Suggested plan for increasing interest in Atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:12:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Suggested plan for increasing interest in Atlasia
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Suggested plan for increasing interest in Atlasia  (Read 786 times)
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 28, 2018, 10:30:21 PM »

In the API's upcoming Fireside Chat, we discussed possible ways to allow for Atlasians to have more interest in the game. Now, it's no secret that the elections are the most thrilling part of the game for most Atlasians, so we were thinking: would it be possible for either Fremont or Lincoln to move their elections to another month so there is a major election every month, thereby allowing for more posters to participate without large breaks in between?
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 04:09:57 PM »

In the API's upcoming Fireside Chat, we discussed possible ways to allow for Atlasians to have more interest in the game. Now, it's no secret that the elections are the most thrilling part of the game for most Atlasians, so we were thinking: would it be possible for either Fremont or Lincoln to move their elections to another month so there is a major election every month, thereby allowing for more posters to participate without large breaks in between?

Sounds like a good idea to me. We also need more referenda.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 04:16:22 PM »

Fremont's electoral calendar is intentionally flexible, as either the first minister or parliament may call an early election when necessary. That option has only ever been used once, but it is an important part of Fremont's parliamentary culture nonetheless, and I wouldn't support moving to a fixed schedule. Such a change would be easier in Lincoln, especially if they decide to transition to a three-month term; ultimately, however, what matters most is who we elect, and not when we elect them.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 03:58:35 PM »

I'd like to bring this up again, as I think it's rather easy to ensure one regional election per month. Essentially, we have to do the following.

- Lincoln amends their constitution to reduce term length from 4 to 3 months, starting with the current term (next election would be in May)

- In Fremont, DFL calls for a snap election in March.

Then, we have elections in each region set for the follwing:

Meridian: January-April-July-October
Lincoln: February-May-August-November
Fremont: March-June-September-December
DFL

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 04:12:01 PM »

I'd like to bring this up again, as I think it's rather easy to ensure one regional election per month. Essentially, we have to do the following.

- Lincoln amends their constitution to reduce term length from 4 to 3 months, starting with the current term (next election would be in May)

I'd be more than willing to shift our elections, but currently Fremont is the only region with election in May, so I'll only call a snap election once the other regions have shifted their schedules. Other than that, I think having a more consistent election calendar is a great idea.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 04:18:41 PM »

I like that idea, but, it's The SOUTH  Wink
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 05:06:32 PM »

I'm a big fan of this idea. I call for the Lincoln Assembly and Governor to take action on this.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 05:28:41 PM »

I'm a big fan of this idea. I call for the Lincoln Assembly and Governor to take action on this.
I am certainly open to such a change but I would like to hear what the assembly has to say on this before committing to any kind of major changes to are elections. I would also be open to some more substantive changes along the lines of Fremont.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 05:53:40 PM »

That sounds like a great idea! I never thought of that. Here I was thinking of ways to move the Southern elections to match up with all the others, when we were the ones doing it right the whole time!

I think one election per month would be a great idea to increase interest in the game
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 06:24:59 PM »

would it be possible for either Fremont or Lincoln to move their elections to another month so there is a major election every month, thereby allowing for more posters to participate without large breaks in between?

Done.
DFL

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2018, 06:44:11 PM »

would it be possible for either Fremont or Lincoln to move their elections to another month so there is a major election every month, thereby allowing for more posters to participate without large breaks in between?

Done.

Has Lincoln moved their elections?
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2018, 07:18:40 PM »

Done.

Jimmy's apparently working on it
DFL

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2018, 07:30:58 PM »

Done.

Jimmy's apparently working on it

Just saw! Looks like we’ll be having a third Election in three months for Fremont :,(
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2018, 07:43:38 PM »

I'd advise against this. All elections do is create more drama in the few months I've been here and I don't wanna annoy zombie voters.
DFL

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2018, 07:46:57 PM »

I'd advise against this. All elections do is create more drama in the few months I've been here and I don't wanna annoy zombie voters.

Given that this would just be a small regional election (like the Jan. by-election) with likely little drama, I'd hope we could avoid all of the drama. I think its ultimately for the greater good of activity and mitigating future drama, though the timing is certainly unfortunate.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2018, 07:51:30 PM »

Actually, there is a way we could do this without Fremont having elections 2 months in a row, by having the Lincoln term length change take effect at the end of the current term. It would mean this March would have no election, but every month after that would.

In this scenario, Lincoln and Fremont switch from the other scenario:

Fremont takes February-May-August-November
Lincoln takes March-June-September-December
DFL

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2018, 07:52:16 PM »

Actually, there is a way we could do this without Fremont having elections 2 months in a row, by having the Lincoln term length change take effect at the end of the current term. It would mean this March would have no election, but every month after that would.

Can we please do this lmao
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2018, 07:56:29 PM »

If Lincoln agrees to make sure their amendment's written that way.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2018, 07:58:10 PM »

Yeah, this is a much better idea than throwing out the current parliament for no reason.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies