The Joy of Tomorrow - A New Day in Atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:13:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Joy of Tomorrow - A New Day in Atlasia
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Joy of Tomorrow - A New Day in Atlasia  (Read 165 times)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 20, 2017, 12:28:45 AM »

The Joy of Tomorrow

Time and time again, I find myself thinking of the late poet Maya Angelou, who said "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." I have never felt so inspired, and so emboldened to fight for a world that we can live in, together. That is how you've made me feel, and I will never forget that.

And so, as I speak on this, a cool February evening, at just past midnight. I am reminded that, no matter what happened minutes ago, today is a new day.

A day filled with the hope of the woman to be able to be paid the same wages as her male counterparts, enveloped with the passion of the new generation of children that are innovating things that will supercede our wildest imaginations, and a day marked by the feeling of love and joy that so many, with so little still have to hold.

Our fight was never going to be about one issue, or even one election. It was about the country we all live in and love and trying to build an Atlasia that is fair for all Atlasians.

This election only proves what was true four months ago is still true today, we are a divided people. But I know, and I believe that as Maya Angelou once said: "we are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike."

And if you believe this too than I want you to join me in accepting the Governor of the South, as our next President. 

But never forget what you felt tonight and build that into your ability to change, as I know I will.

Thank you.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 12:40:26 AM »

Well-written.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 05:19:39 AM »

Indeed, well done.

I look forward to working with you Never, on improving the Senate rules and passing the remaining October fixes as I am now calling them it seems, and getting them sent off to the regions.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 05:31:53 AM »

An excellent speech, as always. It has been my privilege to work alongside you for the past two years, and I'm sure - president or no - you'll remain one of our greatest statesmen for as long as you wish to play this game.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 06:26:20 AM »

I'd like to very much echo the words of Governor Truman- you've been a true champion for the game over the last 6 months, and it's been an honour to work with you. I'm sure you'll have a future that will continue to burn bright in the game.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 11:18:07 AM »

Great speech, well done.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies