Sen. Santorum Will Not Run for President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:57:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Sen. Santorum Will Not Run for President
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Sen. Santorum Will Not Run for President  (Read 20096 times)
skybridge
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2005, 05:22:35 AM »

I'm halfway through the Hannity and Colmes interview with Santorum from last night (I recorded it) and I'm not convinced that he won't run. He says that a Presidential campaign is "not impossible." He just doesn't "intend to run."

If he wins next year, he's going to be thinking about it. Suddenly, he might "intend" to do something different.

But wouldn't it be great if he didn't?

Wouldn't it be great if you stopped talking?HuhHuhHuh Smiley

Well, if you still have to attack me personally...
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2005, 06:06:12 AM »

If he runs, he runs and if he doesn't, he doesn't

Dave
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2005, 06:47:55 AM »

I'm halfway through the Hannity and Colmes interview with Santorum from last night (I recorded it) and I'm not convinced that he won't run. He says that a Presidential campaign is "not impossible." He just doesn't "intend to run."

If he wins next year, he's going to be thinking about it. Suddenly, he might "intend" to do something different.

But wouldn't it be great if he didn't?

Wouldn't it be great if you stopped talking?HuhHuhHuh Smiley

Well, if you still have to attack me personally...

No you were just trying to bait Phil into giving a response, which is why I said that. I'll admit I have absolutly no respect for you but I'm not going to attack you personally.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2005, 09:37:36 AM »

No you were just trying to bait Phil into giving a response

Exactly. Those that seek trouble will find it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2005, 01:37:42 AM »

I told you it's not dead yet...

From grassrootspa.com

Two days after saying he had no intention of running for president in 2008, Republican Sen. Rick Santorum said Wednesday there was a slight possibility he could run after all.

"There's a remote chance that that could change, but that's not my intention," Santorum told The Associated Press between television rounds to promote his new book, "It Takes a Family."

Separately, he said he wanted to "leave this little window open" because he didn't know what might happen between now and the election, according to a story posted on the Philadelphia Inquirer Web site.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2005, 03:11:55 PM »

Santorum will appear on Inside Politics in just a few minutes to discuss his book/possible Presidential run.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2005, 03:24:03 PM »

"The door is shut but not locked."  Basically the same old stuff - He's not doing it at this point (what everyone says) but it's still a possibility.

A few days ago, thinking it was over, George Allen moved up to the number 1 spot on my list for 2008. Santorum is back at the top.
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2005, 04:06:52 PM »

Santorum would beat Hillary (no question in my mind), but I doubt he could beat Bayh or Warner.
Anyway, IDK what his 2008 ambitions are, but it's going to be a hot race.  Democrats better have a good rebuttal to Santorum's argument about running for the Senate whip (the Thune effect we possibly saw in SD last year).  They really need to talk up Casey (esp. as someone who'll have clout in the Senate), or this will be 2004 redux.
Casey, for example, could argue that he'll decrease Republican margins in the Senate which would require bipartisanship for any successful legislation, rather than having one party consistently passing stuff (like CAFTA and dark age energy bills).  With Santorum's new book, it's also going to be pivotal whether Casey will integrate "family" into his theme.  I've said it before:  This race is far from over.  But my guess right now:
Casey--52%
Santorum--47%.
This can change, espeically in Purple Pennsylvania.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2005, 04:11:26 PM »

Democrats better have a good rebuttal to Santorum's argument about running for the Senate whip (the Thune effect we possibly saw in SD last year).  They really need to talk up Casey (esp. as someone who'll have clout in the Senate), or this will be 2004 redux.

Yep. A Quinnipiac poll showed that 60% of Pennsylvania's feel Santorum's leadership position in the GOP is a good thing for PA. He'll use the point about running for whip to his advantage big time.

Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2011, 05:06:22 PM »

He wants to be President and everyone knows it. He might change his mind but if he plans to stick to this pledge, look for him to run in 2012 (if the Dems win in '08) or 2016.

Yeah.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2011, 05:19:00 PM »

Santorums going to have to battle Sarah Palin, Charlie Crist, Mike Pence, Mike Huckabee, and Jeb Bush for the nomination.....
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2011, 08:30:06 AM »

Santorums going to have to battle Sarah Palin, Charlie Crist, Mike Pence, Mike Huckabee, and Jeb Bush for the nomination.....

Don't forget Mark Sanford!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies