CA-Sen: Feinstein gearing up for another run in 2018
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:59:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CA-Sen: Feinstein gearing up for another run in 2018
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: CA-Sen: Feinstein gearing up for another run in 2018  (Read 6114 times)
Fusionmunster

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 12, 2017, 06:35:13 PM »
« edited: February 12, 2017, 06:39:08 PM by Fusionmunster »

http://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/matier-ross/article/Feinstein-fundraising-machine-fires-up-for-10924860.php?t=64db5576fd&cmpid=twitter-premium

[quote]
Aspiring Senate hopefuls got some bad news the other day when Sen. Dianne Feinstein sent out invites for a “Feinstein for Senate 2018” campaign kickoff fundraiser March 18 in Bel-Air.

“We need Senator Feinstein in the Senate now more than ever,” Sim and Debra Farar, the couple who are chairing the event, wrote in an email last week to the California Democrat’s backers.

The $1,000- to $5,400-a-head brunch is being co-hosted by a group of business, tech and entertainment figures, including “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” actress Christine Adams, Hollywood studio executive Robert Daly and Kirith Prady, wife of “Big Bang Theory” executive producer Bill Prady.

A number of Democrats have been eyeing the seat amid speculation that the 83-year-old Feinstein might call it quits after her term is up. The rumor mill got cranking when Feinstein’s husband, Richard Blum, was diagnosed last year with lung cancer, and went into overdrive when Feinstein had a pacemaker installed in January.

But the senator recently signaled she’s up for running again, telling KQED-FM’s Scott Shafer: “If I can ... continue to produce, then I will continue to produce. If I believe I can’t, either by health or any other way, I won’t. But as long as I believe I can, I will.”
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 06:42:00 PM »

At least this prevents the chaos that could lead to a potential R vs. R runoff.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 06:47:17 PM »

Hint about why dems are also in such bad shape. Kick out the dinasours we need fresh blood
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 06:53:58 PM »

Boooooooooo
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 07:28:58 PM »

Ugh.

👎
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 07:33:47 PM »

omg Feinstein go away. We've had enough. The party has changed, and you refuse to change with it. Go RETIRE and ENJOY LIFE some other way, and let younger Democrats rise up - ones who better represent the party.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 08:08:52 PM »
« Edited: February 12, 2017, 08:11:31 PM by Siren »

Totally not relevant but I've watched every episode of Agents of SHIELD ever, and I only vaguely recognize who Christine Adams' character is.  Must not be a very memorable role!

Anyway, not really surprising.  Senators are some of the most selfish people on the planet.  Very few of them really care about the future of their party or giving other deserving candidates a chance to shine.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 08:11:41 PM »

There's a conspiracy theory that Feinstein was secretly involved in the Milk/Moscone assassinations, and part of me believes in it only because I hate Feinstein that much.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2017, 08:17:36 PM »

Seriously, people need to find something else to be outraged about other than incumbents running for re-election. Having new people run just for the sake of being is lame thinking, candidates have to have substance beyond being "new". If you want new people, focus on flipping GOP seats to Democratic.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2017, 08:22:22 PM »

Disgusting.

Michael Eisen (D) for Senate.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2017, 08:23:09 PM »

Seriously, people need to find something else to be outraged about other than incumbents running for re-election. Having new people run just for the sake of being is lame thinking, candidates have to have substance beyond being "new". If you want new people, focus on flipping GOP seats to Democratic.

Yeah, like California doesn't have dozens of people that would be more than qualified to hold this seat, while not holding Dinosaur Feinstein's medieval views on national security?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2017, 08:23:24 PM »

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2017, 08:25:15 PM »

Yeah, like California doesn't have dozens of people that would be more than qualified to hold this seat, while not holding Dinosaur Feinstein's medieval views on national security?

My point is that this "new blood" meme is stupid. Just being new to politics is not a good reason to be elected, some substance is necessary too.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2017, 08:27:10 PM »
« Edited: February 12, 2017, 08:29:00 PM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

My point is that this "new blood" meme is stupid. Just being new to politics is not a good reason to be elected, some substance is necessary too.

Dianne Feinstein is the 2nd worst Senator from a solid blue state after Carper, and California is more solid blue than Delaware, and most blue state Senators are still pretty bad.

Plus her husband made a killing wartime profiteering from her Iraq war vote. She's a vile disgrace.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2017, 08:27:25 PM »

Great decision from the greatest senator Cheesy
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2017, 08:37:46 PM »

It's not just about "new blood." While she is over 80 years old, and has been a Senator pretty much as long as I've been alive, her views/actions on national security are downright awful and with Trump in office we really need someone new who won't just rubber-stamp domestic surveillance programs. Frankly, she is increasingly falling out of line with where the party and California are going and should step aside.

But, with all that being said, I am still vehemently against Senators being in office that long and basically refusing to leave until they die. Unless they are really good Senators, I rarely am willing to make that exception.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2017, 09:23:01 PM »

I don't really care, but when you're a 4 term 80 year old establishment Senator who Progressives rather dislike in a state like California, you can't expect to skate through completely unscathed. I'm sure if she does end up running, no big names will challenge her, but it's not impossible to see someone who doesn't really have anything to lose, like Loretta Sanchez, to challenge her.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2017, 10:13:15 PM »

I don't really care, but when you're a 4 term 80 year old establishment Senator who Progressives rather dislike in a state like California, you can't expect to skate through completely unscathed. I'm sure if she does end up running, no big names will challenge her, but it's not impossible to see someone who doesn't really have anything to lose, like Loretta Sanchez, to challenge her.

Oh yeah, a literal blue dog, that's just what progressives are looking for.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM »

If Eisen or some other Democrat makes it to the top 2, she will lose.  If she's up against a Republican, she will win.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2017, 12:19:28 AM »

Dianne Feinstein is the 2nd worst Senator from a solid blue state after Carper, and California is more solid blue than Delaware, and most blue state Senators are still pretty bad.

Plus her husband made a killing wartime profiteering from her Iraq war vote. She's a vile disgrace.

How is Tom Carper an awful senator? He seems like a good guy.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2017, 12:31:34 AM »

Oh yeah, a literal blue dog, that's just what progressives are looking for.

The two points in my post were unrelated.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2017, 12:32:48 AM »

To jfern, everyone not named Bernie Sanders is evil.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2017, 12:36:21 AM »

He opposed raising the minimum wage to $10.10 in 2014.
He opposed Obama's job creation bill in 2011, saying he preferred austerity.
He supported weakening consumer banking regulations in 2010.
He supports weakening bankruptcy protections and class action lawsuits.
He wanted to give the president the power to take over the Internet.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2017, 01:36:38 AM »

To jfern, everyone not named Bernie Sanders is evil.

Even if I was happy with the majority of the blue state Senators, which I absolutely am not, I'd still hate Feinstein.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2017, 02:17:41 AM »

She'll win easily.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies