Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 18, 2014, 11:39:54 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2008 Elections
| | |-+  Sen. Santorum Will Not Run for President
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Sen. Santorum Will Not Run for President  (Read 7222 times)
skybridge
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2005, 05:22:35 am »
Ignore

I'm halfway through the Hannity and Colmes interview with Santorum from last night (I recorded it) and I'm not convinced that he won't run. He says that a Presidential campaign is "not impossible." He just doesn't "intend to run."

If he wins next year, he's going to be thinking about it. Suddenly, he might "intend" to do something different.

But wouldn't it be great if he didn't?

Wouldn't it be great if you stopped talking?HuhHuhHuh Smiley

Well, if you still have to attack me personally...

Elitist Northern Liberal.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2005, 06:06:12 am »
Ignore

If he runs, he runs and if he doesn't, he doesn't

Dave

Moderate Liberal Populist Smiley [Personal 45%/Economic 42%] / Defense 'Hawk'

Registered in Georgia for Fantasy Politics
MasterJedi
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: 6.43

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2005, 06:47:55 am »
Ignore

I'm halfway through the Hannity and Colmes interview with Santorum from last night (I recorded it) and I'm not convinced that he won't run. He says that a Presidential campaign is "not impossible." He just doesn't "intend to run."

If he wins next year, he's going to be thinking about it. Suddenly, he might "intend" to do something different.

But wouldn't it be great if he didn't?

Wouldn't it be great if you stopped talking?HuhHuhHuh Smiley

Well, if you still have to attack me personally...

No you were just trying to bait Phil into giving a response, which is why I said that. I'll admit I have absolutly no respect for you but I'm not going to attack you personally.

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2005, 09:37:36 am »
Ignore

No you were just trying to bait Phil into giving a response

Exactly. Those that seek trouble will find it.

Never any doubt.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2005, 01:37:42 am »
Ignore

I told you it's not dead yet...

From grassrootspa.com

Two days after saying he had no intention of running for president in 2008, Republican Sen. Rick Santorum said Wednesday there was a slight possibility he could run after all.

"There's a remote chance that that could change, but that's not my intention," Santorum told The Associated Press between television rounds to promote his new book, "It Takes a Family."

Separately, he said he wanted to "leave this little window open" because he didn't know what might happen between now and the election, according to a story posted on the Philadelphia Inquirer Web site.

Never any doubt.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2005, 03:11:55 pm »
Ignore

Santorum will appear on Inside Politics in just a few minutes to discuss his book/possible Presidential run.

Never any doubt.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2005, 03:24:03 pm »
Ignore

"The door is shut but not locked."  Basically the same old stuff - He's not doing it at this point (what everyone says) but it's still a possibility.

A few days ago, thinking it was over, George Allen moved up to the number 1 spot on my list for 2008. Santorum is back at the top.

Never any doubt.
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2005, 04:06:52 pm »
Ignore

Santorum would beat Hillary (no question in my mind), but I doubt he could beat Bayh or Warner.
Anyway, IDK what his 2008 ambitions are, but it's going to be a hot race.  Democrats better have a good rebuttal to Santorum's argument about running for the Senate whip (the Thune effect we possibly saw in SD last year).  They really need to talk up Casey (esp. as someone who'll have clout in the Senate), or this will be 2004 redux.
Casey, for example, could argue that he'll decrease Republican margins in the Senate which would require bipartisanship for any successful legislation, rather than having one party consistently passing stuff (like CAFTA and dark age energy bills).  With Santorum's new book, it's also going to be pivotal whether Casey will integrate "family" into his theme.  I've said it before:  This race is far from over.  But my guess right now:
Casey--52%
Santorum--47%.
This can change, espeically in Purple Pennsylvania.

Democrats: The more effective evil
http://www.blackagendareport.com/content/why-barack-obama-more-effective-evil

Shirtless beer pong, brah, with brObama's speechwriter

Bros before hoes, brah
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2005, 04:11:26 pm »
Ignore

Democrats better have a good rebuttal to Santorum's argument about running for the Senate whip (the Thune effect we possibly saw in SD last year).  They really need to talk up Casey (esp. as someone who'll have clout in the Senate), or this will be 2004 redux.

Yep. A Quinnipiac poll showed that 60% of Pennsylvania's feel Santorum's leadership position in the GOP is a good thing for PA. He'll use the point about running for whip to his advantage big time.

Never any doubt.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2011, 05:06:22 pm »
Ignore

He wants to be President and everyone knows it. He might change his mind but if he plans to stick to this pledge, look for him to run in 2012 (if the Dems win in '08) or 2016.

Yeah.
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2011, 05:19:00 pm »
Ignore

Santorums going to have to battle Sarah Palin, Charlie Crist, Mike Pence, Mike Huckabee, and Jeb Bush for the nomination.....

A Hybrid of Pat Buchanan and Bob Dylan.
Bacon King
Moderators
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2011, 08:30:06 am »
Ignore

Santorums going to have to battle Sarah Palin, Charlie Crist, Mike Pence, Mike Huckabee, and Jeb Bush for the nomination.....

Don't forget Mark Sanford!

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout