Mark Cuban for the Democrats? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:40:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Mark Cuban for the Democrats? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mark Cuban for the Democrats?  (Read 1374 times)
Progressive
jro660

« on: February 17, 2017, 10:14:19 PM »

Could he turn something gimmicky into a real campaign? Especially if it began as addressing the core Democratic base voters? Criminal justice reform, bringing back jobs, student debt, etc?
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 10:19:17 PM »

He's trolling Trump now. Idk...I feel like it could be real
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 10:54:04 PM »

He's an atheist who named his boat after an Ayn Rand novel. Come on.

He's not who I'd want, but, Idk....things seem crazy these days and I'm sure people said the same stuff about Trump.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 08:14:48 AM »

He's an atheist who named his boat after an Ayn Rand novel. Come on.

He's not who I'd want, but, Idk....things seem crazy these days and I'm sure people said the same stuff about Trump.

"But Trump" by itself is not a valid argument. The basis of it seems to be that since Trump won the nomination and election 2016 every single nomination and election from hereon out will work THE EXACT SAME WAY.
That's funny, because for about 4 years, the vast majority of people on this forum believed that the Midwest would continue to be Democrat for the foreseeable future, and the entire rest of the country would slowly shift blue. Let's not act like this sort of behavior is precedented.

Right and again, I'm not advocating for him, to be clear. But I just feel like an underwhelming Democratic field could yield to someone like Cuban who can just project views that would score him points with key demographics and if the media wants to cover him, who knows, maybe he really does have a shot.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 08:06:45 AM »

Would have to throw out the Bernie voters, but if he ran as a centrist technocrat in the general, he could easily peel off a good 25% of Republican voters who are disgusted with Trump. I'm in favor of anything that makes the Marxist wing of the Democrat party as irrelevant as possible.

Are the Bernie voters *really* looking for ideological purity? How many would support Tulsi Gabbard despite a long record of "impure" political positions?
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 09:29:07 PM »

PPP

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies