CPAC: Milo disinvited, quits Breitbart
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:20:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CPAC: Milo disinvited, quits Breitbart
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Author Topic: CPAC: Milo disinvited, quits Breitbart  (Read 26153 times)
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: February 21, 2017, 09:48:10 PM »

Wow Pete is actually indirectly negatively attacking a group that publicized the videos. As if they did a bad thing instead of a public service. I see there's no low for the alt white nationalist right. Even pedophilia.

We can laugh at the absurdity of how this came to light while also recognizing that what Milo said was legit messed up.

The Reagan Battalion is a conservative group who used the power of Google to bring down a pedophilia apologist. Good for then I say.
EnglishPete

« Reply #201 on: February 21, 2017, 09:51:39 PM »

Wow Pete is actually indirectly negatively attacking a group that publicized the videos. As if they did a bad thing instead of a public service. I see there's no low for the alt white nationalist right. Even pedophilia.

We can laugh at the absurdity of how this came to light while also recognizing that what Milo said was legit messed up.
No doubt Milo said some messed up things, apparently in talking about his own experience. However to claim that he is a pedo apologist and then to affect a nauseatingly disingenuous pose of shocked outrage over this claim is frankly contemptible.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #202 on: February 21, 2017, 09:54:51 PM »

Agreed
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #203 on: February 21, 2017, 09:58:40 PM »

(You heard a lot less from Glenn Beck after he left Fox News)
That was back in 2011 when the media was still dominated more by TV broadcasting than by the internet. Different media world now.

main reason tucker carlson left his homepage the first chance he get, to host a new FOX NEWS show. Tongue
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #204 on: February 21, 2017, 10:00:48 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2017, 10:03:02 PM by TD »

No doubt Milo said some messed up things, apparently in talking about his own experience. However to claim that he is a pedo apologist and then to affect a nauseatingly disingenuous pose of shocked outrage over this claim is frankly contemptible.

How should one react to a pedophilia apologist? Shower him with flowers? Of course I'm mocking him as a disgusting creature saving his own hide as people discover his contemptible history.

“Messed up things,” meaning the repeated apologia of man-child love? I can post transcripts if you're unclear on the “messed up things.” They're strikingly a good definition of pedophilia apologism.

Also an unreconstructed alt right figure like yourself holding contempt for me suggests I'm definitely taking the right position here. Good to know.

I'm sure we'll see you around these parts again the next time an alt right figure faces disgrace for his moral turpitude. Shouldn't be too long, though.

Ta.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #205 on: February 21, 2017, 10:05:40 PM »

When someone condones sex between, "younger boys and older men,' that should set off alarm bells, period.

And no, he wasn't just talking about himself. He said within the gay community itself. You're trying too f**king hard to apologize for someone who did sh*t for you.
EnglishPete

« Reply #206 on: February 21, 2017, 10:28:44 PM »

When someone condones sex between, "younger boys and older men,' that should set off alarm bells, period.

And no, he wasn't just talking about himself. He said within the gay community itself. You're trying too f**king hard to apologize for someone who did sh*t for you.
Yes that's pretty ed up comments. He now says that the reference to "boys" refers to young men over the age of consent (which I suppose would be analogous to the way straight men will  often refer to full grown women as 'girls'). This explanation is still a bit fcked up in my view but its not illegal or being a pedo apologist (although clearly he is a damaged person).

I'm bringing this up not for the sake of Milo, who will be fine career wise, but because this is clearly part of a concerted effort on the part of the Democrats and the McMuffin gang to attack prominent supporters of Trump (apparently Gavin McInnes is rumoured next in line for the media outrage machine) as part of a general anti Trump campaign.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #207 on: February 21, 2017, 10:32:20 PM »

Milo is now an utter HP in my book. His comments were disgusting and his response to his own scandal has been extremely disturbing and lacking.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #208 on: February 21, 2017, 10:56:09 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2017, 11:08:37 PM by Confused Democrat »

I recommend people listen to the Drunken Peasants' perspective on this matter, since they're the ones who gave the interview. Pretty interesting.

https://youtu.be/jqly40FNTgo?t=10m13s

EnglishPete

« Reply #209 on: February 22, 2017, 04:52:18 AM »

Wow. TD's disingenuousness here is so transparent.

Truth hurts, huh? Nice schtick though. Either way, carry on, with the whole implied “Milo is wronged” schtick though.
Not a question of him being 'wronged'. He said some offensive sh**t and he's taking the consequences of that. Its true that some people have taken the opportunity to present his meaning as being much worse than it was but that's just the way it is. He'll be fine careerwise.

What is appalling about what you have said is the cynical disingenuousness that is so transparent in the tone of your posts. The fact that you are adopting such a tone when discussing child abuse really doesn't speak well of your character.
EnglishPete

« Reply #210 on: February 22, 2017, 11:25:37 AM »

Interesting take on these events from Roosh V, who of course went through a similar media frenzy a few years ago when the media falsely labelled him a 'rape apologist'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuI3RpeZcc8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emLMq1AqvY0
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #211 on: February 22, 2017, 12:00:47 PM »

Interesting take on these events from Roosh V, who of course went through a similar media frenzy a few years ago when the media falsely labelled him a 'rape apologist'

Roosh V - 'Make rape legal if done on private property. I propose that we make the violent taking of a woman not punishable by law when done off public grounds. If rape becomes legal under my proposal, a girl will protect her body in the same manner that she protects her purse and smartphone.'

What won't you be an apologist for EnglishPete?

EnglishPete

« Reply #212 on: February 22, 2017, 12:16:13 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2017, 12:19:01 PM by EnglishPete »

Roosh V - 'Make rape legal if done on private property. I propose that we make the violent taking of a woman not punishable by law when done off public grounds. If rape becomes legal under my proposal, a girl will protect her body in the same manner that she protects her purse and smartphone.'

And if you had read the whole article you would realise that it was a satire, a satire that was deliberately misrepresented by big media corporations as a means of attacking the author.

http://www.rooshv.com/how-to-stop-rape

Perhaps you might react the same way to someone quoting Jonathan Swift "You're advocating for VILE CANNIBALISM ADVOCATE Jonathan Swift!! How low can you go??!!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Modest_Proposal
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #213 on: February 22, 2017, 12:33:24 PM »

And if you had read the whole article you would realise that it was a satire, a satire that was deliberately misrepresented by big media corporations as a means of attacking the author.

http://www.rooshv.com/how-to-stop-rape

Perhaps you might react the same way to someone quoting Jonathan Swift "You're advocating for VILE CANNIBALISM ADVOCATE Jonathan Swift!! How low can you go??!!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Modest_Proposal

Oh it was a satire? A BBC documentary with Reggie Yates in 2011 was satire? His 'When No Means Yes' is satire?

This article from renowned left wing paper, the Daily Mail which notes that he admitted acts that would be considered rape is just satire?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3439840/Return-Kings-founder-Daryush-Roosh-Valizadeh-admits-considered-rape-deleted-post.html

Or any of these;

“All women are worthless dirty whores”

“My default opinion of any girl I meet is ‘she is a worthless dirty whore until proven otherwise’. When so many girls have opened their legs up for me so quickly and easily, it’s hard for me to respect them.

I do not feel any closer to a girl when I pump her, and most of the time I respect her less because my opinion of her as a worthless dirty whore who probably likes being choked was proven correct.”

“You should fantasize about choking girls”

“The more worthless you think of the female species and the less you fantasize about your dream girl, the more likely you will find and successfully game her. The fantasy you should have to get your ideal girl should be choking and butt-f***ing her, not having a romantic walk with her on a beautiful beach underneath a full moon.”

“Men must make all the decisions for women”

“Systems must now be put in place where a woman’s behaviour is monitored and her decisions subject to approval of a male relative or a guardian who understands what’s in her best interests better than she does herself.”

Again, why are you apologising for a rape apologist/rapist? Please bear in mind the gravity of your response to this.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #214 on: February 22, 2017, 03:19:28 PM »

Roosh has been slowly morphing into a rural Afghan or Pakistani Islamic cleric over the years:

Roosh: women should not be educated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-oXLuSlKqM&t=132s
Roosh:  fornication ruins women, and makes them unfit to be wifes and mothers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24hRIKfBk60&t=52s (go to 19:32)

And no, the beard isn't helping matters.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #215 on: February 22, 2017, 03:21:19 PM »

WHAAAT...wasn't roosh one of those cheesy pick-up artists slash misogynists?
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #216 on: February 22, 2017, 03:26:21 PM »

Is literally everyone in the alt right a terrible person? You'd think there'd be at least one token decent one.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #217 on: February 22, 2017, 03:30:07 PM »

Is literally everyone in the alt right a terrible person? You'd think there'd be at least one token decent one.

That's what differentiates the alt-right from Fascism. At least the Fascists had Rommel.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #218 on: February 22, 2017, 03:31:36 PM »

they are not but they are famous for trying to be mean.
EnglishPete

« Reply #219 on: February 22, 2017, 04:07:27 PM »

This article from renowned left wing paper, the Daily Mail
The Daily Mail, are you sh**tting me? I was unable to verify of find sources for those Daily Mail quotes. Given the Mail's terrible reputation even by the low standards of the UK newspaper industry today I'm afraid that didn't surprise me.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #220 on: February 22, 2017, 04:17:38 PM »

What would you consider to be an appropriate source?
Because everyone outside of the manosphere (and a lot of manospherians) know that Roosh was 100% serious
EnglishPete

« Reply #221 on: February 22, 2017, 04:35:48 PM »

Because everyone outside of the manosphere (and a lot of manospherians) know that Roosh was 100% serious
The references to him being accused of being a 'rape denier' that I've seen seem to center around the "How to stop rape" article. Reading that article its pretty clear that it was satirical. I'm not familiar with his writings on his whole PUA thing, that's never been something I've been into. If you've got evidence of him being a rape apologist/rapist I'll look at it.

An appropriate source would not be a newspaper. Verifiable primary sources would be appropriate sources if you can provide links.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #222 on: February 22, 2017, 04:38:05 PM »

The references to him being accused of being a 'rape denier' that I've seen seem to center around the "How to stop rape" article. Reading that article its pretty clear that it was satirical. I'm not familiar with his writings on his whole PUA thing, that's never been something I've been into. If you've got evidence of him being a rape apologist/rapist I'll look at it.

An appropriate source would not be a newspaper. Verifiable primary sources would be appropriate sources if you can provide links.

When do you go to sleep so I can start posting again?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #223 on: February 22, 2017, 04:51:56 PM »

I will, genuinely, devote time to finding screen grabs through web archive (as he tends to delete everything) this weekend. If I do this, and post them, do you promise to accept the premise and then leave? Because I'm not wasting my time on this again.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #224 on: February 22, 2017, 04:52:17 PM »

Pretty great piece by Sam Kriss on Milo:

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/the-sad-truth-about-milo-yiannopoulos
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies