Reuters: Seattle DREAMer Arrested for Deportation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:58:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Reuters: Seattle DREAMer Arrested for Deportation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reuters: Seattle DREAMer Arrested for Deportation  (Read 3621 times)
hopper
United States

« on: February 15, 2017, 12:47:58 AM »

Let the kids stay. Parents went at their own risk, Children shouldn't be punished.
This is probably the one time I will agree with a Democrat from Minnesota on something.
hopper
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 12:56:54 AM »

What a sad and unfortunate state of affairs in which this country finds itself. So much for the Christian values of compassion, mercy, loving thy neighbor as thyself, helping strangers, and doing good work for the poor and downtrodden. Nothing else matters when it comes to the preservation of White privilege and power in this country. Our entire history has been marked by endless series of battles between the dominant "White" racial group in this country and the disadvantaged, scapegoated, and dehumanized minorities of countless backgrounds whose labor and spirit have truly built this country.

Deporting a DREAMer, a person who was brought here as a child and raised in this country, the only country he has ever known, where all his friends and memories are, is inhumane and the mark of a savage society. Any excuse or rationalization is simply this: an attempt at justifying White power and privilege. Claims of "Democrats just want votes" is merely a sign that they can't comprehend anyone treating a minority as something other than a dehumanized statistic, rather than humans of equal value and dignity as any White American.
Its not about White Privilege since some Hispanics are white. It has everything to do with what I put in bold though. I don't know about the savage society though.
hopper
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 12:58:05 AM »

He was also registered under DACA.

Unless Trump acts soon to stop deportation, then I think we can say DACA is dead.
I think people are still signing up for DACA though.
hopper
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 01:07:34 AM »

It doesn't surprise me how people who belong to a vastly white party who lost the popular vote in 6 of the last 7 elections and can't get more than 30% of the overall minority vote.

Yes, let's just deport the kids who had no choice but to come here, probably don't speak the language of their parents' country, and spent the vast majority of their life here. Why are right-wing white people so afraid of us brown folk? Do little kids scare you? Cause your President apparently thinks babies are such a huge threat.

If DREAMer's pay taxes, join the military or what ever, and are non-criminals they should be given a chance at citizenship.

I mean, if you want to waste billions of dollars and resources to deport children....be my guest...

LOL fiscal conservatism, I'm immensely glad I left the ignorant GOP.
The popular vote doesn't decide Presidential Elections.

I don't know why Democrats have to make things overly about race like White People are scared of brown skinned people.

I do agree with you about immigration reform like if Illegal Immigrants pay back taxes, learn English, and pay a fine they can recieve citizenship or a long term visa that way.
hopper
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 01:08:52 AM »

He was also registered under DACA.

Unless Trump acts soon to stop deportation, then I think we can say DACA is dead.
I think people are still signing up for DACA though.
A registry that the Trump administration could use to track them down.
True, but 75% of the people that were deported recently were criminal illegal immigrants.
hopper
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 11:53:36 PM »

Remember when all the Atlas Democrats started sneering at us that he'd break all of his promises after the election? They've been wrong once again. The more they predict bad things for us, the better things become.

-Trump has not yet rescinded DACA.
He will. You can't just rescind something overnight. I've always wondered why Republicans voted 56 times for Obama to veto their own repeal bill. The worst thing that has happened to the Republican base is their impatience. Thanks to Obama's inclination for the pen and the phone along with Nancy Pelosi's hard-charging leadership style as Speaker, Obama got a lot of stuff done in a short amount of time.

Trump's plans needs to last. He can't repeal DACA by executive order only for the next Democrat President to reinstate it as easily as he destroyed it. This needs to be done through legislation and enshrined in the law.
If we still have DACA by the time Trump leaves office something is seriously wrong. DACA is not a way to run a countries immigration system long term. Trump hasn't destroyed DACA at all.
hopper
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 07:24:58 PM »

Remember when all the Atlas Democrats started sneering at us that he'd break all of his promises after the election? They've been wrong once again. The more they predict bad things for us, the better things become.

-Trump has not yet rescinded DACA.
He will. You can't just rescind something overnight. I've always wondered why Republicans voted 56 times for Obama to veto their own repeal bill. The worst thing that has happened to the Republican base is their impatience. Thanks to Obama's inclination for the pen and the phone along with Nancy Pelosi's hard-charging leadership style as Speaker, Obama got a lot of stuff done in a short amount of time.

Trump's plans needs to last. He can't repeal DACA by executive order only for the next Democrat President to reinstate it as easily as he destroyed it. This needs to be done through legislation and enshrined in the law.
If we still have DACA by the time Trump leaves office something is seriously wrong. DACA is not a way to run a countries immigration system long term. Trump hasn't destroyed DACA at all.

I'll grant that DACA is a bandage, but even if we fix the system to make it less likely there will be future Dreamers, that doesn't really affect what we should do with people who grew up here in the US and are acculturated as Americans.
I'm sure we will have future Dreamers since you can't catch 100% of the people crossing the border but people overstaying their visas should have never happened. In my opinion Bill Clinton or George W. Bush should have started e-verify when the US added 8 million illegal immigrants during the 1995-2007 time period. Illegal Immigration was not Obama's fault but the 2 presidents that preceded him fault.

I di agree though kids of illegal immigrant parents we should find a way to grant them a path to citizenship. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies