Democrats/Dem leaners who live in California are throwing away their vote. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:44:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Democrats/Dem leaners who live in California are throwing away their vote. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats/Dem leaners who live in California are throwing away their vote.  (Read 907 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: February 13, 2017, 10:58:17 AM »

I am sick and tired of California. Clinton won California by 4.25 million votes. If just 19% of those people moved to Texas, she would have won the EC and the election. If just 5% of those people moved to Arizona and Florida, she would have won the EC and the election. If just 2% of those people moved to Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin, she would have won the EC and the election. But no. Where do they live instead? California.

California is objectively a terrible place to live. It's a terrible place to live if you're anyone with middle or lower income. It's a terrible place to live if you're Hispanic. It's a terrible place to live for anyone who dislikes income inequality. The homeless problem is disgusting. You guys let yourselves get trolled by Milo. Your infrastructure sucks. You have the highest tax rate in the whole country. You have the highest gas prices in the lower 48. You have the worst traffic. Your budget deficit is back. In conclusion, I feel sorry for people who live in this terrible, terrible state.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 01:45:05 PM »

California's presidential primaries are always dead last, too. So if you're someone like jfern who cares more about primaries, you're still screwed over. Have I mentioned you guys are due for a big earthquake?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 04:16:40 PM »

What's funny is that Beet seems to be implying or admitting(?) that Democratic policies totally fail a state. But he wants the same people who "destroyed" California to move to red states and do the same to them. So yeah, the only thing he cares about is power and winning elections, in which case it is appropriate to say...

California government is constrained by a lot of absurd propositions from the Reagan years. On the other hand the environmental lobby is too strong and allows no construction. These are issues I am not particularly partisan about.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies