Is this the beginning of the end of the Trump administration?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:11:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is this the beginning of the end of the Trump administration?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: -skip-
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 82

Author Topic: Is this the beginning of the end of the Trump administration?  (Read 4138 times)
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2017, 11:20:35 PM »

"Will Trump be president at year-end 2017" is down to 74% on PredictIt. "Will the next president be impeached in the first 100 days?" is at 12%.

Impeached in the first 100 days was at 19% an hour ago.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2017, 11:24:19 PM »

"Will Trump be president at year-end 2017" is down to 74% on PredictIt. "Will the next president be impeached in the first 100 days?" is at 12%.

The only way I see Trump not being President on January 1, 2018 is if he has a health issue.  While there is a slight chance of that, after all he may suffer a cerebral hemorrhage after being hit in the head by a golf ball while on the links, no way it's that high a chance.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2017, 12:41:52 AM »

I'll give 85% odds that Trump is President the remainder of the term.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2017, 12:45:04 AM »

No, because it's hard to think of a scenario in which a significant number of Republicans would actually get behind the idea of impeaching him.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2017, 02:07:30 AM »

Nope. I'm not even sure there are 40 votes to impeach him in the Senate, let alone the 67 you need to do it.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2017, 05:30:45 AM »

Well, if Steve Bannon comes to the conclusion that they have to found a Nixon-style group of White House Plumbers to contain the leaks and if those plumbers are starting to wiretap the offices of the New York Times to find out who the White House leakers are then we may have sufficient reasons for impeachment.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2017, 06:05:10 AM »

No. This will take years to play out, rather than 4 weeks or even several months. Trump will stabilize in a while and that will keep him above water for a year or so, I think. I think however the other shoe drops and then the real music starts where Trump meets his downfall.

The real question is when President Trump will recognize how poor a job he is doing. Who knows -- he might go to the mirror and say

YOU'RE FIRED!
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2017, 06:09:38 AM »

^^this.

The guy is teflon. He knows that Republicans in Congress won't pursue hearings and investigations because they're afraid of Trump calling it out on them on Twitter and then all of the Trump cultists will start attacking. You're either with Trump or against him and, despite how at one point in a time there were Republicans going against him, they've now been castrated and have decided to protect Trump to protect their own seats.

Plus, the low-info American public has already made it abundantly clear that they don't care what Trump does since he's not a Clinton (just as long as he doesn't delete emails). 
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2017, 07:13:42 AM »

No, the establishment will have a sit down with him and appoint some nanny to the white house. Not sure why would anyone want president Pence sworn in either...
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2017, 07:31:10 AM »

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2017, 09:43:42 AM »

~Six months from now, will there be any Democratic Senators calling on Trump to resign, and who will they be?
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2017, 09:58:57 AM »

Like I said, it's way too early to say he's finished but he is on a one way road to getting there. The honeymoon will be over soon and, if this was the honeymoon, the marriage will go downhill fast.
elcorazon

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2017, 11:55:06 AM »

~Six months from now, will there be any Democratic Senators calling on Trump to resign, and who will they be?

I think you left out the word "not" here.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2017, 12:20:59 PM »

I think people are getting ahead of themselves here.  Right now, AFAIK, no prominent Democrats are calling on Trump to resign.  They're calling for an investigation.  "Investigation" can last for months/years, so it's not clear to me how far things will have actually advanced by the fall of this year.
elcorazon

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2017, 01:23:51 PM »

I think people are getting ahead of themselves here.  Right now, AFAIK, no prominent Democrats are calling on Trump to resign.  They're calling for an investigation.  "Investigation" can last for months/years, so it's not clear to me how far things will have actually advanced by the fall of this year.

Things move quickly in the Trump era
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2017, 04:19:59 PM »

Including the markets..........The Dow closed at another all time high. 
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2017, 04:37:03 PM »

See also explosions, cave-ins, collapses, flash floods, tornadoes, and earthquakes.

The VP is now connected.

Bad as Trump is, I would be satisfied with a Romney/Hagel Presidency about now. I am a very partisan Democrat, but I am more concerned with the Presidency being a worthy quest in 2020 than with the partisan identity of the President.Just promise to redo the 2016 election while doing the 2018 election (Trump and Pence disqualified, of course).
elcorazon

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2017, 05:00:17 PM »

maybe all the scandals are making investors confident that Trump won't be there long
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2017, 05:05:49 PM »

2 scalps in 2 days. Congrats Dems.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2017, 05:06:01 PM »
« Edited: February 15, 2017, 05:09:07 PM by Special Boy »

I think people are getting ahead of themselves here.  Right now, AFAIK, no prominent Democrats are calling on Trump to resign.  They're calling for an investigation.  "Investigation" can last for months/years, so it's not clear to me how far things will have actually advanced by the fall of this year.

maybe all the scandals are making investors confident that Trump won't be there long

Someone always makes money when people are being dumb. Maybe I will. All I know is that because there isnt really a jumo in productivity, this is going to suck when in pops.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2017, 06:07:31 PM »

Ooh, those wicked Dems, abusing their majorities and committee chair positions to wreck poor Trumpy-kins carefully-plotted and brilliantly steered administration so early in its voyage.

/snark

This was entirely self-inflicted. These are Trump's picks.

Did the naughty Dems force Flynn to phone Kislyak? (Who did order Flynn to phone the Russian Ambassador?)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2017, 06:30:14 PM »

I think if you put all the democratic senators into a hypnotic trance, and forced them to give an answer on whether they think Trump should resign, about a third would say yes.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2017, 07:10:41 PM »

The real question is when President Trump will recognize how poor a job he is doing.

Assuming that he's ever done such a thing at any point in his life, or that he's even capable of it. I've seen absolutely no reason to believe either of these things.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2017, 07:14:49 PM »

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2017, 12:42:40 AM »

The real question is when President Trump will recognize how poor a job he is doing.

Assuming that he's ever done such a thing at any point in his life, or that he's even capable of it. I've seen absolutely no reason to believe either of these things.

The thing is, Trump has no reason to realize he's doing a poor job because the job he's doing isn't the one that pays $400,000/year.  His job is to be a perpetual showman, and he's doing reasonably well at that.  He's just not paying much attention to his hobby of being President of the United States.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies