This thing is not a President. This thing is a monster.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:20:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  This thing is not a President. This thing is a monster.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: This thing is not a President. This thing is a monster.  (Read 1084 times)
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 16, 2017, 06:25:41 PM »

I just watched "The Exorcist" for the millionth time.  I'm kind of a Catholic - I say kind of because I don't always agree with official Vatican policy on some things -- but I have decided for some reason to be loyal to the Catholic faith.

That movie just fascinates me and terrifies me at the same time.  As I was watching Regan's head turn 180 degrees, it just reminded me of that thing - Trump - because he is so disgusting and revolting and he has no human decency.

I think Satan's hands are in this.  I'm not joking.  I'm completely serious.  I'm going to church - for the first time in what has to be a million years - and speaking to a priest, a nun, anyone.

This is an amoral, degenerate, psychotically disturbed old pig who is dangerous to the republic.

It's time for us to pray for this country and thank God above that we have a system of checks and balances and separation of powers and a free press.  If America wasn't the country that it was, and if the founders had not been so brilliant, this is the point where America would begin its transformation into a dictatorship.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 06:26:59 PM »

Trump's too stupid to be satan
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 06:27:15 PM »

You're Runeghost's sock?
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 06:50:41 PM »

Seems legit
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 08:32:31 PM »

I wouldn't go as far as claiming he is Satan Smiley, but I will say this.

Trump brings out the worst human characteristics to the forefront and always goes for the lowest common denominator. I'm all for American ingenuity, efficiency and business acumen, straight talk and even for necessary but painful measures, tough cuts and making hard choices; but there should be some consideration to important things like planning, diplomacy, fairness, compassion...

None of those are high on Trump's list unfortunately.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 08:43:18 PM »

Trump is not a monster. He's a 70 year old white guy who watches too much cable TV and has absolutely no introspection or self-awareness whatsoever, and has never faced a situation where it's hurt him and caused him to change. He's the average Republican voter.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 08:48:13 PM »

My Catholic mom has this theory that the world has experienced the presence of multiple 'mini-antichrists' throughout history, citing people such as Hitler, Stalin, and Dick Cheney whose actions in this world foreshadow the arrival of The Antichrist, whose own coming will happen sooner than we think.

She mentioned this to me years before Trump came into the political scene.  I think it's a neat idea to wrap one's head around, and what better a descriptor for someone who's lived their entire life completely opposite to the teachings of Jesus than, well, 'antichrist?'  It's only fitting that these people manage to create their own "flocks" to lead astray.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 09:42:22 PM »

I wonder whether we will get "Trump is literally Hitler" or "Trump is literally Satan" as a serious thread title first. I would normally say the first without doubt, except that this forum has a peculiar concentration of Religious Left.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 09:48:56 PM »

I wonder whether we will get "Trump is literally Hitler" or "Trump is literally Satan" as a serious thread title first. I would normally say the first without doubt, except that this forum has a peculiar concentration of Religious Left.

The first. Definitely, absolutely the first.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 09:58:26 PM »

Trump ain't Hitler.

He's a bit of Erdogan, a bit of Duterte, a bit of Berlusconi, and a bit of a right-wing Hugo Chavez all wrapped up in a neat little package.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 10:28:36 PM »

This has come up multiple times. While fake president Pussygrabber would probably like to be Hitler, he's a lot more like Mussolini's much wealthier, much stupider cousin.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2017, 07:11:46 AM »

His supporters are monsters too.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2017, 07:26:59 AM »

Trump shares some historical similarities to Trump.

They both got more serious once elected.

But to say Satan is involved says more about the mental composition of the OP.

It simply lacks substance.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2017, 09:17:01 AM »

Donald J. Trump is neither Satan nor Hitler.

Donald J. Trump is a pretty extreme case of narcissistic personality disorder - call it megalomania. He is also a man with a fair bit of charm and street smarts, even if he by no means is "smart" as he claims. He is a deeply simple man who is easily manipulable by those who understand how to act around people with this disorder. His disorder is further inflated by the fact that he has gotten away with it for so long making fortunes. Guys like this thrive from adulation, but adulation doesn't cure them, quite the contrary, it makes them even more insufferable.

Lots of people like Donald Trump exist. Unfortunately his disorder coupled with his alpha male personality and penchant for populism has somehow elevated him to the position of the most powerful person on the planet. That is something that should scare the beejezus out of everybody, even those who agree with his policies.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2017, 01:38:28 PM »

I'd prefer to call him a clown because he's both as funny and as scary as one.

I'd say Ted Cruz is more of a monster.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 01:49:30 PM »

Do we have to split hairs here? He is definitely a villian figure but everyone is compared to everyone else. He is probably not the same as anyone else but he could be on the level of someone like Hitler.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 01:56:45 PM »

Trump is not a monster. He's a 70 year old white guy who watches too much cable TV and has absolutely no introspection or self-awareness whatsoever, and has never faced a situation where it's hurt him and caused him to change. He's the average Republican voter.

...and we reasonably expect more out of people who practice law, medicine, or accountancy; enforce the law; or teach kids.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2017, 01:58:17 PM »

Remember what Arendt said. Evil is not "monstrous" or spectacular. Evil is banal and petty.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2017, 05:07:22 PM »

Remember what Arendt said. Evil is not "monstrous" or spectacular. Evil is banal and petty.
True evil requires true, and great, intelligence.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2017, 06:03:19 PM »

Do we have to split hairs here? He is definitely a villian figure but everyone is compared to everyone else. He is probably not the same as anyone else but he could be on the level of someone like Hitler.

With the latest rants, I'm starting to think that the closest analog is Pol Pot.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2017, 07:13:20 PM »

I'd prefer to call him a clown because he's both as funny and as scary as one.

I'd say Ted Cruz is more of a monster.

Ted Cruz is mean! And he has no compassion.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2017, 07:21:16 PM »

Whatever happened to all those sexual abuse accusations against Trump from all those women?

There has been complete silence since the election.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2017, 07:26:34 PM »

Whatever happened to all those sexual abuse accusations against Trump from all those women?

There has been complete silence since the election.

One of them sued him for defamation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/former-apprentice-contestant-sues-trump-for-defamation-for-denying-alleged-groping/2017/01/17/9c88acb2-dcd9-11e6-acdf-14da832ae861_story.html
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies