NY Times: Trump campaign aides had repeated contacts with Russian intelligence
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:32:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NY Times: Trump campaign aides had repeated contacts with Russian intelligence
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: NY Times: Trump campaign aides had repeated contacts with Russian intelligence  (Read 7047 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2017, 04:46:50 PM »

Any Republican who still supports Trump and wishes him to remain president is doing so only for partisan reasons.

To continue to support a man with reported Russian collaboration during the election is nothing short of anti-Americanism. You are unpatriotic if you like Trump. There is absolutely nothing about him that is in line with the things we pride ourselves on as a nation.

I want whatever you have been smoking.

Living in fantasy land.

Just reacting patriotically to the news. But I suppose you think it's fake.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2017, 05:18:18 PM »

I don't think anything.

Just woke up and having breakfast. My brain wont start working until the 3rd cup of coffee.

I wake up and try and search through the Atlas forum for signs of intelligent discussion to stimulate my neurons.

Sill, I have to give you credit where it's due. Your posts are better (and more informative) than morning television news.

It's amazing to read the real opinions of these news items to gauge (as you said) the mood of the US people.

Never a boring moment with these threads.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2017, 05:38:43 PM »

US allies in Europe are spying on Trump-world’s communications with Russia, among other countries:

http://www.newsweek.com/allies-intercept-russia-trump-adviser-communications-557283

You must be logged in to read this quote.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2017, 09:32:39 PM »

I was disgusted by Romney and supported Obama over him; I'm not some kind of blind partisan. The key matter in 2016 that made it different from 2012 was Scalia's death.
That's easy for you to say now, since you've only been on the forum a little over a month.  But frankly, given what you have posted in your short time here, I don't believe you.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2017, 10:04:59 PM »
« Edited: February 15, 2017, 10:11:41 PM by Eharding »

I was disgusted by Romney and supported Obama over him; I'm not some kind of blind partisan. The key matter in 2016 that made it different from 2012 was Scalia's death.
That's easy for you to say now, since you've only been on the forum a little over a month.  But frankly, given what you have posted in your short time here, I don't believe you.

-I'm pretty sure I wrote a Disqus comment in 2012 2013 as evidence. But, as Disqus has no search function, what's the point of me going back to try to find it?

Edit: found it!

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2013/04/12/its-easy-if-you-try/#comment-862488236

You will not find a word I wrote in either 2011 or 2012 in support of Willard Mitt Romney.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2017, 07:27:37 AM »

Eharding,

I'm just curious. What, if anything, would cause you to stop supporting Trump?

If the now known repeated communication with Russia during the campaign doesn't bother you, what will? What if it came out that his team was directly involved in the Russian hacks, which we also know occurred? Would you not consider it treasonous?
And what do you suppose his campaigns frequent contact with Russia during the course of the election was about, if not something to do with hacking our system? They weren't just exchanging recipes. What else would it be? Please humor me.

Will he have to be accused of rape and sexual misconduct before your support wavers?
Against an underage child?
Those accusations exist.

Would appointing under qualified cabinet officials do anything for you?
.Betsy DeVos.

Or him using his position to further his own, and his children's, brands? Because that is happening.

There has to be something that would even make you vote against him in the next election. I refuse to believe an educated voter in this country would have no moral reservations considering any of the above.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2017, 08:41:14 AM »

Eharding,

I'm just curious. What, if anything, would cause you to stop supporting Trump?

If the now known repeated communication with Russia during the campaign doesn't bother you, what will? What if it came out that his team was directly involved in the Russian hacks, which we also know occurred? Would you not consider it treasonous?
And what do you suppose his campaigns frequent contact with Russia during the course of the election was about, if not something to do with hacking our system? They weren't just exchanging recipes. What else would it be? Please humor me.

Will he have to be accused of rape and sexual misconduct before your support wavers?
Against an underage child?
Those accusations exist.

Would appointing under qualified cabinet officials do anything for you?
.Betsy DeVos.

Or him using his position to further his own, and his children's, brands? Because that is happening.

There has to be something that would even make you vote against him in the next election. I refuse to believe an educated voter in this country would have no moral reservations considering any of the above.

-As I've told you, my worries aren't that Trump might be too pro-Russian (lol), but anti-Russian. Sure, lots of things could cause me to stop supporting Trump. Him transforming into John McCain is one. Opening up the borders is another (but I repeat myself). Him appointing liberal justices to the Supreme Court would cause massive disillusionment if it happens.

How would direct involvement in hacks be "treasonous"? It would be illegal, and I then think the Trump administration should face the same penalty as any other hacker. But that's obviously not going to happen, since the Trump administration had no direct involvement in the hacks.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2017, 09:57:58 AM »

Congressmen Beyer and Lieu have developed a resource guide to help Federal Employees legally leak

Freedom Fighters!
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2017, 10:27:26 AM »

In this case, literally.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2017, 05:34:01 PM »

The military-industrial complex will Allende him at this rate. They are at war with their own President. I'd end it with "Sad!" if it weren't so frightening.

Weird how you and your compatriots didn't blink at the Comey letter, but now that Trump is on the line you're frightened. Oops!
Weird how you and your little Eichmanns frightened Democratic youth didn't blink at allegations over Clinton whoring out her position as Secretary of State, but are frothing at the mouth over the media's illegal use of leaks in pursuit of a story that isn't that big of a controversy. Who cares if he promised to end the sanctions on Russia? They should be ended. Russia isn't the problem in the world right now. The only thing Flynn is guilty of is lying and embarrassing the President, and for that he was rightfully sacked.

Just like Obama rightfully pulled back Daschle, Judd, and Richardson, for that matter. He didn't know about their various issues. They lied to him about it. They embarrassed him, they had their names pulled, and Obama got better appointees afterwards anyway. There is no story here, and there is no "Watergate" connection what-so-ever, but don't tell CNN that. They need the ratings.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2017, 09:44:29 PM »

Time Magazine talks to a “senior White House official” who says that Trump is “not aware” of any effort by Putin to subvert democracy in any European countries:

http://time.com/4672985/moscow-russia-us-politics/

A senior NSC official also says that Trump has “no plans” to endorse Montenegro’s membership in NATO.  Montenegro signed accession documents to join NATO last year, and 24 of NATO’s 28 members have agreed to let it in, and the US is one of the remaining holdouts.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2017, 10:08:00 PM »

Time Magazine talks to a “senior White House official” who says that Trump is “not aware” of any effort by Putin to subvert democracy in any European countries:

http://time.com/4672985/moscow-russia-us-politics/

A senior NSC official also says that Trump has “no plans” to endorse Montenegro’s membership in NATO.  Montenegro signed accession documents to join NATO last year, and 24 of NATO’s 28 members have agreed to let it in, and the US is one of the remaining holdouts.

Ironically, Flynn was backing their entrance to NATO just a week before he was fired.

I'm not claiming a connection, it's just interesting he would say so publically. Then again, everyone has three different stories on what Trump thinks on any single matter
Fusionmunster

« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2017, 10:09:44 PM »

Why didnt Obama sign off on Montenegro?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies