How can Trump win New Hampshire in 2020?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:02:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  How can Trump win New Hampshire in 2020?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: How can Trump win New Hampshire in 2020?  (Read 2808 times)
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 15, 2017, 09:54:47 PM »

Paging MT Treasurer...
mencken
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 09:55:23 PM »

Deport the thousands of illegal voters back to Massachusetts. /sarc
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 09:59:16 PM »

ban all angry women and deport climbing maggie
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 09:59:48 PM »

Be a good President with decent approval ratings and win the popular vote
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 10:05:49 PM »

Come on guys, this is ridiculously safe, and if Chris Sununu runs for Senate, it'll just be a waste of money. R chances would be better at picking off Oregon.

You're probably trolling in which case lol and shame on me... but come on.

Trump barely lost NH while getting clobbered in the PV.  It's rural, and like, the whitest state in the history of the universe.
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 10:08:09 PM »

Come on guys, this is ridiculously safe, and if Chris Sununu runs for Senate, it'll just be a waste of money. R chances would be better at picking off Oregon.

Trump barely lost NH while getting clobbered in the PV.  It's rural, and like, the whitest state in the history of the universe.

I do agree that a lot of Atlas users think NH is more D than it really is. Just because a state happens to elect a slew of Democrats doesn't mean it's 100% safe.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 10:11:44 PM »

Be an OK President and run a good campaign. Win less than 1% more of the vote and NH is the Donald's.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 10:17:19 PM »
« Edited: February 15, 2017, 10:45:51 PM by Figueira »

Deport the thousands of illegal voters back to Massachusetts. /sarc

If you're talking about people who moved from MA, that would probably help the Democrat.

Anyway, Trump would have to maintain his support among the WWC while getting closer to Bush numbers in the suburbs. Also hope that there is another split in the Democratic Party with the Sanders wing losing again.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 11:05:43 PM »

Stay solid in the rural north such as Coos, Merrimack, and Sullivan counties and pull in the Romney-Clinton/Johnson voters in the Manchester/Nashua suburbs (Bedford, Londonderry, Windham, Merrimack, and Amherst). Only one town, Hanover, on the Vermont border flipped both the Presidency and Senate in the state
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 11:06:40 PM »

It'll likely swing hard against him, I imagine they've already had their "what did we almost do?" moment.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 12:54:44 PM »

Find a way to disenfranchise the campuses that delivered a razor thin D margin statewide through unprecedented turnout this cycle.

Oh hey, and... presto!
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 05:11:21 PM »

Clearing up voter fraud should be enough.
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 09:21:40 PM »

Clearing up voter fraud should be enough.
You're not exactly wrong...
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 09:48:45 PM »

I was trolling MT Treasurer (in a light-hearted way). I've posted in numerous threads that I think NH is likelier than not to be a long-term part of any winning R coalition to 270. And if Sununu wins reelection in 2018 (which I am skeptical of, but for the sake of argument...), I expect him to be heavily recruited for the 2020 Senate race, as NH and VA will be R's only real potential offensive targets that year.

Whew---- this is why I try to scroll down to the bottom of the thread before posting.....

If you had been seriously positing that Oregon would be more competitive, I would have needed to write a 1,500 character response as to why this would be extremely unlikely unless there was a Dukakis level wipeout of the Democratic Presidential candidate.... Smiley

Now, regarding the OPs question, NH is certainly in play in 2020 assuming that it is a relatively close election.... if early in the Night on November '20 NH starts swinging hard towards Trump, it will likely be a bleak night for Democrats up and down the ticket......
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 09:50:18 PM »

Oh great, another James O'Keefe video.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2017, 11:15:33 PM »

Which means it can be dismissed.  Fake news etc.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2017, 10:49:38 AM »

MT Treasurer is right to an extent.

As Ray Buckley mentioned, Democrats have been pretty successful in New Hampshire, which is really a purple state. Other purple states haven't seen that kind of success among Democrats except maybe Virginia (that's debatable to loosely call VA a purple state because it's lean D at worst for Dems).

Despite the facts that Hillary and Hassan won razor sharp races last year and the Governorship was taken (though not as close), Democrats have won 11 of 13 statewide races in the Granite state. That's a major bright spot considering the 900+ seats of state legislature, 69 house seats, 13 senate seats, and 11 Governorships nationwide that were lost to Republicans.

Due to its elasticity and current way things are going, I'm very confident NH will swing hard against Trump. How can he fix this? There is a big heroin problem in the little state. If he could pay attention to that problem (which doesn't seem likely), he could gain in the state. Drug abuse was rated the biggest problem last year during this month of February after all surpassing the economy.

The "angry white women" will give Trump a difficult time.
Rjjr77
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2017, 11:03:51 AM »

They have the exact same environment as 2016, except it snows.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2017, 12:53:28 PM »

Not listening to IndyRep in the first place.
Gabagool102
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2017, 08:14:44 PM »

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2017, 08:27:55 PM »

He can't according to MT Treasurer, I'm not even going to predict that anymore lol.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2017, 08:35:53 PM »

Find a way to disenfranchise the campuses that delivered a razor thin D margin statewide through unprecedented turnout this cycle.

Oh hey, and... presto!

NH is not a state where this is likely to pass - and if it does, Sununu will basically be guaranteed to lose reelection (if he isn't already), in which case it would simply be repealed by the next Democratic governor. No offense, but I think gender and race of the candidates seem to matter far more in NH than stuff like this.

Okay so I know enough not to try to argue with you about angry NH women, but...

When has there been a single nonwhite candidate in NH?!

"climbing" Maggie Hassan is Irish. It's pronounced HASS-in. That's like, the only think I think you could be talking about here.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2017, 12:42:55 AM »

Donald Trump can win New Hampshire by teaming up with Paul LePage (I know he's from Maine, so don't bother correcting me) to build a wall to keep out heroine dealers named Smoothie, Shifty, and D-Money.

But seriously, he can win by campaigning hard there and not being a sh**ty president. If that's not enough, he can get Scott Brown to run against Jeanne Shaheen again or at least some other statewide office in order to drive up Republican turnout.
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2017, 08:58:46 AM »

Oh hey, and... presto!

NH is not a state where this is likely to pass - and if it does, Sununu will basically be guaranteed to lose reelection (if he isn't already), in which case it would simply be repealed by the next Democratic governor. No offense, but I think gender and race of the candidates seem to matter far more in NH than stuff like this.

Okay so I know enough not to try to argue with you about angry NH women, but...

When has there been a single nonwhite candidate in NH?!

"climbing" Maggie Hassan is Irish. It's pronounced HASS-in. That's like, the only think I think you could be talking about here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_New_Hampshire,_2008#Democratic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives_elections_in_New_Hampshire,_2014#Results_6

For that House election, I remember there was a ton of advertising in terms of commercials- eastern MA shares a media region with southern NH; consequently we get their political commercials. In contrast, unless there's a Senate race usually there aren't any MA advertisements.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2017, 05:36:21 PM »

If he doesn't get us involved in another war and if the dem is a neocon like Hillary.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies