SB 2017-056 - Amendment to Article 1, Section 4 of the Constitution (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:28:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 2017-056 - Amendment to Article 1, Section 4 of the Constitution (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 2017-056 - Amendment to Article 1, Section 4 of the Constitution (Failed)  (Read 2493 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: February 14, 2017, 10:50:18 PM »

(language other than English is difficult to enforce, what if someone has a username in Spanish or German with specific characters)

That is an excellent point. Someone could have a username such that casting a vote in another language is inevitable. I think Clyde's amendment should cover this, since a candidate's username will be clearly recognizable without the use of a translator.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 06:25:08 PM »

I second the call.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 12:15:42 PM »

Interesting point. So could we just fix this by changing "account" to "registration" in the section that cinyc quoted?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 03:17:34 PM »

Nay
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 03:40:34 PM »

So we vote nay so that the house can add Clyde's amendment? Is that how this works?

I think so, although if anyone has an alternate interpretation I'm open to hearing it.
Well,
As I proposed new rules for both the senate and the House (that the House chose to pass btw) and that I made many changes to the current senate rules, if you want to send back something to the House, you should add your amendment, and then the other chamber will choose to adopt it or not.
-Basically, 3 scenarios:
1)  if a chamber adopts something then the other chamber chooses to adopt this too: it goes to the president's desk.
2) if a chamber adopts something then the other chamber chooses to reject it: end of the story for the bill.
3) if a chamber adopts something then the other chamber adopts something different from the original bill: it goes back on the floor on the first chamber etc etc until both chambers agree on something similar where then it goes to the president desk.

When you note that the House chose to pass it, do you mean that the Senate never passed it? Or do you mean rather that it is in effect now and we actually need to not kill this?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 11:48:12 AM »

*sigh*
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies