Our next President... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:48:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Our next President... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will our next president be...
A Republican elected in a landslide

A Democrat elected in a landslide

A Republican elected by a large margin

A Democrat elected by a large margin

A Republican elected by a close margin

A Democrat elected by a close margin

2000-type election for GOP

2000-type election for Dems

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 89

Author Topic: Our next President...  (Read 26403 times)
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« on: July 26, 2005, 12:48:39 AM »

Allen...very plausible, especially against Hillary
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 10:06:56 AM »

I voted Republican by a large margin but I agree with DemoHawk above me. Which basically means  we have 3 good chances to win and the Democrats have 2. Smiley
Agree Smiley
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 10:36:59 AM »

Has CNN or others ever contemplated that Fox News, the NY Post, and other Republican entities are treading lightly with Hillary b/c they know she's not electable?  The party (as a whole) doesn't know how to foster a middle class or wage an effective war, but they do know electability--and know it darn well.  But we can continue to delude ourselves into thinking she can win red states (against the real candidate, George Allen).
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 12:22:34 PM »

might claim that her defeat was just another rejection by the electorate of a “Washington Politician” attempting to ape the Republicans at their own game (it sounds bizarre but it might well be how the Liberal Left would see it).      

right, as always! Smiley
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 12:30:51 AM »
« Edited: July 27, 2005, 01:26:39 AM by krustytheklown »

Has CNN or others ever contemplated that Fox News, the NY Post, and other Republican entities are treading lightly with Hillary b/c they know she's not electable?  The party (as a whole) doesn't know how to foster a middle class or wage an effective war, but they do know electability--and know it darn well.  But we can continue to delude ourselves into thinking she can win red states (against the real candidate, George Allen).

I think they are trying to paint her as a front-runner so that by 2008, everybody cringes when they here Hillary Clinton and they don't vote for her. Not that's she's going to run anyways (thank god!).
I hope she decides to stay in the Senate...forever. Smiley
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 12:21:05 PM »

I hope Hillary will stay in the Senate, Edwards will succeed Dean as DNC Chair, and Wes Clark will wait to be appointed by someone that can actually win an election, besides a three-way-tie in Oklahoma.  I just hope Kerry does anything but run for President (it's not like he'll get the nomination anyway).  I also hope Bayh and Warner work something out before they split the moderate vote.
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2005, 01:05:29 PM »

I hope Hillary will stay in the Senate, Edwards will succeed Dean as DNC Chair, and Wes Clark will wait to be appointed by someone that can actually win an election, besides a three-way-tie in Oklahoma.  I just hope Kerry does anything but run for President (it's not like he'll get the nomination anyway).  I also hope Bayh and Warner work something out before they split the moderate vote.
I really think it will be Warner (currently) who wins the party nomination.  If someone else from the party rises up in the next year, he might have a challenge on his hands.  As far as Edwards taking over for Dean, that would definitely be an improvement, especially given his speaking skills.
You made my day Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies