Opinion of the Party for Japanese Kokoro
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:31:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the Party for Japanese Kokoro
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question:  君の日本のこころを大切にする党について私見では何ですか?
怖い!

気持ち悪い。。。

I don't speak Japanese and don't feel like using Google Translate

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Opinion of the Party for Japanese Kokoro  (Read 1605 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 14, 2017, 09:07:17 PM »

its your choose
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 09:31:40 PM »

HP
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 09:41:16 PM »

I had no idea you could find a specific Japanese translation for "creepy". I'm not even sure what word I'd use in French or Italian.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 02:03:01 PM »

I'm hoping to update the wiki page for the House of Councillors, and it's not clear: are they a member of the LDP-Komeito coalition or not?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 02:17:09 PM »

I'm hoping to update the wiki page for the House of Councillors, and it's not clear: are they a member of the LDP-Komeito coalition or not?

I don't know is common, but I was watching a far-right Japanese youtuber who seemed to despise Komeito, which she referred to as a Chinese puppet party that cons its religious voter bank into bringing a permanent voice of the Chinese regime into the Japanese government.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 10:55:23 PM »

They are not. CrabCake's YouTuber isn't as atypical as one might hope.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 12:31:09 PM »

I had no idea you could find a specific Japanese translation for "creepy". I'm not even sure what word I'd use in French or Italian.
French: I would use "effrayant" or "terrifiant".
Italian: "inquietante" or "raccapricciante"
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 01:29:54 PM »

The party was called "日本のこころを大切にする党" or "Party that values ​​Japan's Heart(Kokoro)" but was renamed "日本のこころ" or "Japan's Heart (Kokoro)" back in Feb 2017 .  Its official English name which was "The Party for Japanese Kokoro" (PJK) stayed the same.   

In Jan 2017 PJK formed a common caucus with LDP in the diet but is not part of the LDP-KP coalition.  PJK has the goal of breaking the LDP-KP alliance and replacing KP as the LDP ally.

PJK has very little support and is unlikely to grow anytime soon in Japan.  I personally like some of PJK's agenda and can see myself supporting them if I were Japanese and living in Japan.  PJK is very negative on China and the Chinese just like the Chinese nationalist Far Right which I am a part of is very negative on Japan.  This set of facts has always been an area of sadness and disappointment for me.  I always felt that us on the Nationalist Far Right in the Orient should find ways to find common ground and collaborate where possible.   
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 03:16:24 PM »

The party was called "日本のこころを大切にする党" or "Party that values ​​Japan's Heart(Kokoro)" but was renamed "日本のこころ" or "Japan's Heart (Kokoro)" back in Feb 2017 .  Its official English name which was "The Party for Japanese Kokoro" (PJK) stayed the same.   

In Jan 2017 PJK formed a common caucus with LDP in the diet but is not part of the LDP-KP coalition.  PJK has the goal of breaking the LDP-KP alliance and replacing KP as the LDP ally.

PJK has very little support and is unlikely to grow anytime soon in Japan.  I personally like some of PJK's agenda and can see myself supporting them if I were Japanese and living in Japan.  PJK is very negative on China and the Chinese just like the Chinese nationalist Far Right which I am a part of is very negative on Japan.  This set of facts has always been an area of sadness and disappointment for me.  I always felt that us on the Nationalist Far Right in the Orient should find ways to find common ground and collaborate where possible.   

This is one of the most sickening and terrifying posts you've ever made.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 07:31:17 PM »

Those two words in French just mean frightening. "Inquietante" means dreadful/disquieting, and "raccapricciante" is the closest but is a lot stronger and a better translation would be sickening. There's no wort that really captures the mix of scary, weird and gross that "creepy" entails.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 07:35:48 PM »

Those two words in French just mean frightening. "Inquietante" means dreadful/disquieting, and "raccapricciante" is the closest but is a lot stronger and a better translation would be sickening. There's no wort that really captures the mix of scary, weird and gross that "creepy" entails.

I propose "Strauss-Khanesque".
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 08:22:23 PM »

Japanese Pepe?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length