SB 2017-056 - Amendment to Article 1, Section 4 of the Constitution (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:32:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 2017-056 - Amendment to Article 1, Section 4 of the Constitution (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 2017-056 - Amendment to Article 1, Section 4 of the Constitution (Failed)  (Read 2463 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« on: February 23, 2017, 11:16:23 PM »
« edited: February 24, 2017, 12:56:45 AM by cinyc »

Before you do so, there's a hole in the proposal - or, at least, an ambiguity.  "Except in regards to persons whose account is fewer than 168 hours old" seems to only apply to ACCOUNTS who are less than 168 hours old, not people who registered  less than 168 hours before the election.  So, in theory, under the proposal as drafted, someone can create multiple socks - or invite regular forum members to register and vote in Atlasian elections - more than 7 days out and register just before, or even after the election starts to throw an election into chaos.  Didn't we always mean for the exclusion to also apply to persons who have registered less than 168 hours before the election, not just those whose account is 168 hours old?

This plays into my upcoming lawsuit to enjoin the North//Lincoln's Voter Integrity Amendment.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 04:16:35 PM »

I always considered the minimum residency rule to be a "requirement for activity" (i.e. the poster must be an active citizen for a set period of time to be eligible to vote).

Even if that's true (and I beg to differ), the proposed amendment changes "requirement for activity" to "failing to meet such requirements for frequent posting as may be established by law".  So something needs to be changed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies