CO-Gov (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:35:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CO-Gov (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO-Gov  (Read 4272 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« on: February 14, 2017, 12:34:52 PM »

For some reason, Colorado makes me the saddest of states moving away from Republicans.  I want the GOP to absolutely own the Mountain West, which is an absolutely awesome region that manages to carry its conservatism in a very classy way.

While I can certainly appreciate this sentiment, there should be left-leaning states in all regions as well, so that people who hold political ideology as an important anchor can live throughout the country, like IL in the Midwest and VA in the South.

In any case, the sharp turn of CO is not only due to demographic shifts, but also the GOP going haywire at the worst possible time.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 12:46:52 PM »

I like the fact that Colorado votes for my party so I can't blame Republicans for wanting that too.

Anyway, the gubernatorial election should be competitive, right?

With Trump poisoning the GOP brand, maybe not.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 05:39:04 PM »

Guessing he's a top recruit?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 07:07:32 PM »

After twelve years of Democratic gubernatorial rule, Colorado should go Republican in 2018 despite it being a Trump midterm election. We'll see. The Democrats should take Florida back after 20 years. We'll see.

That's not how it works in statewide elections--take FL that you just referenced, for instance.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 01:35:00 PM »

The top recruit. Unless John Elway magically decides not to be a Republican anymore and decides to run for office finally, there's nobody better then Perlmutter

Good news for CO.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies