Reuters: Seattle DREAMer Arrested for Deportation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:27:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Reuters: Seattle DREAMer Arrested for Deportation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Reuters: Seattle DREAMer Arrested for Deportation  (Read 3542 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2017, 08:52:34 PM »

Ignore the edgy c*nt people
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2017, 09:04:00 PM »

krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2017, 10:43:34 PM »

Yawn. It wasn't my idea to give illegals access to the government education industry complex.

The real reason your failing political party wants to keep the illegals around is so that you can grant them amnesty, have them vote for your candidates, and then maybe you can win elections for a change.

If you really want to stop the illegal invaders like this one, you could build the wall plus have ICE  deportation squads nip the 'problem' in the bud rather than let it linger for (from this fact pattern) 13+ years. Obviously that doesn't align with your political goals. Sad!

Just because they are illegal aliens brought here as children does not mean that it isn't wise, proper, and moral to teach them so that they can act like responsible citizens.

Deport meth heads instead.

What is this? By definition, illegal aliens cannot be citizens, no matter how much you want their votes!

Out of curiosity, what type of concessions are you willing to offer to reduce deportations of the illegals? Perhaps the white liberals will stop behaving very, very badly after being routed in the elections, and support tax cuts?

And where should we send the meth heads?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2017, 10:47:12 PM »

Stop 👏 giving 👏  attention 👏 to 👏 racist 👏 trolls 👏

Can be actually listen to this poster? Thanks.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2017, 10:57:52 PM »

Throwing people who grew up and spent most of their lives here out of the country is morally indefensible. Justifying this is a gateway to justifying much worse things, actually, so consider that.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2017, 10:59:11 PM »

What a sad and unfortunate state of affairs in which this country finds itself. So much for the Christian values of compassion, mercy, loving thy neighbor as thyself, helping strangers, and doing good work for the poor and downtrodden. Nothing else matters when it comes to the preservation of White privilege and power in this country. Our entire history has been marked by endless series of battles between the dominant "White" racial group in this country and the disadvantaged, scapegoated, and dehumanized minorities of countless backgrounds whose labor and spirit have truly built this country.

Deporting a DREAMer, a person who was brought here as a child and raised in this country, the only country he has ever known, where all his friends and memories are, is inhumane and the mark of a savage society. Any excuse or rationalization is simply this: an attempt at justifying White power and privilege. Claims of "Democrats just want votes" is merely a sign that they can't comprehend anyone treating a minority as something other than a dehumanized statistic, rather than humans of equal value and dignity as any White American.
hopper
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2017, 12:47:58 AM »

Let the kids stay. Parents went at their own risk, Children shouldn't be punished.
This is probably the one time I will agree with a Democrat from Minnesota on something.
hopper
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2017, 12:56:54 AM »

What a sad and unfortunate state of affairs in which this country finds itself. So much for the Christian values of compassion, mercy, loving thy neighbor as thyself, helping strangers, and doing good work for the poor and downtrodden. Nothing else matters when it comes to the preservation of White privilege and power in this country. Our entire history has been marked by endless series of battles between the dominant "White" racial group in this country and the disadvantaged, scapegoated, and dehumanized minorities of countless backgrounds whose labor and spirit have truly built this country.

Deporting a DREAMer, a person who was brought here as a child and raised in this country, the only country he has ever known, where all his friends and memories are, is inhumane and the mark of a savage society. Any excuse or rationalization is simply this: an attempt at justifying White power and privilege. Claims of "Democrats just want votes" is merely a sign that they can't comprehend anyone treating a minority as something other than a dehumanized statistic, rather than humans of equal value and dignity as any White American.
Its not about White Privilege since some Hispanics are white. It has everything to do with what I put in bold though. I don't know about the savage society though.
hopper
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2017, 12:58:05 AM »

He was also registered under DACA.

Unless Trump acts soon to stop deportation, then I think we can say DACA is dead.
I think people are still signing up for DACA though.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2017, 01:05:28 AM »

Unless Trump acts soon to stop deportation, then I think we can say DACA is dead.
A registry that the Trump administration could use to track them down.
hopper
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2017, 01:07:34 AM »

It doesn't surprise me how people who belong to a vastly white party who lost the popular vote in 6 of the last 7 elections and can't get more than 30% of the overall minority vote.

Yes, let's just deport the kids who had no choice but to come here, probably don't speak the language of their parents' country, and spent the vast majority of their life here. Why are right-wing white people so afraid of us brown folk? Do little kids scare you? Cause your President apparently thinks babies are such a huge threat.

If DREAMer's pay taxes, join the military or what ever, and are non-criminals they should be given a chance at citizenship.

I mean, if you want to waste billions of dollars and resources to deport children....be my guest...

LOL fiscal conservatism, I'm immensely glad I left the ignorant GOP.
The popular vote doesn't decide Presidential Elections.

I don't know why Democrats have to make things overly about race like White People are scared of brown skinned people.

I do agree with you about immigration reform like if Illegal Immigrants pay back taxes, learn English, and pay a fine they can recieve citizenship or a long term visa that way.
hopper
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2017, 01:08:52 AM »

A registry that the Trump administration could use to track them down.
True, but 75% of the people that were deported recently were criminal illegal immigrants.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2017, 12:00:49 AM »

Good to see that krazen continues to be a proud piece of sh**t.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2017, 09:01:25 AM »

It doesn't surprise me how people who belong to a vastly white party who lost the popular vote in 6 of the last 7 elections and can't get more than 30% of the overall minority vote.

Yes, let's just deport the kids who had no choice but to come here, probably don't speak the language of their parents' country, and spent the vast majority of their life here. Why are right-wing white people so afraid of us brown folk? Do little kids scare you? Cause your President apparently thinks babies are such a huge threat.

If DREAMer's pay taxes, join the military or what ever, and are non-criminals they should be given a chance at citizenship.

I mean, if you want to waste billions of dollars and resources to deport children....be my guest...

LOL fiscal conservatism, I'm immensely glad I left the ignorant GOP.
The popular vote doesn't decide Presidential Elections.

I don't know why Democrats have to make things overly about race like White People are scared of brown skinned people.

Hate to admit it, but you're probably right in this respect. Don't really understand the democratic strategy here - one typically cannot win elections if you are viewed as hectoring the electorate.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2017, 12:39:14 PM »

Human decency has become a partisan issue.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2017, 02:45:38 PM »

House Dems were blocked from attending a meeting with ICE Director. Dems tried to schedule their own meeting, ICE cancelled.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2017, 03:11:44 PM »

Great news!

If the liberals are so upset, they can cut a deal.

Picture this:

Your parents crossed the border illegally with you, their 5 year old son, in order to make a better life in America. They both found jobs and worked hard to support themselves and their beautiful son. They enrolled you in a public elementary school and you went through the entire American public education system, got a job, and worked hard to put yourself through your local community college. You made many friends along the way, lived most your life in America, and met the love of your life. You're now about to settle down with your high school sweetheart.

There's a knock at your door.

GREAT NEWS! ICE puts you in handcuffs and ships you off to some detainment facility. They're planning on deporting you back to Mexico. A country that's completely foreign to you.

With teachers unions artificially boosting the price of our extremely expensive government education industry complex, that person is walking out with $150k or so in his head.

Teachers are actually some of the most underpaid people in this country you dumba**
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2017, 03:18:13 PM »

Great news!

Picture this:

Your parents crossed the border illegally with you, their 5 year old son, in order to make a better life in America. They both found jobs and worked hard to support themselves and their beautiful son. They enrolled you in a public elementary school and you went through the entire American public education system, got a job, and worked hard to put yourself through your local community college. You made many friends along the way, lived most your life in America, and met the love of your life. You're now about to settle down with your high school sweetheart.

GREAT NEWS! ICE puts you in handcuffs and ships you off to some detainment facility. They're planning on deporting you back to Mexico. A country that's completely foreign to you.

With teachers unions artificially boosting the price of our extremely expensive government education industry complex, that person is walking out with $150k or so in his head.

Teachers are actually some of the most underpaid people in this country you dumba**

Teachers make twice the median national income. They do this working 2 months less than every other profession.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2017, 04:15:54 PM »

Great news!

Picture this:

Teachers make twice the median national income. They do this working 2 months less than every other profession.

And the work they do is absolutely essential to a functioning society, so what's your point?
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2017, 04:26:25 PM »

Great news!

Picture this:

And the work they do is absolutely essential to a functioning society, so what's your point?

-Is it really? I doubt it.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2017, 04:32:01 PM »

Great news!

Picture this:

Some of the work they do, certainly. All of it? A rather more dubious belief.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2017, 05:01:43 PM »

Great news!

Picture this:

That's hardly true for most teachers.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2017, 05:02:37 PM »

Great news!

Picture this:

w
t
f
did I just read
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2017, 05:32:33 PM »

Complete madness.

The government education industry complex has grown like a virus. Government education industry complex staffing is almost quadruple what it was during the Kennedy Administration.

They are stealing billions of dollars!

That's not true.  A lot of schools are actually understaffed with most of the personnel working part-time.  I will agree that some school principles make a s***-load of money (in most states the person with the highest income is a university president), but for most teachers, the income they make is barely enough to get by.
Rjjr77
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2017, 05:35:05 PM »

Complete madness.

The government education industry complex has grown like a virus. Government education industry complex staffing is almost quadruple what it was during the Kennedy Administration.

They are stealing billions of dollars!

That's not true.  A lot of schools are actually understaffed with most of the personnel working part-time.  I will agree that some school principles make a s***-load of money (in most states the person with the highest income is a university president), but for most teachers, the income they make is barely enough to get by.

Ehh.. This is not true. Many new teachers make lower wages, but it is still usually an entry level salary on par with others entry level salaries. Full time teachers tend to make a pretty good wage, one often much higher than the median income for their state
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies