This press conference...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:27:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  This press conference...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: This press conference...  (Read 1562 times)
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2017, 03:21:55 PM »

The Donald is as sly as a Fox (not Vicente Fox though).  His base gets orgasmic when he tees off on the media and doubles down on what he wants done.  He's so popular with his base because he's not like any other President before him.

But he's a dumb, right?

I see what you're trying to do here but there's a difference. His base may love it but again, no effort being made to win the 48% and the longer they remain in opposition, the longer he remains weak as President.

At some point you have to acknowledge this, his base isn't enough to win reelection alone, let alone have a competent governing mandate. From the conference I saw, he's about one year away from a scandal that will depress Republican turnout significantly.

I maintain right now his base is going along for the ride, but these tactics aren't gonna be effective over the long run.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2017, 03:23:46 PM »

Also Trump told the world he's contemplating military action against North Korea. Good for my timeline prediction, I suppose.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2017, 03:25:04 PM »

The Donald is as sly as a Fox (not Vicente Fox though).  His base gets orgasmic when he tees off on the media and doubles down on what he wants done.  He's so popular with his base because he's not like any other President before him.

But he's a dumb, right?

I suppose, obama could have spent his entire presidency wanking off his supporters by saying that rich people were bad or whatever; but like a fool he chose to "govern the country" instead. What a moron.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2017, 03:25:15 PM »

Hate to break it to you guys but while we think this is insane, to his supporters hes just "BTFO pathetic cuck media elites"
Well f**k em.

Unfortunately were stuck with them

If anything...this press conference fired up his base after so much losing.
But it just keeps driving anyway anyone with a iq above 50.

Trump was a mess in the debates and had several stream of concious meltdowns in the final weeks and still won.

People on here really mis-underestimate the WWC. Most of the tea party governors had terrible approval ratings and left their states in the sh**tter and they all got re-elected

Oh okay. Then what about all the African American voters for Obama in Harlem who didn't even know his positions on issues but supported him for "sentimental" reasons. Or all the inner cities who continue to re-elect the same old corrupt liberal politicians who don't bring any results but win their votes because they're "one of them".

How come it's okay to have black sentimentality but not white?

Chris Matthews on Election Night called it a "counter-punch". He said something to the effect of "We have this strong urban vote and it's being offset by this counter-punch from the suburbs and rural areas. It's not a pretty picture."

Why is the rural and suburban vote the counter-punch? How come the "counter-punch" isn't the inner cities vote? That seems much more likely when you look at the county maps of the country. Why is the high urban turnout good but high rural turnout bad?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2017, 03:27:31 PM »

Best Press Conference EVER!!!! We've been waiting for a president to take it to these pathetic monsters in the media who think they are so important. I like Trump more each day!

He attacks them because they are important. And Trump's supporters resent them for the same reason.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2017, 03:30:26 PM »

it really begs the question to some of his supporters - have you no decency?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2017, 03:30:54 PM »

Also Trump told the world he's contemplating military action against North Korea. Good for my timeline prediction, I suppose.

I wonder how a tactical nuclear strike would play out with the electorate. Could be useful with painting the GOP as the party of a madman who destabilizing the world with thermonuclear warfare. On the other hand, his supporters may just feel like it was a very macho and righteous thing to do.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2017, 03:37:17 PM »

But he's a dumb, right?

I suppose, obama could have spent his entire presidency wanking off his supporters by saying that rich people were bad or whatever; but like a fool he chose to "govern the country" instead. What a moron.

Well, nothing got done either way. In hindsight, I wish Obama did this the last six years. This is what we elect a president for!

Muh Trump moving too fast though.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2017, 03:38:53 PM »

Again, it's never been Trump's core that needs to be worried about. It's the late-breaking undecideds, and the people who stayed home rather than vote Hillary. Those are the people that will elect him or doom him.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2017, 03:39:40 PM »

I wonder how a tactical nuclear strike would play out with the electorate. Could be useful with painting the GOP as the party of a madman who destabilizing the world with thermonuclear warfare. On the other hand, his supporters may just feel like it was a very macho and righteous thing to do.
That's what I've been afraid of for almost a year.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2017, 03:41:25 PM »

You guys should have seen the comments feed on the FB page where it televising the presser.  Very favorable and you'd be shocked that most of the supporting posts I saw were from wimin.........go figure. 
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2017, 03:41:29 PM »

Russia was complaining about the state of some of NK's nuclear facilities a few years back, hitting them could cause another Chernobyl.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2017, 03:42:59 PM »

Again, it's never been Trump's core that needs to be worried about. It's the late-breaking undecideds, and the people who stayed home rather than vote Hillary. Those are the people that will elect him or doom him.

He's already won, and his gorgeous legacy will be long lasting. That can never be taken away as a symbol.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2017, 03:43:30 PM »

You guys should have seen the comments feed on the FB page where it televising the presser.  Very favorable and you'd be shocked that most of the supporting posts I saw were from wimin.........go figure. 

i mean did they listen to when he was talking to the Congressional Black Caucus lady? christ
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2017, 03:44:52 PM »

i mean did they listen to when he was talking to the Congressional Black Caucus lady? christ

There were more "God Bless You Mr President" posts than I could count through the whole thing........truly amazing. 
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2017, 03:45:42 PM »

There were more "God Bless You Mr President" posts than I could count through the whole thing........truly amazing. 

We all have our own bubbles.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2017, 03:46:31 PM »

And again, voters who are willing to change their mind on a candidate don't watch press conferences at 11:00 AM.

They might catch the highlights at the 6-o-clock news, though.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2017, 03:46:33 PM »

FB is to Wal-Mart conservatives what Reddit and Youtube are to Nazis, no surprise there.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2017, 04:13:44 PM »

Calling it a press conference is doing press conferences injustice.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2017, 04:25:39 PM »

Calling it a press conference is doing press conferences injustice.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2017, 04:40:51 PM »

Best Press Conference EVER!!!! We've been waiting for a president to take it to these pathetic monsters in the media who think they are so important. I like Trump more each day!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2017, 06:25:59 PM »

But he's a dumb, right?

I see what you're trying to do here but there's a difference. His base may love it but again, no effort being made to win the 48% and the longer they remain in opposition, the longer he remains weak as President.

At some point you have to acknowledge this, his base isn't enough to win reelection alone, let alone have a competent governing mandate. From the conference I saw, he's about one year away from a scandal that will depress Republican turnout significantly.

I maintain right now his base is going along for the ride, but these tactics aren't gonna be effective over the long run.

Not to mention "the base" is notably less then that 46%. His (EC) win was based on former Obama voters like Grumps.

Grumps, can you please stop deluding yourself that Trump is some kind of master 4 dimensional chess player, and just admit the unwound septuagenarian freak show we both saw in today's press conference is a walking dumpster fire as POTUS?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies