CPAC: Milo disinvited, quits Breitbart
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:46:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CPAC: Milo disinvited, quits Breitbart
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]
Author Topic: CPAC: Milo disinvited, quits Breitbart  (Read 26149 times)
EnglishPete

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: March 03, 2017, 08:28:06 AM »

Interesting article here on Parallels between Milo and St Francis of Assisi

You must be logged in to read this quote.
https://fencingbearatprayer.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/kung-fu-milo.html

I am getting some flak from my colleagues in academia for this particular comparison. Of course, I do not mean that Milo is the Second Coming of Christ. Duh. What I meant was--and said in the original post--was that Milo is sincere when he says he is a Catholic, and that as a Catholic he understands his ultimate model to be Christ. Whether he himself is conscious of the parallels I saw between his going on his campus tour and the way in which Jesus traveled round the country, I don't know. (He didn't share Kung Fu Milo on his Facebook page, which makes me think I embarrassed him a little bit, although as his fans know, Milo doesn't embarrass easily.) Certainly, however, Francis saw the parallels in what he was doing--quite purposefully.

Let me say this again so everybody in the back can hear me: I do not think Milo is Christ. What I do think is that he, like Francis, is attempting to live out the imitation of Christ, as in fact every Christian should. (It's hard to get perfect, but then only Jesus was--is God.)[/quote]
https://fencingbearatprayer.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/gods-fools.html
EnglishPete

« Reply #276 on: March 04, 2017, 02:48:16 PM »
« Edited: March 04, 2017, 02:51:22 PM by EnglishPete »

The University of Glasgow has announced the list of candidates nominated for the position of Rector. This is a senior, but often largely ceremonial, position in certain Scottish Universities that is elected by the Student body every three years. Its usual for a celebrity or public figure to hold the office

You must be logged in to read this quote.
https://twitter.com/UofGlasgow/status/837775365347151872

The University feminist society is predictably triggered by this and are saying they will boycott the election if Milo is not disqualified

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jamieross/people-want-to-disqualify-milo-yiannopoulos-from-being-elect
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #277 on: March 04, 2017, 02:51:01 PM »

Snowden is the current rector, so no real surprise here.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #278 on: March 04, 2017, 03:07:22 PM »

English Pete is definitely Milo Yiannopolous trolling this forum.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #279 on: March 04, 2017, 03:11:27 PM »

Pete continually bumping this thread to say "See!? SEE?!? MILO ISN'T DEAD YOU LIBTAR S Sad(((("

Sad!
EnglishPete

« Reply #280 on: March 04, 2017, 03:16:39 PM »

English Pete is definitely Milo Yiannopolous trolling this forum.
Flatterer
EnglishPete

« Reply #281 on: March 04, 2017, 03:19:02 PM »

Pete continually bumping this thread to say "See!? SEE?!? MILO ISN'T DEAD YOU LIBTAR S Sad(((("

Sad!
You're free to ignore the topic if it doesn't interest you.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #282 on: March 06, 2017, 12:29:22 AM »

Pete's overt sympathy for rapists and pedophiles is highly disturbing.

Of course Pete himself is rather disturbed. That's why he wearing tin foil to prevent leftists from reading his thoughts you know.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #283 on: March 06, 2017, 01:16:14 AM »

Milo is now the new Literally Who
EnglishPete

« Reply #284 on: March 06, 2017, 03:25:08 AM »

Pete's overt sympathy for rapists and pedophiles is highly disturbing.

Of course Pete himself is rather disturbed. That's why he wearing tin foil to prevent leftists from reading his thoughts you know.

This post from badger is a perfect example of what I was talking about in this post I wrote above

may i ask, out of curiousity, if you ever think "oh, this reaction is not what i intended, i should change course"? Smiley
Of sure, often. But if I get a negative reply then whether that's a bad thing, a neutral thing or a good thing can depend who who is making the reply and why. If you look at the below quoted post TD explains himself why he's saying what he's saying

What can you expect from a bigot who wants to defend Milo Yiannopoulos but knows it's too impolitic to do so, so he finds other targets to get around that Milo is pond scum and is rightfully disgraced? Remember he came pretty close to rape/pedophilia apologia here and "denounced" it only because a mod asked him. Pete has demonstrated anti-Muslim bigotry and his writings imply he's a virulent white nationalist who hates the current prevailing paradigm of welcoming diversity.  There's no point in engaging him because he believes his sources are impeccable and refuses to acknowledge your sources are anything but the fevered dreams of angry leftists. (All of this alt-right behavior, by the way, has a strong racial component and white nationalist basis. It's not found in other areas of the ideological spectrum).

Pete is pretty deplorable. We need to appellate the same thing we do for Krazen and say "Stop feeding the Stormfront troll" in the threads he starts or tries to bait other posters in. Mockery or reminding others that engaging him is a waste of time is the best way to handle him.

In other words he starts out with mockery and attempted 'shaming' language (e.g. 'bigot', 'pedo apologist', 'white nationalist' etc), moves on to saying why people shouldn't engage with me.

Then in the next paragraph he says exactly what he's just done and why.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #285 on: March 06, 2017, 01:03:35 PM »

Thank God. He was a toxic cancer that was about to metastasize.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #286 on: March 06, 2017, 01:19:03 PM »

thanks to the reagan battalion i can believe into the good side of the conservative movement again.
EnglishPete

« Reply #287 on: March 06, 2017, 01:31:53 PM »

thanks to the reagan battalion i can believe into the good side of the conservative movement again.
You seem to have this weird obsession with the Reagan Battalion based on what I said about the liberal media being untrustworthy. Your argument seems to be that if the 'mainstream' media is untrustworthy then that makes alternative or non mainstream sources the more trustworthy.

Just to be clear in case its not got through. Alternative and non mainstream media isn't trustworthy either. No media is.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #288 on: March 06, 2017, 02:00:15 PM »

Just to be clear in case its not got through. Alternative and non mainstream media isn't trustworthy either. No media is.

well, you always post those mainstream links to sources with white house credentials, like gatewaypundit, infowars or breitbart, which makes me think you are a little bit too elite in your media judgements, imho.

SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #289 on: March 06, 2017, 02:47:33 PM »

I agree, Pete is def. Milo or one of Milo's close confidantes. It's the only theory that doesn't make him look completely pathetic. (of course, he's still acting pathetic, but it would be more pathetic if he weren't milo trying to "defend himself.")
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #290 on: March 06, 2017, 02:54:21 PM »

Interesting article here on Parallels between Milo and St Francis of Assisi

There are certain sentences that should never emanate from your very own personal keyboard or pen and that, if they do, ought to cause one to look hard into the nearest reflective surface and ponder on where your life went wrong and what can be done to alter it. This is one of them.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #291 on: March 06, 2017, 02:58:04 PM »

is the concept of online-trolling so foreign?

since the more cultivated of those are able to write longer postings if they want to, the goal usually is to make sure, they need to write more words than you.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #292 on: March 06, 2017, 06:31:16 PM »

Thank God. He was a toxic cancer that was about to metastasize.

Totally false. He's bigger than ever before at this point anyway. You should see how many IMs I get about him at work every week! We love him so much!
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #293 on: March 10, 2017, 01:01:25 PM »

Great conservative patriots, "The Reagan Battalion", have published a new video of Milo.

Cherry quote: "Victims of sexual abuse who come forward when they grow up are "whinging selfish brats."

https://twitter.com/ReaganBattalion/status/840236263659708416
EnglishPete

« Reply #294 on: March 10, 2017, 04:09:44 PM »

Great conservative patriots, "The Reagan Battalion", have published a new video of Milo.

Cherry quote: "Victims of sexual abuse who come forward when they grow up are "whinging selfish brats."

https://twitter.com/ReaganBattalion/status/840236263659708416
Similar to the other quotes that surfaced. Yiannopolous denying the reality of his abuse, minimising and excusing the harm that it did to him. A pretty appalling statement and similar to the other statements that he rightly apologised for. Again I could bring up the double standard when his case is compared to other cases e.g. liberal Richard Dawkins said pretty much the same thing in his bestselling book 'The God Delusion' and hardly any criticised him for it. That does not excuse Milo's statement though as he himself would accept.

However I'm a little surprised that you didn't bring up what he sais in the first part of the clip. He seemed to be suggesting that male homosexuality. He seems to be saying that male homosexuality is disproportionately linked to hebephilia and ephebophilia and that indeed 'these things exist on a spectrum'. I would have thought that that was an even more politically incorrect thing to say than what he said in the latter part of the clip.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies