CPAC: Milo disinvited, quits Breitbart (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:57:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CPAC: Milo disinvited, quits Breitbart (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CPAC: Milo disinvited, quits Breitbart  (Read 26243 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« on: February 18, 2017, 03:24:03 PM »

Well it looks like they're trying to lose now.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 03:57:41 PM »

Good. Far left anarchists and Berkeley Free Speech Deniers should have their faces metaphorically kicked in by Milo's exposure. The quicker and harder these fifth columnists see that their coercive tactics don't work, the better for the left.
This reads like pure nonsense and I'm not quite sure how having a professional troll speak to conservatives accomplishes that.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 05:43:07 PM »

From the principled conservatism of Barry Goldwater to the moral bankruptcy of Milo. Truly the right has given up.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 09:27:02 PM »

He was on Bill Maher last night. I didn't find him to be that deplorable; of course, he was probably "filtering" himself since he was going to be appearing before a liberal audience.

I saw it too and I didn't think he was that bad.  If anything, Larry Wilmore (who I usually like) came off as a complete idiot when he began cursing.  It seems that Milo doesn't believe half of what he says but is trying to troll easily triggered liberals.  And I'm afraid to say that a lot of us deserve it.
The only thing worse than an idiot is a money grubbing whore who pretends to be an idiot. It doesn't matter if he believes what he says or not. As far as I'm concerned, he doesn't deserve sh*t.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 01:23:55 AM »

The operative question is what constitutes American conservative thought in the age of Trump? One might not be faulted for thinking conservatives functionally have reached the same stage philosophically as the New Deal Democratic liberals did in 1968.

Who's to say Milo isn't akin to the Black Panthers of the 1960s, especially their more radical wing?
That's an unfair comparison. At least the radical Black Panthers got off their asses for free.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 01:53:27 PM »

CPAC, and conservatives as a whole, has always been guilty of elevating loudmouthed hucksters especially those whose race or sexual orientation or age suggest that they would usually be a Democrat. Rather than addressing they have a homophobia problem, they'll put a gay guy on stage to tell them that the LEFT are the real bigots. Rather than address why minorities don't vote Republican, they'll put David Clarke on stage to talk about how brown people are all criminals.

Notice that quieter, non-bomb throwing minority conservatives (Tim Scott, Ken Mehlman, ect.) get nowhere near the conservative attention and enthusiasm as say Allen West or Milo.

Ironically enough, it's identity politics at its most crass.
Again, identity politics won last year. It just so happens the people who responded to it were too deluded to see it.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 11:15:44 PM »

vid surfaced of Milo speaking favorably of pedophilia

You must be logged in to read this quote.

lol...party of family values
"I'm grateful for Father Michael, I wouldn't give nearly as good head without him."
"This oppressive idea of consent"
"Relationships between younger boys and older men who help them discover their sexuality."

Ding Dong, the witch is dead
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 03:10:43 PM »

Milo News Network here we come!!! The speaking tour just got 10 dates longer!
One for every kid touched on tour!
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 05:56:35 PM »

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 08:28:20 PM »

Milo deserves to be fired, but a lot of disturbing homophobia here coming from the far-left.  Not surprised.
The f**k?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 02:44:58 PM »

Where are you seeing that?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 10:05:40 PM »

Wow Pete is actually indirectly negatively attacking a group that publicized the videos. As if they did a bad thing instead of a public service. I see there's no low for the alt white nationalist right. Even pedophilia.

We can laugh at the absurdity of how this came to light while also recognizing that what Milo said was legit messed up.
No doubt Milo said some messed up things, apparently in talking about his own experience. However to claim that he is a pedo apologist and then to affect a nauseatingly disingenuous pose of shocked outrage over this claim is frankly contemptible.
When someone condones sex between, "younger boys and older men,' that should set off alarm bells, period.

And no, he wasn't just talking about himself. He said within the gay community itself. You're trying too f**king hard to apologize for someone who did sh*t for you.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2017, 01:22:03 PM »

I wonder how many of those leftists condemning Milo for some of his rather screwed up words would also condemn the late Harvey Milk, with whom it wasn't just awful words but awful actions
http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/15/why-doesnt-obama-condemn-boy-rapist-harvey-milk/
Stop deflecting.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2017, 01:35:37 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2017, 01:43:42 PM by Devout Centrist »

I wonder how many of those leftists condemning Milo for some of his rather screwed up words would also condemn the late Harvey Milk, with whom it wasn't just awful words but awful actions
http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/15/why-doesnt-obama-condemn-boy-rapist-harvey-milk/
Stop deflecting.
The question is whether those who are so keen to denounce Yiannopolous for his words are doing so because of honest reaction to those words or whether many of them don't actually give a sh**t about child abuse apologism or even actual child abuse and are just raising the issue to score political points. That's a very important aspect of this topic.

Perhaps you could help find the answer to this question by giving your own views on the Harvey Milk case and on the Bill Maher case. Of course if you don't want to answer that question you're under no obligation to do so.
Stop deflecting.

Okay, fine, I'll explain a bit further. What Harvey Milk did is completely extraneous to what Milo said or advocated. It had nothing to do with Milo, basically. It's a red herring.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2017, 01:16:14 AM »

Milo is now the new Literally Who
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies