Opinion of Elon Musk
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:16:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Elon Musk
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Opinion of Elon Musk
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 107

Author Topic: Opinion of Elon Musk  (Read 3105 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 17, 2017, 12:57:53 AM »

If this guy posted anywhere on the Internet saying the stuff that he actually believes, he'd be considered a troll. Oh and he's basically a con artist too.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 03:29:12 AM »

FF! He's thinking about the future, is innovative and using his wealth for good purposes. We need more rich people like him.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 07:32:19 AM »

Not a fan of the privatization of space exploration.
nicholas.slaydon
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 10:41:31 AM »

FF! He's thinking about the future, is innovative and using his wealth for good purposes. We need more rich people like him.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 12:37:42 PM »

Massive FF. Not only is he brilliant, wildly successful, innovative, and bipartisan, he's an immigrant and a patriot who actually understands what America great. Space definitely shouldn't be totally privatized, but NASA should work with private companies hand-in-hand because it will save taxpayers money when private companies are providing some of the capital and ideas.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 03:25:06 PM »

The stuff he's said about artificial intelligence and simulated reality is insane. He honestly reminds me of a comic book or sci-fi movie villain.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 03:32:18 PM »

Probably my favorite person in the world today, but I'm a massive spacenerd who wants humanity to survive past Earth and become a multi-planetary species. Honestly I'd probably call anyone a FF who I believed was working towards achieving that.

His recent comments about merging with machines were a bit odd, however, so I'll grant he's a bit eccentric.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 03:42:32 PM »

The stuff he's said about artificial intelligence and simulated reality is insane. He honestly reminds me of a comic book or sci-fi movie villain.

Yeah, you'd call people who predicted we'd have almost all the information available in our pockets 'insane' 30 years ago, too.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 05:00:21 PM »

Major FF, good guy.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 05:03:50 PM »

Minor FF.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2017, 05:05:53 PM »

Yeah, you'd call people who predicted we'd have almost all the information available in our pockets 'insane' 30 years ago, too.

A lot of his ideas are fundamentally unworkable, though. There's still some good stuff in the mix despite that.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2017, 05:14:21 PM »

Egotistical
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2017, 05:14:47 PM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2017, 07:36:43 PM »

I wish he could qualify to run as President.

Yeah, having another billionaire narcissist as President would definitely solve our current problems. Roll Eyes
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2017, 07:42:42 PM »

FF
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 08:25:30 PM »

Massive FF.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 02:47:13 AM »

Those people were insane.  But the lunatics are in charge now and have made their vision a reality.

Anyway I still think Elon Musk sounds like some cologne they sell at Nordstrom.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2017, 03:45:38 AM »

HP.

I appreciate he's a highly intelligent and talented person whose innovations are helping to revolutionize technology and reduce our impact on the environment. However, that's where my positive sentiments towards him end. All the Democrats here championing this guy don't understand that it's people with his rather awful philosophy and views that are harming our party. You guys attack working class and poor white people, then praise billionaire techies like Elon musk. Amazing.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2017, 04:58:31 AM »

HP.

I appreciate he's a highly intelligent and talented person whose innovations are helping to revolutionize technology and reduce our impact on the environment. However, that's where my positive sentiments towards him end. All the Democrats here championing this guy don't understand that it's people with his rather awful philosophy and views that are harming our party. You guys attack working class and poor white people, then praise billionaire techies like Elon musk. Amazing.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk-doubles-down-universal-175300665.html
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2017, 05:16:56 AM »

HP.

So, to summarize- "He's intelligent, works for the environment and technology, but HP because billionaire"?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2017, 05:40:38 AM »

HP.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk-doubles-down-universal-175300665.html

I don't think this is a particularly unique position taken by a techie, considering they're more knowledgeable of the future developments of technology and the impact they'll have on the workforce. It also doesn't make him somehow better, since only a Randian style techie would oppose this idea.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2017, 05:41:54 AM »

HP.

So, to summarize- "He's intelligent, works for the environment and technology, but HP because billionaire"?

I can't imagine a billionaire who isn't an HP, to be fair.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2017, 08:52:19 AM »

If there is one word I can't stand, it's "innovate" and all its modified forms.
kyc0705

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2017, 11:55:41 AM »
« Edited: February 18, 2017, 10:21:44 PM by kyc0705 »

FF on principle (futurist tech innovators are awesome people imo, even if they do bring us to a sci-fi movie dystopia), but sort of HP in reality.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2017, 06:49:17 PM »

Mega FF. A lot of the things he's said about politics is good, but pushing that aside, the technology he works in is just incredible. If you don't think space travel, electric cars, solar panels, this crazy hyperloop thing, etc. are freaking awesome, you may be too far gone. Tongue

Also I can't help but chuckle at you guys disliking someone simply because they're a billionaire. I get it--I really do--but it's a very, very narrow way of looking at things.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies