BREAKING: Trump Considering Mobilizing 100K in Nat'l Guard to Deport Illegals
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:21:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Trump Considering Mobilizing 100K in Nat'l Guard to Deport Illegals
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: BREAKING: Trump Considering Mobilizing 100K in Nat'l Guard to Deport Illegals  (Read 2292 times)
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2017, 02:09:31 PM »

I'm not necessarily opposed to this. They did break the law and in a sense, we do need to enforce the law.
You are disgusting.  

No not really, because again, rule of law. It's not how I would do things but its not the worst thing ever. If we allow anyone to cross the border and there are no consequences, why have an immigrant quota? Asking the National Guard to enforce the law isn't a horrible thing.

Trump is terrible on this because he doesn't understand that we need more high skilled workers and a wall is ineffective. not necessarily because enforcing the law is a bad thing.

I mean I get where your coming from but Latinos are the biggest minority in America and this could power them to come out and vote/participate thus blocking the GOP out for a generation.

-You learned nothing from November 8. And the biggest minority in America is actually men.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2017, 05:22:36 PM »

If the reactions to the deportations over criminals like Guadalupe Garcia garner that much anger and resistance, than such a force might be necessary to remove the most concerning elements of the illegal population. I hope this will at least be a good pretext for further draw-downs in Afghanistan.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2017, 12:11:36 AM »

The Posse Comitatus Act makes using the National Guard this way illegal. This ain't happening.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2017, 06:27:42 AM »

I'd like to see Trump get deported.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2017, 08:47:11 AM »

The Posse Comitatus Act makes using the National Guard this way illegal. This ain't happening.

Because fake president Pussygrabber has demonstrated so much respect for the law and Constitution in his career so far?

It may not happen, but only because the state governs will revolt if the Trump regime tries it and because Pussygrabber and his cabal of brain-damaged plunder monkeys are probably too incompetent to get it organized.

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2017, 09:13:27 AM »

Now that I've had a chance to think on it, there might be a way he could do it legally, just not nationwide. There are some exceptions to the Posse Comitatus Act when local officials are blocking Federal ones from effectively doing their jobs. So at the very least, Trump could make a case for sending the Guard into the sanctuary cities. Might not hold up, but it wouldn't be as laughable as his immigration EO.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2017, 10:44:33 AM »

Given the template style media machine we are living in, the bs train cannot stop.

All aboard!

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies