Sen. Santorum Will Not Run for President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:24:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Sen. Santorum Will Not Run for President
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Sen. Santorum Will Not Run for President  (Read 20097 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2005, 12:30:41 AM »

If he beats Casey he still would have a shot at the Veep slot.

McCain/Santorum, for instance.

I was thinking VP, too, but I doubt he'll take it. At this point, I guess he's hoping to run in 2012 (if a Dem gets elected) or in 2016. Eleven years from now he'll only be 58 years old.

If he loses his re-election bid (which is likely) then he willbasically be stuck
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2005, 12:35:56 AM »

I was thinking VP, too, but I doubt he'll take it. At this point, I guess he's hoping to run in 2012 (if a Dem gets elected) or in 2016. Eleven years from now he'll only be 58 years old.

If he loses his re-election bid (which is likely) then he willbasically be stuck

Shut up, hack. Like we haven't gone over that point already. You're so annoying.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2005, 12:40:46 AM »

Shut up, hack. Like we haven't gone over that point already. You're so annoying.

Someone is moody today...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2005, 12:42:39 AM »

Someone is being the brainless moron they always are...
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2005, 12:47:33 AM »

Your just bitter than more than likley your hero's political career is most likely  over  in less than 16 months
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2005, 12:49:46 AM »

It's not over 'til it's over.  That's something I learned last yr.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2005, 12:51:14 AM »

Your just bitter than more than likley your hero's political career is most likely  over  in less than 16 months

I can have a regular conversation with others about this, Smash. I'm angry because you're an idiot who resorts to nothing but partisan stupidity all the time.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2005, 12:52:54 AM »

I can have a regular conversation with others about this, Smash. I'm angry because you're an idiot who resorts to nothing but partisan stupidity all the time.

You were talking about his future if he wins re-election.  Even you have admitted Casey is likely to win the election.  So if we can talk about any future he may have if he wins, why can't we talk about the future he has if he loses (which is more likley to happen than a win)??
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2005, 12:54:14 AM »

You were talking about his future if he wins re-election.  Even you have admitted Casey is likely to win the election.  So if we can talk about any future he may have if he wins, why can't we talk about the future he has if he loses (which is more likley to happen than a win)??

Because we already discussed if he loses and you bring it up to throw more partisanship into this? Even after someone brings up the point, you still go after me.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2005, 12:58:00 AM »

Because we already discussed if he loses and you bring it up to throw more partisanship into this? Even after someone brings up the point, you still go after me.

So because we already discussed it, it has no merit??  Before this latest announcement how many times did we talk about a possible Presidential run if he won??    Anyway my post had nothing to do with you, I just quoted you because you were the last one to post on the subject, if you didn't post there I would have responded to AUH20 anyway
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2005, 01:01:23 AM »

So because we already discussed it, it has no merit??  Before this latest announcement how many times did we talk about a possible Presidential run if he won??    Anyway my post had nothing to do with you, I just quoted you because you were the last one to post on the subject, if you didn't post there I would have responded to AUH20 anyway

It has no merit when others brought it up the same way you did. We get the point, hack! You don't need to post the same exact thing again. You don't see someone post something about him running, then someone going against that point and then someone going against the point again.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2005, 01:06:41 AM »

It has no merit when others brought it up the same way you did. We get the point, hack! You don't need to post the same exact thing again. You don't see someone post something about him running, then someone going against that point and then someone going against the point again.

Again I'll bring up the point, how often was a possible Presidential run talked about on this board.  If we can talk about what could happen if someone wins, we can aslo talk about what can happen if they lose, especially in this case when he has a better chance of losing than winning.  Hell you even made a post (talking about an article) about him losing to run for Presiden.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2005, 01:09:59 AM »

Again I'll bring up the point, how often was a possible Presidential run talked about on this board.

But when we talk about that, we talk about the possible campaign. By saying, "Well he might lose so that ends it." we are discussing anything. We just bring it up and it's done. 

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And that has to do with him actually running! Saying he won't run can only mean one thing in a discussion: He's not running. That's it. Nothing to discuss. It was brought up before. Ok. We get it.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2005, 01:13:38 AM »

Idiots? That's rather unneccessary and adds nothing to the debate.

Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2005, 01:19:49 AM »

Again I'll bring up the point, how often was a possible Presidential run talked about on this board.

But when we talk about that, we talk about the possible campaign. By saying, "Well he might lose so that ends it." we are discussing anything. We just bring it up and it's done.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And that has to do with him actually running! Saying he won't run can only mean one thing in a discussion: He's not running. That's it. Nothing to discuss. It was brought up before. Ok. We get it.

Well I was actually going to add something to my post that I doubt  McCain would pick him as VP, I was having some comp problems & needed to reboot, so I just posted what I wrote & was going to comeback & add that to the post, but when I came back to do so you started attacking me, so I never brought that up
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2005, 02:24:31 AM »

First of all, even if Santorum loses in 2006, there is an open Senate race (presumably) and an open Governor's race (presumably) in 2010.  Does anyone really think that a man with two victories in statewide races would be impossible to sell as a candidate for either?  His career is not necessarily over.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2005, 05:56:13 AM »

Surely, were he to lose his Senate seat, it would diminish his prospects of running in 2008 anyway

Dave
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2005, 06:57:30 AM »

I was bored and put on FOX News to listen to when I woke up this morning and Santorum was on and said he wouldn't run in 2008 but he isn't ruling it out for a 2012 run.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2005, 03:50:32 PM »

First of all, even if Santorum loses in 2006, there is an open Senate race (presumably) and an open Governor's race (presumably) in 2010.  Does anyone really think that a man with two victories in statewide races would be impossible to sell as a candidate for either?  His career is not necessarily over.

If Santorum loses next year and Rendell wins, Santorum will be the frontrunner for Governor in 2010. He could run for Senate again but if he's trying to set up for a Presidential run down the road, Governor would be his best bet. He'll have many options. Plus, we also have to remember that Bush might appoint him to some position.
skybridge
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2005, 03:54:02 PM »

Aren't you glad Santorum isn't running?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2005, 03:54:26 PM »

Aren't you glad Santorum isn't running?

Funny...  Roll Eyes
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2005, 04:01:02 PM »

I hope he wouldn't run at all, but everyone knows he's going to.  Be it in 2008 or later, he's going to run; it's a given, just like Hillary.

And a sad day it would be if he actually became our president.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2005, 06:33:55 PM »

I'm halfway through the Hannity and Colmes interview with Santorum from last night (I recorded it) and I'm not convinced that he won't run. He says that a Presidential campaign is "not impossible." He just doesn't "intend to run."

If he wins next year, he's going to be thinking about it. Suddenly, he might "intend" to do something different.
skybridge
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2005, 06:43:08 PM »

I'm halfway through the Hannity and Colmes interview with Santorum from last night (I recorded it) and I'm not convinced that he won't run. He says that a Presidential campaign is "not impossible." He just doesn't "intend to run."

If he wins next year, he's going to be thinking about it. Suddenly, he might "intend" to do something different.

But wouldn't it be great if he didn't?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2005, 07:12:20 PM »

But wouldn't it be great if he didn't?

Wouldn't it be great if you stopped talking?HuhHuhHuh Smiley

Well as I said on the other page, Santorum said this morning on FOX news that he wouldn't run in 2008 but he isn't ruling it out in the future.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies