Possible All-Time Worst Political Cartoon?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:37:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Possible All-Time Worst Political Cartoon?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Possible All-Time Worst Political Cartoon?  (Read 2665 times)
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2017, 11:57:33 PM »

-Red Panels is awesome (though could be more so!).
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2017, 12:00:42 AM »

Ben Garrison going from "Extreme white supremacist fringe cartoonist" to "The source of half of your conservative uncle's Facebook posts" says everything you need to know about where the right is heading.

-Garrison was never exactly a "white supremacist fringe cartoonist", though it's pretty clear he's no friend of Islam. He was victim of a mass 4chan trolling campaign artfully re-doing his drawings to emphasize a more white supremacist message, and started off as quite libertarian.

Also, that Ben Garrison cartoon is quite solid.

I'd suggest looking at David Horsey's stuff for left-wing hackery, as well as more cringe-worthy ones from McCoy and Ramirez for right-wing hackery.

How the hell can you defend this horrible cartoon as solid? It's basic racism.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2017, 12:08:49 AM »

Ben Garrison going from "Extreme white supremacist fringe cartoonist" to "The source of half of your conservative uncle's Facebook posts" says everything you need to know about where the right is heading.

-Garrison was never exactly a "white supremacist fringe cartoonist", though it's pretty clear he's no friend of Islam. He was victim of a mass 4chan trolling campaign artfully re-doing his drawings to emphasize a more white supremacist message, and started off as quite libertarian.

Also, that Ben Garrison cartoon is quite solid.

I'd suggest looking at David Horsey's stuff for left-wing hackery, as well as more cringe-worthy ones from McCoy and Ramirez for right-wing hackery.

How the hell can you defend this horrible cartoon as solid? It's basic racism.

-There are legitimately beautiful Black women and legitimately ugly White ones. Neither Melania nor Michelle fit in either of those categories.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2017, 12:53:19 AM »

-There are legitimately beautiful Black women and legitimately ugly White ones. Neither Melania nor Michelle fit in either of those categories.

There are? I learn something every day, dude.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2017, 02:36:27 AM »

Eharding's comments here make me want to say really misogynistic things about Melania.  But I guess I'll hold off, for now.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2017, 02:42:49 AM »

Eharding's comments here make me want to say really misogynistic things about Melania.  But I guess I'll hold off, for now.

Every Eharding post makes me want to say something I probably shouldn't.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2017, 03:18:45 AM »

Why would it make you want to say misogynistic things about Melanie? She doesn't have anything to do with Eharding's nonsensical comments; that's all on him.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2017, 03:52:33 AM »

I've always noticed that contemporary American cartoons are really lazily drawn and structured. In fact, despite Garrison's idiotic views, his creepy fixation with green haired women and label fetish he's probably better than your average cartoonist nowadays, who normally relies heavily on tedious tropes like the donkey/elephant anthro, the wisecracking child/vet who TOTES PWN their opponents views and other such tedious stuff.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2017, 04:01:24 AM »

Why would it make you want to say misogynistic things about Melanie? She doesn't have anything to do with Eharding's nonsensical comments; that's all on him.

I mostly wanted to say something about certain things Melania's done in her career that eight years ago would never have met right-wingers' standards for 'class' - phrased less diplomatically.  But I'm sure Eharding never had any regard for class so it would be a moot point anyway.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies