CO-Gov
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:37:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CO-Gov
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: CO-Gov  (Read 4257 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2017, 07:37:29 PM »

His relative youth is tempting, but I still prefer Perlmutter.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2017, 08:31:50 PM »

Polis is an embarrassing rich guy who has under-performed every race he's run in. Pass.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2017, 12:02:39 PM »

Polis is an embarrassing rich guy who has under-performed every race he's run in. Pass.

Yeah this article is a puff-piece, and coming from a conservative paper it makes me think that the Gazette owners are trying to push a competitive primary to try and hobble the one Democrat they can't beat fair and square--Perlmutter.

They talk about Jared over performing in a "competitive district," which is simply not true. CO-2 is a D+9 district with two college towns as its main population hubs.

Polis is the worst of neoliberal Democrats, voting for offshore tax havens that he himself probably benefits from. Polis is the worst of pro-Israel Democrats, voting to ban Syrian refugees. He votes like he represents Highlands Ranch when he represents Boulder. And now, I'm sure, he's going to try and brand himself as the progressive alternative to Perlmutter. I hope voters see through his BS just like they'll see through Johnston's.

Finally, if Polis wins somehow, this race moves from Likely D to Tossup (or even Lean R) immediately. He's a PR consultant (which incidentally is what I do in CO) nightmare. He is gay, but dresses and looks like a bachelor HS math teacher. He is a leftwing bomb thrower, but actually very neoliberal in his positions. He is a millionaire who mostly inherited his wealth. He represents one of the most educated counties in the nation, and has trouble articulating even basic ideas. If any of you live in Colorado, I beseech you do not nominate this guy.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2017, 11:23:20 AM »

I thought that Jared Polis built up most of his wealth. From what I've learned about him, he's eccentric.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2017, 10:53:30 AM »

I thought that Jared Polis built up most of his wealth. From what I've learned about him, he's eccentric.
It's complicated. Polis' wealth comes from the dot-com boom, and he co-founded a website with his parents and sold it for a lot of money. (Parents had a greeting card company, Polis figured out e-cards in college.) He then went on to do his own business with ProFlowers.

Polis might be fairly neo-liberal (one of the few detractors of SOPA and PIPA doesn't read as that neo-liberal to me), but he's a relatable guy. (Who really only underperformed in 2010. Hmm.) Also way more likely to run for Senate than Governor, from what I've heard.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies