NY Times: Trump campaign aides had repeated contacts with Russian intelligence
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:08:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NY Times: Trump campaign aides had repeated contacts with Russian intelligence
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: NY Times: Trump campaign aides had repeated contacts with Russian intelligence  (Read 7023 times)
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2017, 11:02:41 PM »

Democrats should run on impeachment. Don't pussy out. The Russians are funding and infiltrating the fascist right all over the West.

"But emails! Radical Islam! Obummer! Libtards!"
Trapsy

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2017, 11:06:27 PM »

Dang. Obama was really weak with regards to Russia huh? Russian Reset? Crimea? Ukraine? Syria? Elections?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2017, 11:12:18 PM »

Donald Trump will be President on January 19, 2021 barring his imminent death from fast food consumption. I've never seen people who are so out of touch with reality.

Well I agree, but would you expect any better from this forum? Trump could be ahead in all 50 states in October 2020 and people here would still predict a Democratic wave. It's just strange that they never really seem to learn from their mistakes in the past (2014, 2016). Even DailyKos isn't as overconfident.

Trump is more unpopular than probably any President in history for being 1 month into his term.  This isn't normal.  It's been a different train wreck every day.

That's what happens when you run the two most unpopular people in the modern history of polling against each other.

Do you believe Hillary's private e-mail server scandal is far worse (and more worthy of impeachment, if she had won the electoral college) than anything Trump has done thus far? 
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2017, 11:20:15 PM »

Well, on the positive side, at least we now know exactly how much party matters over country to Republicans. We are also measuring in real time just how much his supporters will ignore and rationalize in defense of their chosen one, raising the question of why so many Americans lack any curiosity into the truth, opting instead to feed their own endless bias.

But, with any hope, we can build up more and more support for taking back a chamber of Congress in 2018 and then using Congressional investigatory powers to unravel the rest of the Trump administration's mysteries. Until then, shocking as all of this is (really), I don't expect it to be anything more than headlines while Republicans have unified control of the federal government. So long as Trump delivers on conservative policy wishes, the GOP will bend to its donors and its need for self-preservation. Party over country, after all.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2017, 11:26:56 PM »

Donald Trump will be President on January 19, 2021 barring his imminent death from fast food consumption. I've never seen people who are so out of touch with reality.

Well I agree, but would you expect any better from this forum? Trump could be ahead in all 50 states in October 2020 and people here would still predict a Democratic wave. It's just strange that they never really seem to learn from their mistakes in the past (2014, 2016). Even DailyKos isn't as overconfident.

Trump is more unpopular than probably any President in history for being 1 month into his term.  This isn't normal.  It's been a different train wreck every day.

That's what happens when you run the two most unpopular people in the modern history of polling against each other.

Do you believe Hillary's private e-mail server scandal is far worse (and more worthy of impeachment, if she had won the electoral college) than anything Trump has done thus far? 

-Of course.
Eharding

« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2017, 11:28:18 PM »

Well, on the positive side, at least we now know exactly how much party matters over country to Republicans. We are also measuring in real time just how much his supporters will ignore and rationalize in defense of their chosen one, raising the question of why so many Americans lack any curiosity into the truth, opting instead to feed their own endless bias.

But, with any hope, we can build up more and more support for taking back a chamber of Congress in 2018 and then using Congressional investigatory powers to unravel the rest of the Trump administration's mysteries. Until then, shocking as all of this is (really), I don't expect it to be anything more than headlines while Republicans have unified control of the federal government. So long as Trump delivers on conservative policy wishes, the GOP will bend to its donors and its need for self-preservation. Party over country, after all.

-Does it really help the country to pile on a guy who resigned for what can barely be seen as a good reason?
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2017, 11:29:32 PM »

And Republicans thought Benghazi was bigger than watergate.
Eharding

« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2017, 11:30:02 PM »

-Did somebody die in Watergate?
Trapsy

« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2017, 11:31:33 PM »

Did we politicize the Beirut barracks bombings?
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2017, 11:36:12 PM »

Will Trump even make it to the end of the year? If he gets impeached, will Pence survive?
Trapsy

« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2017, 11:38:42 PM »

Will Trump even make it to the end of the year? If he gets impeached, will Pence survive?

If Trump is, The 2020 foreign policy debate is gonna be awkward.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2017, 11:41:25 PM »

The Russian officials were the ones being monitored.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2017, 11:44:09 PM »

I think lack of exercise.

When you combine good food with sitting around in meetings all day, he is only going to gain weight, which is very dangerous when you are 70.

The average life expectancy is 78, so we will see Donald reach maybe the end of a second term if he is lucky.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2017, 11:50:23 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2017, 11:54:13 PM by TD »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'll admit I thought Trump would lose. My posts here guessed a generic Republican would win but not Trump. So bearing my view in mind to actually add value ...

1.) I doubt Missouri and Utah will go Democratic in 2020. I agree. It would take an economic crisis to shift Missouri and Utah is probably Republican until the Apocalypse. But this misses the point ...

Both sides see this as a football game to score points, absolutely, and are intensely focused on day to day points. My problem is that the larger context suggests that Trump's really weak and needs to gain support among some people who voted Hillary to govern effectively. On the flip side Democrats need to talk to Trump voters (especially people who liked Bernie) and retool their message instead of chasing every crisis. The bigger problem is definitely with Trump and the Republicans as they're the incumbent party but still.

Trump probably gets impeached for a variety of reasons in my opinion but I feel that's 2-3 years off and includes Trump's poor grasp of ethics and yes, Russia, and his extremely lackadaisical staff. Trump's failure to gain support among Clinton voters probably makes him highly vulnerable if his supporters become overwhelmed by the bad news and decide it's more than fake news. If we see him at -15% in Iowa or Kansas that would be one sign.

No, I don't find myself convinced this report does it. We knew since Manafort resigned that the Trump people were talking to Russia. There were public rumors about Nixon and North Vietnam and yet people re-elected him. It'll take a lot more.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2017, 11:56:35 PM »

I think lack of exercise.

When you combine good food with sitting around in meetings all day, he is only going to gain weight, which is very dangerous when you are 70.

The average life expectancy is 78, so we will see Donald reach maybe the end of a second term if he is lucky.

86 is the US male life expectancy, I believe. Either way Trump has had access to world class health care since birth and he feeds off attention so I think he will survive all the way to the Senate convicting him, complete with increasingly angry tweets that veer into all caps.

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2017, 12:08:36 AM »

This may be a lot of hysteria. Wait for more information. Every administration has baggage. We haven't had a baggage free administration in decades.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2017, 12:11:15 AM »

This may be a lot of hysteria. Wait for more information. Every administration has baggage. We haven't had a baggage free administration in decades.
Ummmm Obama had baggage?
Eharding

« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2017, 12:12:45 AM »

Ummmm Obama had baggage?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2009/jan/16/your-guide-geithner-tax-controversy/
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2017, 12:16:25 AM »

I'm just sick of it. I'm sick of it. I'm just sick of it. Trump will not resign. Just focus on 2020 and 2024 and see what happens. Remember, most Americans don't vote. We have people who know more about Kim Kardashian and The Bachelor so I don't know if this will really affect anything. His voters will feel alienated, especially the Russian-American voters in Sheepshead Bay and Brighton Beach, New York, places in southeast Florida, etc.

He won the electoral college. We don't count the popular vote here. We have to wait for more information, okay?

The information is here: Donald Trump is a criminal and an illegitimate president. Defend him at your own peril.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2017, 12:37:18 AM »

Did we politicize the Beirut barracks bombings?

Wow, you actually managed to shut him up.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2017, 12:43:33 AM »

This definitely looks bad, but I doubt it's going to amount to anything just yet.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2017, 02:33:45 AM »

Until members of the Trump administration start getting indictments handed out to them, I've stopped myself from getting invested in "Could this be the final straw for Trump?" stories.
Lothal1
Rookie
United States

« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2017, 06:13:52 AM »

Trump cant be impeached for this. Is it any of the following?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2017, 08:13:59 AM »

Any Republican who still supports Trump and wishes him to remain president is doing so only for partisan reasons.

To continue to support a man with reported Russian collaboration during the election is nothing short of anti-Americanism. You are unpatriotic if you like Trump. There is absolutely nothing about him that is in line with the things we pride ourselves on as a nation.
hurricanehink
United States

« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2017, 08:28:05 AM »

Trump cant be impeached for this. Is it any of the following?
Treason and bribery, quite possibly.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies