CO-Gov (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:08:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CO-Gov (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO-Gov  (Read 4274 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« on: February 23, 2017, 09:46:54 PM »

For some reason, Colorado makes me the saddest of states moving away from Republicans.  I want the GOP to absolutely own the Mountain West, which is an absolutely awesome region that manages to carry its conservatism in a very classy way.

The Colorado that voted for Bob Dole is long gone, unfortunately.
Sad. Many children of those Dole voters are liberals. And remember, Dole's win wasn't even that impressive, his margin of victory was smaller than Nader's performance.

I like the fact that Colorado votes for my party so I can't blame Republicans for wanting that too.

Anyway, the gubernatorial election should be competitive, right?

With Trump poisoning the GOP brand, maybe not.

I think Colorado Republicans should absolutely start to portray Rocky Mountain Republicans as "different" in the same way that WV Democrats or MA Republicans do.
That's not a bad idea. They could be more socially moderate, and more sportsman/outdoors oriented. It works pretty well for WV Democrats, and MA Republicans (in governor elections).

Yeah, I have never understood why this isn't much more associated with conservatism ... the rugged outdoorsmen who is self-reliant and weary of government seems like the epitome of Western conservatism ... really a shame that hippies came to be associated with environmentalism and conservation.

Kind of hard to be the party of outdoorsmen when you're the party whose first move this year was to let coal companies pollute rivers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies