Florida Sen. Bill Nelson in Trouble (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:39:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Florida Sen. Bill Nelson in Trouble (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Florida Sen. Bill Nelson in Trouble  (Read 3509 times)
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« on: February 23, 2017, 11:52:02 PM »

I know Nelson is favored, but I really, really want this seat for easing judicial appointments (literally my #1 issue).
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 01:17:40 PM »

Does it really matter if he is in trouble or not? Lets be honest.. is there really a bench for the GOP to run for that seat anyways?
Rick Scott

If not him, then:
Ron DeSantis
David Jolly
Dennis Ross
Tom Rooney
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 04:35:05 PM »

Does it really matter if he is in trouble or not? Lets be honest.. is there really a bench for the GOP to run for that seat anyways?
Rick Scott

If not him, then:
Ron DeSantis
David Jolly
Dennis Ross
Tom Rooney
I'd not be surprise if Lopez cantera is on that list, although he'll probably run lower down
I doubt he runs for the seat. Plus, I think it's nice for Florida not to have both Senators from Miami-Dade.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 06:33:51 PM »

Rick Scott

If not him, then:
Ron DeSantis
David Jolly
Dennis Ross
Tom Rooney
I'd not be surprise if Lopez cantera is on that list, although he'll probably run lower down
I doubt he runs for the seat. Plus, I think it's nice for Florida not to have both Senators from Miami-Dade.
A lot of people think he's more likely to run for CFO than Senator again. I think he has his sites set on running for Governor after Putnam in 2026, and may be positioning himself to become Rubio's heir. Of course, the fact that he is deluded enough to think Rubio will be President is a sign that he likely won't go beyond CFO.
I have several questions for you? We all know now that Atwater is soon resigning. If CLC is interested, would Scott appoint him? It would give him the incumbency, although on paper that is a step down (however Former Lt. Gov. Kottkamp ran unsuccessfully for AG while still LG). The Lieutenant Governor is mostly symbolic from what I understand. And I hear that if Bondi gets a job with Trump Scott may make another appointment, which means he may pick two people who will be on the statewide ticket next year (and likely share it with him if he does get the Senate nod).

Also, since we're already more than halfway through the term, does that mean the appointee for CFO and hypothetical AG appointee can both run for two full terms (2018 and 2022)?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies