POLITICO/Morning Consult: Trump+6 against Warren
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:23:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  POLITICO/Morning Consult: Trump+6 against Warren
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: POLITICO/Morning Consult: Trump+6 against Warren  (Read 4054 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2017, 02:07:32 PM »

Is there a chance that every named democrat (bar Obama) would do worse than 'generic democrat'

Probably. Generic Dems dont really exist. An actual named Democrat has a record to defend, controversial statements, a heterodox policy or five, etc. However, this is a nice frame of reference for the Dem candidate to go by.

An actual generic Democrat would be someone like Chris Van Hollen, but he would actually be a terrible candidate because he's so boring.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2017, 03:30:31 PM »

Warren is unelectable, she is an elitist Massachusetts liberal. Select a progressive who can connect with ordinary voters.

I don't know many elitists who grew up poor in Oklahoma.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2017, 03:48:54 PM »

Warren is unelectable, she is an elitist Massachusetts liberal. Select a progressive who can connect with ordinary voters.

I don't know many elitists who grew up poor in Oklahoma.
She still acts with an aura of arrogance and entitlement that doomed Clinton.
NeederNodder
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -7.28

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2017, 04:26:15 PM »

Warren still has a bad taste in some progressives mouths (Jimmy Dore as an example). We still got a good 4 years before the election and most Americans don't know who Elizabeth warren is like they do with Trump.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2017, 04:27:52 PM »

I am already tired of hearing 'Pocahontas' and the Indian crap from the right every time with Warren. The indian stuff is emails all over again a seemingly insignificant issue that will end costing her the election. Her explanation on the whole thing is as unconvincing as Hillary's response to emails.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2017, 04:32:10 PM »

Warren will lose by much more than six points if she is the 2020 nominee.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2017, 04:32:23 PM »

The only real dirt on Gillibrand is big tobacco lawyer, flip flop on guns.  Warren obviously has her issues and I think Booker has major skeletons in his closet from his Mayorship. I'm inclined to go with the candidate with the least amount of baggage after the Hillary fiasco. It cannot be another lesser of two evils election.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2017, 04:36:23 PM »

Baggage doesn't matter. What matters is whether people perceive the candidate to be on their side and looking out for their interests. Trump's legion of fiascos didn't touch him while Hillary's nothingburgers destroyed her because he was perceived as supporting the interests of a significant segment of swing voters while Hillary wasn't. That's why I still feel Warren is the best one out of these.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2017, 04:42:43 PM »

Baggage doesn't matter. What matters is whether people perceive the candidate to be on their side and looking out for their interests. Trump's legion of fiascos didn't touch him while Hillary's nothingburgers destroyed her because he was perceived as supporting the interests of a significant segment of swing voters while Hillary wasn't. That's why I still feel Warren is the best one out of these.

Warren's Indian heritage crap makes it seem like she is a opportunist liar. And that is how she will perceived when she is relentlessly attacked over it.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2017, 04:50:22 PM »

Warren's Indian heritage crap makes it seem like she is a opportunist liar. And that is how she will perceived when she is relentlessly attacked over it.

No. This is like Benghazi except without the e-mails and without anyone getting hurt, in other words a faux controversy. A lot of white people don't perceive affirmative action as being fair will secretly not mind her taking advantage of an absurd system, and a lot of white people also think they have Native American heritage themselves. The right attacks her over this because they have nothing real to go against her with. That this is their biggest attack line is telling.
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2017, 06:20:43 PM »

So, based off this poll, a result like this isn't exactly impossible:

410 - 128
SCNCmod

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2017, 06:21:19 PM »

I actually think this poll is accurate.  The only candidate from the "progressive" wing that I think would definitely beat trump is Sherrod Brown (and of all Dems... Brown may be the best candidate).  I actually think Sherrod Brown/ Julian Castro would be a very strong ticket.

But there are certainly other Dems that could win... But at least in 2020- who the candidate is will make a big difference in outcome, given that WI, MI, PA, FL, NH were all very narrowly decided. (and several others were under 3%)

MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2017, 06:23:49 PM »

It is impossible for a Republican to win the PV by 6 points, especially Trump. Yes, I also think Warren would be a pretty bad candidate, but not because she's too left or because of this poll. Polls at this point in time are basically meaningless anyway. However... I wonder what the electoral map would look like in a 6-point GOP win?

Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2017, 06:27:38 PM »

It is impossible for a Republican to win the PV by 6 points, especially Trump.

You're sounding like the Democrats who claimed Michigan would vote for a ham sandwich over a republican.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2017, 06:30:38 PM »

So, based off this poll, a result like this isn't exactly impossible:

410 - 128

Thats not a Trump +6 win, Thats a Trump +15 win. So yeah, impossible.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2017, 06:39:28 PM »

Sad
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2017, 07:34:17 PM »

Wonder what level of Russian interference this poll is considering.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2017, 07:43:06 PM »

I don't normally trust polls from this early on.  But this is bad for Warren.  After all, Trump isn't exactly the most popular person in America right now.
🕴🏼Melior🕴🏼
Melior
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.17

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2017, 07:54:26 PM »

Trump will never win the popular vote by 6 points+ in a national general election.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2017, 08:03:27 PM »

Trump will never win the popular vote by 6 points+ in a national general election.

Four years ago I would have laughed at anyone who told me that a Republican would win Pennsylvania and Michigan while losing the popular vote.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2017, 08:07:03 PM »

That shows "True Progressivism" is not popular with Americans
AtorBoltox

« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2017, 08:12:47 PM »
« Edited: February 15, 2017, 08:18:26 PM by AtorBoltox »

This is peak Atlas. Polls taken nearly four years before the next election are absolutely worthless
Fusionmunster

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2017, 08:13:41 PM »

I don't normally trust polls from this early on.  But this is bad for Warren.  After all, Trump isn't exactly the most popular person in America right now.

Morning Consult and Rasmussen have been the two polling outlets that have been consistently showing Trump with net positive favorables.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2017, 08:47:07 PM »

Morning Consult and Rasmussen have been the two polling outlets that have been consistently showing Trump with net positive favorables.

So all of a sudden it's dems that are the ones that don't trust polls? 0-o
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2017, 08:50:56 PM »

And just where exactly were Reagan and Bill on these types of things again ya' know  before they totally won?

Pretty sure Hillary was in the double digits / higher singles all the way until the 9/11 moment.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies