CPAC: Milo disinvited, quits Breitbart (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:01:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CPAC: Milo disinvited, quits Breitbart (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CPAC: Milo disinvited, quits Breitbart  (Read 26248 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« on: February 19, 2017, 12:45:47 AM »

Gross. The sudden Republican obsession with "edginess" is getting to be too much. Trump is a lot of fun. Romney, Ryan, McCain, and Jeb! are boring. But that doesn't mean we have to literally get a pro-rape crypto Nazi to speak just because my party is so emotionally invested in pissing off the other side (which, I admit, is a LOT of fun and very tempting after the eight years we just went through).

I was tempted to go see Milo because of the reactions of the student thugs on FSU, but then I realized that if I let a bunch little wanna-be brownshirts piss me off into putting money into the pocket of an actual brownshirt, everyone would win accept for me.

The worst part about Milo is that he is beloved by the same young Republicans who hated and still hate Trump. The College Republican types. The ones who wear that douchebag combination of khaki pants with a shirt, tie, and blazer to their weekly meetings. The kind who headed the Students for Rubio group on campus. The kind I had to sit with at the GOP debate in Miami. The kind who go to all the Republican club meetings, get the good internships, and have good connections to the Lt. Governor even though they've never walked into a campaign office in their freaking life.

Milo is the God of the "Alt-right" and the "TRUH CONSERVATUHS" of the Reagan/Rubio/Cruz variety, which is fitting because those happen to be the two most vile and most vocal wings of the party aside from the President's twitter.

The True Conservatives description was (apart from the still hating Trump- I think you're still in June on that one) almost a perfect description of me and most of my friends!  We don't actually dress up for meetings, though- and we are sometimes called on to campaign (I went on a trip to Georgia in 2014 to campaign, for instance).  And, yes, I go to most of the big conservative conferences and will be at CPAC next week!!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 12:49:51 AM »
« Edited: February 19, 2017, 12:56:46 AM by ExtremeRepublican »

Let's face it-most young Republicans at CPAC (the "big government sucks" crowd) dress like twelve year olds at their 28 year old half-sisters wedding. Pwning SWJs is all they got.

I think there needs to be a counter-culture on the right that is intellectual but not elitist that can act as both a vanguard for the most ideological activists and the Trumpletariet alike. CPAC is a great tool but it risks becoming a Paul Ryan nerd prom indoctrinating young right-wingers with outdated ideas in the age of Trump.

HuhHuh?
If you are talking about the red polo people, it's because they literally have to be dressed like that for their free trip.  The rest of us generally dress in business or business casual attire at CPAC.  And, since places like CPAC and similar conferences have some of the prettiest girls on the planet, I don't know why you are making fun of movement conservatives so much!

Of my ~900 FB friends, I would bet that 300-400 of them are either going to CPAC or have been to CPAC or similar conferences in the past, so these are the type of people that I know, and I truly think they are some of the best people on the planet!  And, why disparage the Reagan/Rubio/Cruz/Ryan/etc. "True Conservatives"- we're the only ones who stand for our values across the board- all the other groups have a problem area.

I think and hope that there will be multiple future Presidents of the United States in the audience at CPAC next week!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 10:08:47 AM »

I'm so excited!!  I will get to see the president speak in person!

Actually, I saw Obama speak once, but I will now get to see a president I voted for speak in person!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 03:54:02 PM »

Milo just gave a Facebook live video trying to defend himself:

https://www.facebook.com/myiannopoulos/videos/851905428280687/
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 04:56:05 PM »

The full CPAC schedule is up, and I am stunned that they are doing a straw poll again this year (especially if it has a presidential question).  How bad would it look if, for example, Trump lost to Cruz or Pence?  Also, I'm proud of Tennessee getting the award for the most conservative state in the nation for a second straight year.  Hopefully, I will have a great time and get a bunch of great pictures (maybe one with the president???)!

http://cpac.conservative.org/agenda/
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 06:11:00 PM »

The full CPAC schedule is up, and I am stunned that they are doing a straw poll again this year (especially if it has a presidential question).  How bad would it look if, for example, Trump lost to Cruz or Pence?  Also, I'm proud of Tennessee getting the award for the most conservative state in the nation for a second straight year.  Hopefully, I will have a great time and get a bunch of great pictures (maybe one with the president???)!

http://cpac.conservative.org/agenda/

You should post the best pictures here, I'm sure a lot of us would appreciate that

It's my third CPAC.  I can post a couple from the last two years if y'all want!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 07:36:44 PM »

Is this thread going to actually be about CPAC, or should I start a new one to actually discuss something other than Milo?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies