CPAC: Milo disinvited, quits Breitbart (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:15:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CPAC: Milo disinvited, quits Breitbart (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CPAC: Milo disinvited, quits Breitbart  (Read 26263 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: February 18, 2017, 03:53:41 PM »

I remember Milo when he used to be a rather shy contrary conservative. He was completely boring, said the same thing at each interview/debate and had his ass handed to him by pretty much everyone he opposed. Then he was ignored and disappeared. He only popped onto my radar again two years ago when I found out he'd camped it up, pretended to be self confident and was trolling US conservatives. Just ignore him and he'll go away.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 05:04:23 PM »

Well the alt-right won. They are the establishment, they have the press credentials. There's nothing edgy about that anymore. They got in at the first opening; it should have been a longer term plan, maybe after 4 years of trolling President Clinton. But here they are. It will fall apart. You can't invest the sort of energy for four months never mind four years.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 07:19:23 AM »

Y'all have to understand that this precisely why conservatives love Milo so much. He's basically a gay minstrel, confirming their most despicable bigotries. Conservatives think that gay men are sexually deviant pedophiles, and here comes a gay man to say, you're right, we are!

Ding ding ding.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 12:22:49 PM »

Milo is literally on tape saying that it isn't wrong for a 28 year old and a 13 year old to be involved sexually.

But you know. It's a joke. Take it as a joke. It's your problem for not taking it as a joke which makes your reaction the problem not what I'm saying. And if you've been sexually assaulted and don't find it funny then you're a snowflake. Jeez. Get over it. I'm just being funny.

But please please don't cancel this because I need the money and exposure. And if you do it's not a private business decision, the ones I think people have the right to make (not when it affects me). You're caving in just like the SJW's make people do. It's just a joke. It's edited to make me look bad. It's like fake news.

And besides lots of gays think like me. And by lots I mean me and my friends. I'm not projecting honest.

That's totally not me now. Look at the hair. Do you like my hair today? I'm honestly not trying to overcompensate for being adenoidal, bland and dull. Look at how fabulous I look. I'm a gay Jew with a black boyfriend, like a fox in the henhouse. Except I'm actually Catholic. I don't do identity politics at all.

It's just a joke.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 04:30:54 PM »

The majority of you can never, ever empathize with growing up gay... and all of the negative implications that come with it.  I see it in the way you treat so called "self hating gays"... like you are entitled to saying extremely homophobic and hurtful things to someone because they can't stand themselves and can't accept who they are.  That's disgusting and it is so apparent to me and it separates out the wheat from the tares, I'll tell you that much.

I grew up gay. I have every sympathy for those who hate themselves. I don't have sympathy for people who damage others because they hate themselves. Self hating gays are never just 'self' hating.

Milo says that gay people can change their orientation. He says he wishes they would go back in the closet. He says that 'gay rights have made gays dumb'. He says that he wishes they would go back to marrying women and having families and have affairs, ruin families because it was more 'fun'.

He called a reporter a 'thick as pig sh!t media Jew.' He sexually harassed people online. He says that trans people are mentally ill.

He is an awful human being.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 12:00:47 PM »

Interesting take on these events from Roosh V, who of course went through a similar media frenzy a few years ago when the media falsely labelled him a 'rape apologist'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuI3RpeZcc8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emLMq1AqvY0

Roosh V - 'Make rape legal if done on private property. I propose that we make the violent taking of a woman not punishable by law when done off public grounds. If rape becomes legal under my proposal, a girl will protect her body in the same manner that she protects her purse and smartphone.'

What won't you be an apologist for EnglishPete?

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 12:33:24 PM »

Interesting take on these events from Roosh V, who of course went through a similar media frenzy a few years ago when the media falsely labelled him a 'rape apologist'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuI3RpeZcc8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emLMq1AqvY0

Roosh V - 'Make rape legal if done on private property. I propose that we make the violent taking of a woman not punishable by law when done off public grounds. If rape becomes legal under my proposal, a girl will protect her body in the same manner that she protects her purse and smartphone.'

What won't you be an apologist for EnglishPete?

And if you had read the whole article you would realise that it was a satire, a satire that was deliberately misrepresented by big media corporations as a means of attacking the author.

http://www.rooshv.com/how-to-stop-rape

Perhaps you might react the same way to someone quoting Jonathan Swift "You're advocating for VILE CANNIBALISM ADVOCATE Jonathan Swift!! How low can you go??!!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Modest_Proposal

Oh it was a satire? A BBC documentary with Reggie Yates in 2011 was satire? His 'When No Means Yes' is satire?

This article from renowned left wing paper, the Daily Mail which notes that he admitted acts that would be considered rape is just satire?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3439840/Return-Kings-founder-Daryush-Roosh-Valizadeh-admits-considered-rape-deleted-post.html

Or any of these;

“All women are worthless dirty whores”

“My default opinion of any girl I meet is ‘she is a worthless dirty whore until proven otherwise’. When so many girls have opened their legs up for me so quickly and easily, it’s hard for me to respect them.

I do not feel any closer to a girl when I pump her, and most of the time I respect her less because my opinion of her as a worthless dirty whore who probably likes being choked was proven correct.”

“You should fantasize about choking girls”

“The more worthless you think of the female species and the less you fantasize about your dream girl, the more likely you will find and successfully game her. The fantasy you should have to get your ideal girl should be choking and butt-f***ing her, not having a romantic walk with her on a beautiful beach underneath a full moon.”

“Men must make all the decisions for women”

“Systems must now be put in place where a woman’s behaviour is monitored and her decisions subject to approval of a male relative or a guardian who understands what’s in her best interests better than she does herself.”

Again, why are you apologising for a rape apologist/rapist? Please bear in mind the gravity of your response to this.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 03:30:07 PM »

Is literally everyone in the alt right a terrible person? You'd think there'd be at least one token decent one.

That's what differentiates the alt-right from Fascism. At least the Fascists had Rommel.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 04:51:56 PM »

What would you consider to be an appropriate source?
Because everyone outside of the manosphere (and a lot of manospherians) know that Roosh was 100% serious
The references to him being accused of being a 'rape denier' that I've seen seem to center around the "How to stop rape" article. Reading that article its pretty clear that it was satirical. I'm not familiar with his writings on his whole PUA thing, that's never been something I've been into. If you've got evidence of him being a rape apologist/rapist I'll look at it.

An appropriate source would not be a newspaper. Verifiable primary sources would be appropriate sources if you can provide links.

I will, genuinely, devote time to finding screen grabs through web archive (as he tends to delete everything) this weekend. If I do this, and post them, do you promise to accept the premise and then leave? Because I'm not wasting my time on this again.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 05:08:29 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2017, 05:14:14 PM by afleitch »

What would you consider to be an appropriate source?
Because everyone outside of the manosphere (and a lot of manospherians) know that Roosh was 100% serious
The references to him being accused of being a 'rape denier' that I've seen seem to center around the "How to stop rape" article. Reading that article its pretty clear that it was satirical. I'm not familiar with his writings on his whole PUA thing, that's never been something I've been into. If you've got evidence of him being a rape apologist/rapist I'll look at it.

An appropriate source would not be a newspaper. Verifiable primary sources would be appropriate sources if you can provide links.

I will, genuinely, devote time to finding screen grabs through web archive (as he tends to delete everything) this weekend.
Might be easier for you if you are able to link to an article by someone else who has already done that (I presume this would have already been done).

You must be logged in to read this quote.
No, but I'll then be able to review what was actually said

The reason I ask is because as part of the mod team, as non plussed as I am these days, I need to know whether you actually are sticking your head out in support of paedophilia/rape apologists.

Edit: Any source I posted, would not be to your taste. But any anti 'Male Rights' blog will do. Like this one: http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/?s=roosh
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 07:49:01 PM »

Is this thread going to actually be about CPAC, or should I start a new one to actually discuss something other than Milo?

People on this forum tend not to get too excited about 'scripted reality' trash tv.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 10:23:33 AM »

Milk would have been 33 in 1963; thirteen years before homosexual acts were decriminalised in California. Nothing, consensual or otherwise was legal. Californias age of consent is still 18 to this day. It's 16 next door in Nevada which shows how arbitrary such laws are. In the USA ages of consent vary at 16, 17, 18. Not 13 etc.  I think you can have a go at Milk for a lot (Jim Jones for example) But I think there is a distinction between sexual activity/consent at 16 and at 13 particularly when 16 is the age of consent across half of the USA.

I was 16 in 2000. The age of consent was then 18. I had sexual encounters with 18 year olds. Technically I could not consent, though if I was having straight sex I could.

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2017, 03:56:18 PM »

And speaking of Maher and Milk I notice that the only response from Democrats on this thread about them has been from afleitch making excuses for Milk. Anybody else have any views on this or would they rather ignore the question?

No I did not. I explained that there was, ironically, no age of consent because all homosexual sex was illegal in the state of California. I also explained that the age of consent is 16 or 17 in some states and 18 in others, therefore you can't make moral pronouncements on people who have sex at 16 in the USA because it exists as an age of consent in a significant number of US states.

But as has been very well put by PD, you have, and continue to play in 'whataboutery'.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies