NY Times: Trump campaign aides had repeated contacts with Russian intelligence
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:19:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NY Times: Trump campaign aides had repeated contacts with Russian intelligence
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: NY Times: Trump campaign aides had repeated contacts with Russian intelligence  (Read 6917 times)
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2017, 10:17:41 PM »

-Unnamed officials are not paid to leak to the press. Fire 'em.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2017, 10:23:27 PM »

Donald Trump will be President on January 19, 2021 barring his imminent death from fast food consumption. I've never seen people who are so out of touch with reality.

Well I agree, but would you expect any better from this forum? Trump could be ahead in all 50 states in October 2020 and people here would still predict a Democratic wave. It's just strange that they never really seem to learn from their mistakes in the past (2014, 2016). Even DailyKos isn't as overconfident.

Trump is more unpopular than probably any President in history for being 1 month into his term.  This isn't normal.  It's been a different train wreck every day.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2017, 10:24:07 PM »

President Asterisk
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2017, 10:24:25 PM »

Trump in all likely hood did something illegal to help beat Hillary but dems are a cult?
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2017, 10:25:06 PM »

CNN reporting that Trump campaign AND business "frequently" in contact with Russians during

election. Russians were boasting about their ability to contact and control Trump -- quote "they were claiming that they had special contact with Trump." Pamela Brown telling Don Lemon that BOTH Trump and Pres. Obama were briefed on the large, frequent number of contacts b/n Trump campaign and Trump business officials. "Intent" has not yet been determined but they are investigating possible coordination b/n Trump campaign and release of damaging info on Clinton.

This kind of stuff damages Trump hugely and saps him of political capital. More than that this continues to sap him of political legitimacy as President. The Trump Right may be right this won't lead to impeachment immediately but this all will probably greatly weaken the Trump Administration's ability to govern. This hardens the opposition and makes the swing voters leery. This kind of stuff coupled with the weak popular vote win is just going to reinforce for half the country that Trump is illegitimate.

Policy wise I can see Trump's achievements being more limited as a result of news like this. This stuff isn't going away and will become a huge part of Trump's legacy. And Republicans defending him nonstop should take that into account.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2017, 10:28:09 PM »

Trump in all likely hood did something illegal to help beat Hillary but dems are a cult?
These people are spineless cowards, what more would you expect from them?
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2017, 10:29:48 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2017, 10:31:45 PM by TD »

Donald Trump will be President on January 19, 2021 barring his imminent death from fast food consumption. I've never seen people who are so out of touch with reality.

Well I agree, but would you expect any better from this forum? Trump could be ahead in all 50 states in October 2020 and people here would still predict a Democratic wave. It's just strange that they never really seem to learn from their mistakes in the past (2014, 2016). Even DailyKos isn't as overconfident. This is basically a cult.

They might have been wrong in 2014 but its not like Trump won a huge mandate and is extremely popular. There needs to be some acknowledgment that he's a weak president comparatively.

He has massive support in the Heartland and is deeply unpopular in minority and coastal areas. This pretty much puts him in a reverse Obama position, except he has much less credibility and political support. Continued coverage like this only weakens his government's legitimacy and support, which will lead to the failed president model.

The heartland support probably protects him from impeachment right now but doesn't protect him from being seen as illegitimate by half the country.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2017, 10:30:12 PM »

It's sad, sad and disgusting, that Republicans are so blatantly putting party over country.  They've sold us all out.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2017, 10:33:00 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2017, 10:35:45 PM by Gass3268 »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Trapsy

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2017, 10:33:12 PM »

Does Trump resign?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2017, 10:34:39 PM »

lol if y'all think this is gonna make Trump resign
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2017, 10:36:01 PM »

lol if y'all think this is gonna make Trump resign

Fine then, arrest him.
Trapsy

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2017, 10:37:13 PM »

If Trump stays in office, Republicans will be the ones who let him stay.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2017, 10:38:22 PM »

jesus...watching this unfold is kind of exciting in a way

CNN is confirming the NYT story.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2017, 10:39:42 PM »

Ofc Republicans don't care. A solid amount of them favor the authoritarian, so-called "Christian" nationalism of Putin. The Declaration of Independence or the Constitution mean sh**t. Just as long as the Muslims are out and the suburbs are white.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2017, 10:40:47 PM »

Well I agree, but would you expect any better from this forum? Trump could be ahead in all 50 states in October 2020 and people here would still predict a Democratic wave. It's just strange that they never really seem to learn from their mistakes in the past (2014, 2016). Even DailyKos isn't as overconfident.

Trump is more unpopular than probably any President in history for being 1 month into his term.  This isn't normal.  It's been a different train wreck every day.

That's what happens when you run the two most unpopular people in the modern history of polling against each other.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2017, 10:41:09 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2017, 10:44:20 PM by bronz4141 »

I'm just sick of it. I'm sick of it. I'm just sick of it. Trump will not resign. Just focus on 2020 and 2024 and see what happens. Remember, most Americans don't vote. We have people who know more about Kim Kardashian and The Bachelor so I don't know if this will really affect anything. His voters will feel alienated, especially the Russian-American voters in Sheepshead Bay and Brighton Beach, New York, places in southeast Florida, etc.

He won the electoral college. We don't count the popular vote here. We have to wait for more information, okay?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2017, 10:43:35 PM »

We need a independent non-partisan commission with subpoena powers to get down to the bottom of what happened.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2017, 10:44:12 PM »

Good bye Trump!!
Trapsy

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2017, 10:45:05 PM »

I'm just sick of it. I'm sick of it. I'm just sick of it. Trump will not resign. Just focus on 2020 and 2024 and see what happens. Remember, most Americans don't vote. We have people who know more about Kim Kardashian and The Bachelor so I don't know if this will really affect anything.

Honestly ordinary people have become very interested in politics since Trump won. The Democratic needs to be storng(unlikely), so our chances are higher if Trump is still in office.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2017, 10:49:49 PM »

Mr. Morden is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Russian government phone calls to the White House until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on.
Eharding

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2017, 10:51:56 PM »

Mr. Morden is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Russian government phone calls to the White House until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on.

-I object to the motion.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2017, 10:52:40 PM »

-I object to the motion.

Luckily, no one cares what you think.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2017, 10:52:49 PM »

FBI surveillance
Eharding

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2017, 10:53:45 PM »

-Did they have a warrant? I object to warrantless wiretaps.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies