NY Times: Trump campaign aides had repeated contacts with Russian intelligence
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:54:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NY Times: Trump campaign aides had repeated contacts with Russian intelligence
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: NY Times: Trump campaign aides had repeated contacts with Russian intelligence  (Read 7005 times)
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2017, 08:40:30 AM »

Any Republican who still supports Trump and wishes him to remain president is doing so only for partisan reasons.

To continue to support a man with reported Russian collaboration during the election is nothing short of anti-Americanism. You are unpatriotic if you like Trump. There is absolutely nothing about him that is in line with the things we pride ourselves on as a nation.

-You are unpatriotic if you desire senseless Russian-American confrontation.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2017, 08:49:07 AM »
« Edited: February 15, 2017, 08:50:50 AM by Runeghost »

I see the so-called president was watching cable news this morning:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/831842652085686273
You must be logged in to read this quote.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/831840306161123328
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Pretty funny how it was all fine and dandy when it was helping him. I hope he doesn't get impeached too soon. These meltdowns are hilarious.

It might be nice if he could DO HIS JOB instead of twitting from the White House basement. But since he's too stupid and incompetent to do that anyway, I guess the most we can expect is some entertainment.

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2017, 08:51:05 AM »

Any Republican who still supports Trump and wishes him to remain president is doing so only for partisan reasons.

To continue to support a man with reported Russian collaboration during the election is nothing short of anti-Americanism. You are unpatriotic if you like Trump. There is absolutely nothing about him that is in line with the things we pride ourselves on as a nation.

I have no desire for a confrontation with Russia or any other country.

What I take issue with is Russia hacking our election, calling into question the very results IMO. I don't want a Russian puppet as our leader.  Why do you?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2017, 10:04:32 AM »

This binary is basically a Kremlin talking point, BTW. I don't think you're a Putinbot (English too good) but you're regurgitating Kremlin propaganda
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2017, 10:42:19 AM »

This binary is basically a Kremlin talking point, BTW. I don't think you're a Putinbot (English too good) but you're regurgitating Kremlin propaganda

That's modern Republicans for you. Almost all of them don't care that everything we stand for is at stake with Trump. They're perfectly willing to let the country go, all in the name of party loyalty. Before 2016, I had never voted for a Democrat for president. But when Trump is a leading candidate, any sensible person who does not want to see what America would be like under Nazi rule would not have been able to support him.

Even Reagan would've despised what his party has sunk to with the likes of Putin's buddy in charge.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2017, 11:23:24 AM »

The military-industrial complex will Allende him at this rate. They are at war with their own President. I'd end it with "Sad!" if it weren't so frightening.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2017, 11:26:41 AM »

Ryan now signaling the House is possibly behind codifying sanctions on Russia. He personally backs it and I think so does McConnell, which implies the GOP conferences in both chambers may have significant support behind the idea.

Good, they should do it, and override Trump's veto. They need to salvage the Republican Party's honor from this shameful episode.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2017, 11:30:02 AM »

Ryan now signaling the House is possibly behind codifying sanctions on Russia. He personally backs it and I think so does McConnell, which implies the GOP conferences in both chambers may have significant support behind the idea.

Good, they should do it, and override Trump's veto. They need to salvage the Republican Party's honor from this shameful episode.
Why? There's none left.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2017, 11:34:31 AM »

The military-industrial complex will Allende him at this rate. They are at war with their own President. I'd end it with "Sad!" if it weren't so frightening.

Weird how you and your compatriots didn't blink at the Comey letter, but now that Trump is on the line you're frightened. Oops!
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2017, 11:57:43 AM »

That's modern Republicans for you. Almost all of them don't care that everything we stand for is at stake with Trump. They're perfectly willing to let the country go, all in the name of party loyalty. Before 2016, I had never voted for a Democrat for president. But when Trump is a leading candidate, any sensible person who does not want to see what America would be like under Nazi rule would not have been able to support him.

Even Reagan would've despised what his party has sunk to with the likes of Putin's buddy in charge.

Even Reagan? At least we all knew where his loyalties were even if we thought him too far to the Right.

Romney/Hagel 2017.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2017, 11:58:13 AM »

Excellent news
Eharding

« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2017, 12:59:17 PM »
« Edited: February 15, 2017, 01:05:44 PM by Eharding »

Excellent news

-Mexico is far more deserving of sanctions than Russia.
Eharding

« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2017, 01:01:47 PM »

-Reagan supported the frigging Mujahadeen.
Eharding

« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2017, 01:03:26 PM »

-The Kremlin is, more often than not, right. Certainly more right than the knee-jerk partisan hacks in the MSM, who desire nothing more than to transform the U.S. into Mexico with missiles.
Eharding

« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2017, 01:05:18 PM »

-GWB was far, far closer to Hitler than DJT as President. I find #NeverTrumper Bushies to be generally HPs.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2017, 01:09:52 PM »

The last four posts aren't even worthy of a response, other than to say I'm incredibly sad at the state of our country and its voters.
Eharding

« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2017, 01:14:19 PM »

The last four posts aren't even worthy of a response, other than to say I'm incredibly sad at the state of our country and its voters.

-Same. I'm sad that more people voted for HRC than for Trump.
Trapsy

« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2017, 01:14:56 PM »

Eharding is the gage for where the core of the party is at right now. They are willing to overlook the problems of Trump's administration in order to advance their social/economic policy.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2017, 01:24:24 PM »

Hypothetical: Hillary Clinton was elected president. Less than a month into her administration it is revealed that her campaign had been in constant contact with Russian intelligence officials during the course of the campaign. This, on top of prior revelations that the Russian government hacked the RNC and leaked damaging information about Trump.

And also the FBI broke policy one week before the election with a very vague yet unsettling announcement that they were investigating Trump.

What is your reaction at this point in Clinton's presidency?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2017, 01:27:40 PM »

Hypothetical: Hillary Clinton was elected president. Less than a month into her administration it is revealed that her campaign had been in constant contact with Russian intelligence officials during the course of the campaign. This, on top of prior revelations that the Russian government hacked the RNC and leaked damaging information about Trump.

And also the FBI broke policy one week before the election with a very vague yet unsettling announcement that they were investigating Trump.

They know exactly how they would respond. But they would never admit it.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2017, 01:30:48 PM »

Oh I know. Sad!
Eharding

« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2017, 01:58:46 PM »

-Horrified at their control of the Deep State, but I would be a bit reassured if it was Russian intelligence officials, rather than Ukrainian (only a bit, though, as HRC still made far too many anti-Russian statements during Her campaign). I wouldn't have a problem with the leaks themselves, only the motive and their selectivity. I'd call for HRC's emails to be hacked, just like I call for the RNC emails to be released if they were hacked. And I certainly wouldn't blame Trump's defeat on leaks; he should have been able to explain them clearly and easily, though I would be very disenchanted with the process of American democracy, as it just meant the Deep State would always win 100% of the time, no matter what the situation was. My biggest worry would be the Supreme Court.

Now, if it was Rubio, on the other hand, I'd be fine with it, and look at it in a spirit of entertainment. I might even support HRC, to spite him.
Eharding

« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2017, 02:02:23 PM »

-Neither is true. I was disgusted by Romney and supported Obama over him; I'm not some kind of blind partisan. The key matter in 2016 that made it different from 2012 was Scalia's death.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2017, 04:40:51 PM »

-Neither is true. I was disgusted by Romney and supported Obama over him; I'm not some kind of blind partisan. The key matter in 2016 that made it different from 2012 was Scalia's death.

The blatant fascism and Russian dealings (which were known before Election Day) didn't do anything for you huh?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2017, 04:44:52 PM »

I want whatever you have been smoking.

Living in fantasy land.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies