Easiest Democratic Map for 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:20:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Easiest Democratic Map for 2020
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Easiest Democratic Map for 2020  (Read 4505 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2017, 02:33:12 PM »

Obviously Michigan is the most likely state to flip, and from there, PA and WI FL are the Democrats' best bets. Clearly, Trump's landslide 0.8% win in Wisconsin New West Virginia is the new Republican floor there, and the state is now a dark red state that will never go Democratic again.

Live under the thumb of the local Republican party here for years, and you will actually believe this. Even when they lose the popular vote, they keep the chambers. This time around though, they gained more seats even though it was thought that they had hit their ceiling already. If the Democratic party continues mismanaging the state the way it has, your sarcastic rant might have more truth to it than you might care to admit.

I don't deny that since 2008, Democrats have done terribly in Wisconsin. I think there are many reasons for that, but I don't think it's so much that Wisconsin is quickly trending R as it is that Democrats haven't run the best candidates/campaigns there. The right kind of Democrat can absolutely still win Wisconsin, and if (again, if) 2018 proves to be a good year, Republicans could face quite a bit of backlash there. While Trump may have room for growth in the WOW counties, he could easily lose a lot of the Obama voters he won in the Southwest, as well as places like Kenosha/Racine. Considering Trump's margin, as well as the fact that Clinton took the state entirely for granted, I think people saying that Wisconsin will be Lean/Likely R in 2020 are jumping the gun, to say the least.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2017, 12:28:34 AM »

Yes. However the Democrats should also try to raise turnout in Philadelphia to win Pennsylvania too.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2017, 04:29:57 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies