Does Greece have the highest percentage of Horrible People in the world?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:00:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Does Greece have the highest percentage of Horrible People in the world?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Does Greece have the highest percentage of Horrible People in the world?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: Does Greece have the highest percentage of Horrible People in the world?  (Read 2286 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 14, 2017, 11:16:07 PM »

It's a pretty likely candidate. Based on their last election:

Golden Dawn: 7.0%
Communist Party of Greece: 5.6%

AKA 12.6% of Greek voters are murderous genocide supporting thugs. Not just voting for terrible parties (plenty of that around the world) but supporting parties with genocidal ideologies. Can't think of any country with fair elections that can top that.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 11:18:22 PM »

No. Unfortunately, I think those parties could get a similar percentage in a lot of countries.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 11:20:01 PM »

The E.U., maybe. Europe, no (that would be another southeastern European country). The world, obviously not.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 11:26:18 PM »

No. Unfortunately, I think those parties could get a similar percentage in a lot of countries.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 11:28:24 PM »

Instead of foaming at the mouth over Russia, BRTD has switched to foaming at the mouth over Greece!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 11:40:25 PM »

Just for one example, I believe that the Marxist-Leninist Party of Canada received 0.05% at the last election.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 11:43:51 PM »

Minneapolis has more.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 11:59:07 PM »

If we're doing this by how many people vote for f'cking awful parties, then Russia is a lot worse in this (UR+CPRF+LD+Rod.)

(And now I hate myself for mentioning Russia in a BRTD thread)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 12:00:49 AM »

If we're doing this by how many people vote for f'cking awful parties, then Russia is a lot worse in this (UR+CPRF+LD+Rod.)

I'm talking about in real elections, not sham ones.
Eharding

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 12:01:19 AM »

-Agreed. Russia does not have an effective opposition because its opposition parties are so godawful.
Eharding

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 12:02:13 AM »

-They are real elections.
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 12:04:09 AM »

There's a lot of fraud in Russian elections, but even in free elections UR would get a huge chunk of the votes
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2017, 12:05:38 AM »

BRTD is onto something that, even for a country with a wide multi-party system and a low threshold, extremist parties do do unusually well in Greece, but it's very easy to come up with a counterexample just within the European Union: at the last Hungarian general election, Jobbik (which is essentially a sister party to Golden Dawn) won 20% of the vote, much more than Golden Dawn and the KKE combined.

More broadly, countries have their own specific cultural background that lends itself to certain unique or extremist movements doing well. The actual governments the Greeks have elected since the start of the present period of democracy in 1974 have not been far outside the European mainstream, with the arguable exception of the election of SYRIZA as a leading coalition-partner in 2015, though they also proceeded to govern fundamentally within the European mainstream. Hard to say that people in Greece are therefore so terrible.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 12:07:55 AM »

Le Pen the older got 17% of the vote a while back.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2017, 02:19:38 AM »

Just for one example, I believe that the Marxist-Leninist Party of Canada received 0.05% at the last election.

And that's because the political landscape in Canada is different, not because Canadians are inherently better people.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 02:58:06 AM »

Absolutely bizarre that BRTD now has an obsession with the Communist Party of Greece....

Apparently he is unaware of the history of Europe under the resistance against Fascism and Nazi occupation, where the Communists were actually the Freedom Fighters that actually stayed and fought back, instead of fleeing to their comfortable villas elsewhere in "Free Europe"....

So by this standard, the legacy Communist parties of France, Italy, Spain, and Portugal are now also a bunch of murderous thugs, as opposed to the collaborators and Fascists within these respective countries?

It's extremely easy to create a fake more equivalency using the political standards and values of 2016 America without any understand or realization of the historical context of the countries and origins of the political Left, and why there are still vestiges of the Euro-Communist movement of the '50s-70s...

Jesus Christus.... Greece was a Fascist dictatorship at the time when my mother and father were marching against the Vietnam war out of college in the late '60s....

Typical BRTD epic fail post.....
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2017, 03:05:33 AM »

Absolutely bizarre that BRTD now has an obsession with the Communist Party of Greece....

Apparently he is unaware of the history of Europe under the resistance against Fascism and Nazi occupation, where the Communists were actually the Freedom Fighters that actually stayed and fought back, instead of fleeing to their comfortable villas elsewhere in "Free Europe"....

So by this standard, the legacy Communist parties of France, Italy, Spain, and Portugal are now also a bunch of murderous thugs, as opposed to the collaborators and Fascists within these respective countries?

It's extremely easy to create a fake more equivalency using the political standards and values of 2016 America without any understand or realization of the historical context of the countries and origins of the political Left, and why there are still vestiges of the Euro-Communist movement of the '50s-70s...

Jesus Christus.... Greece was a Fascist dictatorship at the time when my mother and father were marching against the Vietnam war out of college in the late '60s....

He supports maoists because they're Anti-Russian, the KKE is hardly euro-communist, it is an explicitly stalinist party, condoning the horrors of stalin, and wants a communist dictatorship.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2017, 06:26:36 AM »

First of all, LOL at the idea I don't know anything of communist resistance in WWII.

Second of all that's literally the same type of argument Oldiesfreak makes.

Third of all for not criticizing fascists I mentioned Golden Dawn in that very post.

And fourthly LOL at the KKE being "Eurocommunist". As noted they are actual Stalinists.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2017, 06:48:55 AM »

And that's because the political landscape in Canada is different, not because Canadians are inherently better people.

Exactly. Canada/America/Britain would have a completely different set of parties if they had proportional representation
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2017, 06:59:41 AM »

First of all, LOL at the idea I don't know anything of communist resistance in WWII.

Third of all for not criticizing fascists I mentioned Golden Dawn in that very post.

And fourthly LOL at the KKE being "Eurocommunist". As noted they are actual Stalinists.

Yet you made a statement (unless it's self-satire) on support maoists, worshipers of maoist Stalinism tenfold.
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2017, 08:21:46 AM »

Yet you made a statement (unless it's self-satire) on support maoists, worshipers of delusional LaRouche-type maoist Stalinism tenfold.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2017, 09:40:55 AM »

Exactly. Canada/America/Britain would have a completely different set of parties if they had proportional representation

But the New Communist Party of the Netherlands got about the same. The Communist Party of Sweden usually gets only a three digit number of votes.

Besides how much do you think a communist party would get in Canada if Canada used PR? I have a feeling itd be closer to 0.05% than 5.6%.
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2017, 10:21:51 AM »

But the New Communist Party of the Netherlands got about the same. The Communist Party of Sweden usually gets only a three digit number of votes.

Besides how much do you think a communist party would get in Canada if Canada used PR? I have a feeling itd be closer to 0.05% than 5.6%.

Most countries have their fair share of people voting for awful parties/politicians, not all of them following the same ideologies
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2017, 12:41:01 PM »

BRTD just further proves that he is a simplistic bigot.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2017, 01:51:03 PM »

BRTD just further proves that he is a simplistic bigot.

Being against Nazis and communists is bigoted?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies