humane totalitarians in human history. How would we expect someone with relatives who died in the Holocaust to react of calling Hitler humane was considered acceptable?

ag was one of our best posters, unfortunately his knowledge of Russia and Mexico will be sorely missed. ag, I hope you reconsider.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 08:03:33 PM »

Is it too much to ask for, for people not to call Stalin humane? I tried to be as charitable to the dude as humanly possible, but one thing he wasn't was humane. He was one of the least humane totalitarians in human history. How would we expect someone with relatives who died in the Holocaust to react of calling Hitler humane was considered acceptable?
I personally have relatives who were killed in the Holocaust and absolutely didn't agree with Santander's comments, obviously. Still no reason to tell someone to kill themselves. And it is not only Santander who read that comment. The entire forum could read it. I know there are people here who have attempted suicide. I want them to be safe. Death wishes shouldn't be acceptable on this forum. And ag is a moderator! If he thought Santander's comments were against the TOS he should have reported them.

So, he lost his temper. We all lose our tempers from time to time. It proves he's a human being. And while his comment was inappropriate, so was Santander's. Ironically, had he not reacted as he did, I would not have noticed it, but now that I have, it's very clear.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies