Glenn Greenwald: Empowering Deep State is prescription for destroying democracy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:35:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Glenn Greenwald: Empowering Deep State is prescription for destroying democracy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Glenn Greenwald: Empowering Deep State is prescription for destroying democracy  (Read 948 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2017, 04:12:23 PM »

Greenwald is a Putin and Assad apologist. I don't give his opinions of democracy much credence.
I hope you're not willing to dismiss the premise of an entire argument and go supporting "the deep state" because you didn't like the messenger.

Well, the problem here is Trump.  Trump is the most immediate threat to democracy (as well as to peace, public safety, etc.).  It is not a good situation that we are in where we are relying on the "deep state" to check and balance Donald Trump, but it is the situation we are in.  In a functioning democracy, where you had a president and a majority party that respected the rule of law and believed in good governance, you wouldn't need the "deep state" to intervene, but instead we have Trump and the modern GOP.

Few journalists (with the exception of those at Breitbart and Fox News or whatever) did more to get Trump elected than Greenwald, so I'm not going to place much credibility in his cry crocodile tears about the "deep state" now that he's gotten his fascist elected.

I sometimes wonder is that isn't supposed to be the point of Trump in someone's mind: to teach both the populist and anarchist right along with the far left that radicals (of any stripe) = bad, and the Establishment and Deep State = good.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies