The "I'm Sorry" Rant
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:50:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The "I'm Sorry" Rant
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The "I'm Sorry" Rant  (Read 10458 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2006, 04:11:57 PM »

My description of those who conceived of and participated in the "I'm Sorry Rant"

A bunch of imbecillic,  idiotic, foolish, silly, senseless, witless, ridiculous, ludicrous, absurd, deluded, brain dead morons. 
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2006, 11:56:29 PM »

If anyone shouls be appologizing...it should be the Democratic Party. ANYONE could have beat Bush...except John Kerry.

Are you sure about ANYONE? Smiley

yeah Vlad, opebo v. George Bush Tongue

At least I can count on opebo to be a lame liberal who blames the system without taking into account that some people are just to stupid to function under it.  John Kerry had a new lame-ass moderately-liberal-conservative-populist platform everytime he took the stafe.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2006, 07:14:10 PM »

If anyone shouls be appologizing...it should be the Democratic Party. ANYONE could have beat Bush...except John Kerry.

That's easy to say now, but John Kerry stood a very good chance of winning throughout the election.  It was never a decided win for Bush during the campaign.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2006, 09:44:07 PM »

That's easy to say now, but John Kerry stood a very good chance of winning throughout the election.  It was never a decided win for Bush during the campaign.

I agree, Ebowed.  I don't think it's true that any other Democrat could have beaten Bush.  Most Democrats who could have gotten the nomination had Kerry not run probably could not have beaten Bush.  Though Kerry, of course, was saddled with a lot of contradictory positions that made him look terribly weak, such as running as the anti-war candidate who had voted in favor of the Iraq war.  It's pretty difficult to respect someone like that.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2006, 10:25:39 AM »

had anyone noticed such a craze, they might comment.  I know of only one time making a statement even remotely related to expressing sorrow, but it was to another US citizen, a Puertorican, in Puerto Rico, on a dive boat just off the coast of La Parguerra, and it was before the 2004 election.  I'd commented that "...it ought to be a national humiliation that the best we could find, among our 293 million citizens, to compete to be our national CEO were George Bush and Albert Gore.  The guy laughed and said he agreed, after which time I explained that I'd voted for a third-party candidate in 2000 myself.  I was apologizing for nothing, but merely commenting on the state of American Politics at the time.   Of course by November 2004 I'd warmed up to Bush a bit and certainly see no need for anyone who voted for Bush to apoligize for it.  And if you voted for Kerry, there's even less reason to apoligize for Bush.  Just not seeing that craze among anyone I know, but then except for myself and my uncle Ronnie from San Jose, all my friends and family voted for someone other than Bush.  Maybe I should hang out with more Bushies.  But really the few of them I've met aren't showing any signs of saying "sorry" either. 

Of course I've read about a million editorials and opinion pieces that say Bush ought to apologize.  To many people and for many things.  Just yesterday in the NY Times (canada edition) Bob Herbert excoriates Bush and his "arrogant staff" for causing morale to detiorate in the US Army and says, in no uncertain terms, that he is not Reagan's ideological heir in a piece entitled "Vietnam lessons unlearned."  But that's another issue I think.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2006, 03:32:45 PM »

I apologize for not even trying to assassinate Bush when he was in my country.
I will do better with Hesse state minister for higher education Udo Corts when I'll meet him face-to-face in september, I promise.

Okay, so I don't promise. And I don't apologize. But I do dislike Corts as much as Bush.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2006, 12:42:14 PM »

There's nothing to apologize for.  He's better than Kerry.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies