Baker Knoll Campagins at Funeral
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:39:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Baker Knoll Campagins at Funeral
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Baker Knoll Campagins at Funeral  (Read 1760 times)
PADem

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 26, 2005, 02:48:56 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/07/25/national/main711536.shtml

What is wrong with this woman? Handing out business cards at
a dead marine's funeral? I wish our state were a Parlimentary democracy and she was Deputy Prime Minister, so Eddie could dismiss her immediately.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 07:34:51 AM »

I heard about this last night.  What an ______ (fill in your own bad word here)!
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 07:43:23 AM »

Casey needs to recruit someone with a touch of decency for the Lieutenant Govenor nomination next year.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 07:48:42 AM »

I heard a portion of this as a OI was scanning the radio dial yesterday.  The snippet I heard  before I changed the station, hoping to find something more interesting, had led me to believe this was an overhyped attack on a politician attending a funeral.  However, engaging in active campaigning, as opposed to simply showing up, is worthy of an attack and would be whether Knoll had expressed pro-war or anti-war sentiments.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 12:23:48 PM »

This was what you would call a dumb move, to put it mildly.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 12:33:50 PM »

Rendell/Pennacchio sounds pretty good right now.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 01:35:15 PM »

I would go with Dan Onorato.  The guy is brilliant, from the critical western PA, and could be groomed for governor.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 01:36:55 PM »

I would go with Dan Onorato.  The guy is brilliant, from the critical western PA, and could be groomed for governor.

Sounds good to me.  Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 04:23:02 PM »

We all know that she's lost her mind and that pretty much everyone can't stand her. Are we really that surprised that she'd do something like this?

She'll run in '06, lose in the primary and that'll be the end.

What I can't wait for is to see what Rendell does with her. Will he actually come out against his Lt. Governor even though he said he'd stick with her? (we all know he doesn't want to be anywhere near her and is working behind the scenes to get rid of her)

By the way, for anyone that doesn't know, Knoll wasn't all there to begin with. She has referred to Governor Edward G. Rendell as Governor Edward G. Robinson and frequently mixes up male and female members of the State Senate because of "similar" names (example: Lisa Boscola and Jeff Piccola. Sorry, CBK, but if you can't notice the difference in their looks, then you have some serious issues. Don't blame the names.)

The best is what the PA GOP put up about her on their site...

Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 04:26:20 PM »

We all know that she's lost her mind and that pretty much everyone can't stand her. Are we really that surprised that she'd do something like this?

What I can't wait for is to see what Rendell does with her. Will he actually come out against his Lt. Governor even though he said he'd stick with her? (we all know he doesn't want to be anywhere near her and is working behind the scenes to get rid of her)

By the way, for anyone that doesn't know, Knoll wasn't all there to begin with. She has referred to Governor Edward G. Rendell as Governor Edward G. Robinson and frequently mixes up male and female members of the State Senate because of "similar" names (example: Lisa Boscola and Jeff Piccola. Sorry, CBK, but if you can't notice the difference in their looks, then you have some serious issues. Don't blame the names.)

well, she wasnt the best pick in the world, ill give you that. wow, Rendell/Pennacchio sounds pretty good right now. Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 04:28:14 PM »

well, she wasnt the best pick in the world, ill give you that. wow, Rendell/Pennacchio sounds pretty good right now. Wink

It's not a "pick" by the Gubernatorial candidate. We pick Lt. Governor in a very odd way here in PA and I hope it changes.

What happens is that a Gubernatorial can "run with" someone (example: Rendell/Kukovich 2002 and Casey/Wagner 2002) but the Lt. Governor race is seperate so Knoll was just thrown with Rendell to run in the General election.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 04:38:07 PM »

OMG her shoulder is on fire!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 04:45:21 PM »

No. CBK loves to wear outrageously large pins.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2005, 05:32:25 PM »

Is she for real?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2005, 05:33:58 PM »

Al, the woman is an old, washed up politician who thinks she still has importance in the state. Mix that with the fact that she's losing mind and you have the answer to your question.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2005, 07:58:38 PM »

It's not a "pick" by the Gubernatorial candidate. We pick Lt. Governor in a very odd way here in PA and I hope it changes.

What happens is that a Gubernatorial can "run with" someone (example: Rendell/Kukovich 2002 and Casey/Wagner 2002) but the Lt. Governor race is seperate so Knoll was just thrown with Rendell to run in the General election.
she was elected at the same time as Rendell, wasnt she? they get elected in the primaries, dont they?
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2005, 10:40:00 PM »

This is sick, just sick.  She needs to resign immediately.  She can't even remember the Governor's name.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2005, 10:43:52 PM »

she was elected at the same time as Rendell, wasnt she? they get elected in the primaries, dont they?

Elected at the same time but in a different primary. Blame the Dems of the state. The woman has become a complete loon.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2005, 10:46:54 PM »

Sanity has never been a requirement for holding public office in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.*

CBK had a long record of reasonably good service in various state administrative posts and had a following among conservative Democrats in the 1990's.  The 90's are over.

*And this is from somebody who has held public office in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2005, 10:49:08 PM »

Elected at the same time but in a different primary. Blame the Dems of the state. The woman has become a complete loon.
right. same time, different primaries. thats what i thought. (honestly. i just worded it wrong in the first post) yeah, she was definetly a huge mistake. Rendell needs to pray that someome else is picked to be Lt. Gov. all her opponents  need to do is bring things like this up and shes sure to lose.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2005, 11:31:27 PM »

right. same time, different primaries. thats what i thought. (honestly. i just worded it wrong in the first post) yeah, she was definetly a huge mistake. Rendell needs to pray that someome else is picked to be Lt. Gov. all her opponents  need to do is bring things like this up and shes sure to lose.

He doesn't need to pray. He can get whoever he wants. Problem for him: Knoll actually does have a following in parts of western PA. It'll hurt him even more out there and it does look bad openly campaigning against your Lt. Governor.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2005, 11:32:15 PM »

had a following among conservative Democrats in the 1990's.  The 90's are over.

She still does have a bit of a following out west. They put her in two years ago.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2005, 11:34:33 PM »

He doesn't need to pray. He can get whoever he wants. Problem for him: Knoll actually does have a following in parts of western PA. It'll hurt him even more out there and it does look bad openly campaigning against your Lt. Governor.
well, thats why dont campaign against her, you just hope they pick someone else. same objective, juust that the latter is less likely to affect the way people look at him Wink
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2005, 12:20:56 AM »

Let's get this idiot out of office.  Hell, I'd be more inclinded to vote a Rendell/Stilp, Rendell/Fattah or (maybe) even a Rendell/Street ticket than a Rendell/Knoll ticket in 2006.
danwxman

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2005, 12:56:47 AM »

ONORATO
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies